ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

underEJ 06-02-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 10664940)
Thoughts on Sansa revealing herself to the other houses of the Vale? It's been awhile since I read Feast but I am sure they still do not know.

Saw a post somewhere of Sansa's new look and in the comments someone called her Black Swansa!

LMAO

Amnorix 06-02-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 10665675)
Not even Ned? Wow, I still seethe over that one!:mad:

You can be mad, but come on! He was too straight an arrow, and too big an idiot...

http://i.imgur.com/7u7RKnc.gif

The Franchise 06-02-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 10665675)
Not even Ned? Wow, I still seethe over that one!:mad:

No....Ned walked right into that shit.

The Oberyn death pissed me off because he's a bad ass, he had the Mountain down and done.....and then got completely ****ed. Plus then they let the Mountain live, although in agony, for a couple more days after the fight.

silver5liter 06-02-2014 02:24 PM

Do you think he is poisoned like in the book? He looked pretty dead and had a spear through his chest. Now i do remember seeing a guy rubbing a rag on the spear that may have been poison.

The Franchise 06-02-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 10665828)
Do you think he is poisoned like in the book? He looked pretty dead and had a spear through his chest. Now i do remember seeing a guy rubbing a rag on the spear that may have been poison.

That I'm not sure of. I was referencing just the book though.

Amnorix 06-02-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 10665828)

Kind of have to right? Or is Qyburn not in the series at all?

Sir Strong is presumably going to be reasonable important in the future...

keg in kc 06-02-2014 02:36 PM

Qyburn is part of the show. I think the last time we saw him was maybe when he set Jamie's golden hand.

Hawk 06-02-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10665833)
Kind of have to right? Or is Qyburn not in the series at all?

Sir Strong is presumably going to be reasonable important in the future...

Qyburn has been in the show a few times already. He saved Jaime after his hand was cut off, and he has appeared here and there. They will still have Ser Robert Strong on the show. How can they not?

Amnorix 06-02-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10665865)
Qyburn has been in the show a few times already. He saved Jaime after his hand was cut off, and he has appeared here and there. They will still have Ser Robert Strong on the show. How can they not?

That's what I was thinking. The more I think about it, however, they don't really need to have the Mountain be poisoned for Qyburn to do his thing.

DaFace 06-02-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10665871)
That's what I was thinking. The more I think about it, however, they don't really need to have the Mountain be poisoned for Qyburn to do his thing.

To me, the whole "writhing in agony" subplot isn't that interesting in TV show terms, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's dead on the spot - even if he was still poisoned. That doesn't affect any use for Strong at all.

Amnorix 06-02-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10665878)
To me, the whole "writhing in agony" subplot isn't that interesting in TV show terms, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's dead on the spot - even if he was still poisoned. That doesn't affect any use for Strong at all.

Right. The key thing is he must survive Oberyn for sufficiently long to establish him as the "winner" so Tyrion is guilty, I guess.

Easy 6 06-02-2014 02:59 PM

I said **** it and read a few spoilers on Yahoo before work this morning, I simply dont wanna wait until season 4 is released this fall to know atleast a little bit of whats going on...

Tyrion has been sentenced to death by Tywin, and his champion, the Viper loses to The Mountain... WTF?

Jorah has been banished by Khaleesi for being a spy... WTF?

Just so much WTF going on...

BigRichard 06-02-2014 03:00 PM

Can someone refresh my memory and tell me who Ser Robert Strong is? Is that the Mountain resurrected? If it is I guess I don't recall him showing up in the books yet. Only hints of it.

DaFace 06-02-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10665899)
Right. The key thing is he must survive Oberyn for sufficiently long to establish him as the "winner" so Tyrion is guilty, I guess.

Eh, I'd say "alive enough to smash Oberyn's head like a grape" is sufficiently alive to be declared the winner. We'll see if they dig into it more than that, but I doubt it.

DaFace 06-02-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10665917)
Can someone refresh my memory and tell me who Ser Robert Strong is? Is that the Mountain resurrected? If it is I guess I don't recall him showing up in the books yet. Only hints of it.

That's the theory. The books haven't said for sure, though. Only that he's monstrous, is mute (IIRC), and never shows his face.