ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Setsuna 06-02-2014 04:39 PM

Yeah that was sad and upsetting but hey it happens. I enjoyed watching Jaime just in awe at the fight. He was entertained.

Skyy God 06-02-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10666051)
Ned is still the centerpiece. This discussion is the lynchpin of the entire series, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv6JSQcww-E

While Oberyn is devastating, it depends on a reasonable foible of character AND an unreasonable foible of plot.

First, he was so consumed with the reason for his anger he forgot that the ONLY purpose of this exercise was survival and triumph.

Second, and the part that disappoints me, is that the plot demands this man so fleet of foot and elusive, more so than in all the land, shuffle around like a Teamster on break the dangerously close perimeter of the wounded but living Mountain. No way the guy we saw 5 seconds prior would be so careless and inattentive.

This. Rage or no, Viper's not going to drop his guard around a 7'+ monstrosity.

Easy 6 06-02-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10666059)
You haven't been anticipating this since the earliest episodes?

The only part that surprised me a little was that she didn't add something along the lines of 'I took you in, a known slaver, on my quest to free those enslaved.'

He was explicitly a spy, and a slaver. This is a sad development, but one long in coming.

Nope, I would never have guessed that his undying devotion would be exposed as atleast something of a fraud... my money says he redeems himself in later episodes, turning the tide in her favor in some big way.

He loves her, its unrequited, but he loves her and will eventually make things right, I'm damn sure of it...

Hawk 06-02-2014 05:47 PM

Scott, your impatience got the best of you. So much better to see it and not know what's coming. There's some stuff that going to happen over the next two episodes that I would strongly encourage you to wait and not get spoiled on. Or buy one month of HBO, binge watch season 4 on the HBO Go, and then after the last episode airs, cancel it. Reading about stuff on-line is not nearly as good as reading the books or watching the show.

BigRedChief 06-02-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10666097)

Yeah, they tried to make it look like he was trying to share a triumphant moment with his paramour but realistically this is a seasoned warrior making a rookie mistake against the Mountain?

KcMizzou 06-02-2014 07:12 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RB3vgeMijCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ragged Robin 06-02-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10666097)

In the books it's clearly stated that it was never really about the fight for Oberyn, the entire intent was to get The Mountain to admit to raping/murdering his sister and her children at the sack of King's Landing to expose Tywin. He was completely flustered that the Mountain, seemingly dying (in fact he knows he's dying since it's revealed that he poisoned his spear tips), would not admit to it and give him his true victory. It's because of this that his guard is down.

Bowser 06-02-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10666537)
In the books it's clearly stated that it was never really about the fight for Oberyn, the entire intent was to get The Mountain to admit to raping/murdering his sister and her children at the sack of King's Landing to expose Tywin. He was completely flustered that the Mountain, seemingly dying (in fact he knows he's dying since it's revealed that he poisoned his spear tips), would not admit to it and give him his true victory. It's because of this that his guard is down.

This

duncan_idaho 06-02-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10666062)

Is that Lena Headey?

DaFace 06-02-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10666738)
Is that Lena Headey?

Yep.

KcMizzou 06-02-2014 08:35 PM

I guess she posted that two months ago on Instagram.

Hawk 06-02-2014 09:24 PM

They're dating.

NewChief 06-02-2014 09:27 PM

Littlefinger talking to Robin Arryn: "sometimes a man dies on his chamber pot."

Awesome

Bowser 06-02-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10666931)
Littlefinger talking to Robin Arryn: "sometimes a man dies on his chamber pot."

Awesome

Haha, I meant to mention that earlier. I laughed when he said that.

Dallas Chief 06-02-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10665817)
No....Ned walked right into that shit.

The Oberyn death pissed me off because he's a bad ass, he had the Mountain down and done.....and then got completely ****ed. Plus then they let the Mountain live, although in agony, for a couple more days after the fight.

I was so pissed when that happened to Ned that I swore the show off for a whole week! :D

But really I hadn't read any of the books until after I watched the first season and was ill prepared for Ned's demise. I think I literally shouted out a Michael Scott-esque NOOOOO!!!!