ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

Molitoth 02-14-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9403481)
You're an idiot. YOU'RE AN idiot. Is it that ****ing hard?

antifreeze, aids, your and idiot, etc.

You will learn. :thumb:

silver5liter 02-14-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9404276)
antifreeze, aids, your and idiot, etc.

You will learn. :thumb:

There needs to be a sarcasm smilie

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-14-2013 10:48 PM

PLANET LEXICON, MOTHER****ER; DO YOU SPEAK IT?! And I would know, I own the ****ing bumper sticker.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2 02-15-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9403459)
Wilson is under Shea's "umbrella" and Geno is under Weinke's "umbrella" even per that interview. All he is doing is selling Wilson. Just listen to his hand-size argument. The whole interview is ****ing worthless.

I was shocked at how candid he was. I don't think IMG will be letting him do many interviews in the future. He didn't really sell any of the three strongly as a #1 pick. Reading between the lines you can tell he thinks Smith has trouble under center. And then saying that if Gabbert WAS in this year's draft class he'd be taken ahead of Smith, Barkley and Wilson -wow. Not a very good endorsement at all.

Canofbier 02-15-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9404967)
I was shocked at how candid he was. I don't think IMG will be letting him do many interviews in the future. He didn't really sell any of the three strongly as a #1 pick. Reading between the lines you can tell he thinks Smith has trouble under center. And then saying that if Gabbert WAS in this year's draft class he'd be taken ahead of Smith, Barkley and Wilson -wow. Not a very good endorsement at all.

I just listened to the interview just now, and I got the impression that his opinions were heavily biased. If a question began with "Well, you worked with ______ for a while...", then his response was glowing and he didn't really include much negative commentary. If he didn't work with a guy, his opinion of the player was lower. Not saying that his criticisms or opinions are invalid, but there seemed to be a clear bias when talking about players that he worked with individually.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-05-2013 12:25 PM

Benjamin Allbright‏@NFLDraftMonster23m
Only one NFL team has scheduled a visit with #Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson at this point, the Buffalo #Bills on April 12.

Benjamin Allbright‏@NFLDraftMonster4m
Find it funny that Barkley's pro day got so much hype, Tyler Wilson throws 84 passes missing on 1 (6 drops) at his, no one talked about it

Benjamin Allbright‏@NFLDraftMonster3m
Not that I think Pro day QB performances are worth much, just find the coverage/publicity disparity funny.

BigMeatballDave 04-05-2013 12:29 PM

Surprising to me that no one is really interested.

RealSNR 04-05-2013 12:31 PM

Wilson will get drafted and be summoned to the bottom of his new team's depth chart.

If he survives and fights his way to the top, he's got a small chance of sticking.

Ricky Stanzi, anybody?

RunKC 05-13-2013 06:34 PM

Tyler Wilson in mix to be Oakland Raiders' starting QB?

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: May 13, 2013 at 08:13 a.m. Updated: May 13, 2013 at 10:37 a.m.

Judging rookies off their minicamp performance seems premature at best, and quite possibly foolish. That's not going to stop the Tyler Wilson bandwagon from starting to form around the Oakland Raiders.

Schein Nine: Breakout candidates
Who will become the next household name in the NFL? Adam Schein identifies nine players who are primed to make the leap. More ...
Steve Corkran of the Oakland Tribune writes that Wilson looks "miles ahead" of where JaMarcus Russell, Andrew Walter, Marques Tuiasosopo and Terrelle Pryor were when they showed up as Oakland Raiders draft picks.

"I like the way that Tyler's commanded the huddle," Raiders coach Dennis Allen said. "I've liked the way that he's gone through his reads. He's picking up a new system, but I think he's doing a nice job. I don't think there's any question about his arm strength and his accuracy."

Corkran was even more bullish. He touted Wilson's accuracy, arm strength and composure.

"It says here that Wilson is on track to push Matt Flynn for the starting job right away and certainly push (Terrelle) Pryor for the backup spot held by Matt Leinart last season," Corkran writes.

Draft signings
The New Orleans Saints' Kenny Vaccaro and Detroit Lions' Ziggy Ansah were the first of the 2013 NFL Draft first-round selections to sign. Follow all the moves right here. More ...
Wilson isn't your normal fourth-round pick. He entered his senior season at Arkansas with a lot of pre-draft hype. NFL.com's Josh Norris ranked Wilson as his top quarterback prospect after the draft process.

This isn't your typical opportunity for playing time for a fourth-round pick. It would be stunning to see Wilson open the season as a starter, but he might pass Pryor before the season's over. There is an opportunity for Wilson to get playing time as a rookie deeper in the season, whether or not that's a good idea.

Let's wait for the pads to come on and veterans to arrive before getting carried away, but Wilson's progress is a story to watch this summer.

Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

Well hope he doesn't kill us for years.

RunKC 05-13-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9559357)
Wilson will get drafted and be summoned to the bottom of his new team's depth chart.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...j-laughing.gif

O.city 05-13-2013 06:45 PM

So he's not at the bottom of the depth chart right now? Before the other veterans can even report?

Seems a bit premature heh.

O.city 05-13-2013 06:46 PM

How dare Geno fans cheer for him, he's not a Chief, yet we have a Chiefs fan cheering for a QB for the Raiders?

crazycoffey 05-13-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9679553)
So he's not at the bottom of the depth chart right now? Before the other veterans can even report?

Seems a bit premature heh.

95% of all football takes on CP are premature

RunKC 05-13-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9679555)
How dare Geno fans cheer for him, he's not a Chief, yet we have a Chiefs fan cheering for a QB for the Raiders?

I'm cheering for Alex Smith.

It's gonna suck watching him be a Raider tho.

O.city 05-13-2013 06:57 PM

Actually, I think it's good he's a Raider. In the end, he was a Petrino QB, who without him, didn't exactly look like much more than a B/U.

So if he's starting for Oakland, I see that as a good thing.