ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

luv 04-05-2009 11:55 AM

Well, just went out and rented Marley & Me and Twilight.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-05-2009 12:07 PM

Synedoche, NY

yawn...

KCChiefsMan 04-05-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5642032)

Twilight was pretty bad

KCChiefsMan 04-05-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 5634090)
Saw "I love you man" this week. It was awesome. Everybody should support a fellow Chiefs fan (Rudd) and go see this movie.

and KU Alumn :thumb:

MIAdragon 04-05-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5642032)

They filmed most of that 2 blocks from my place.

Sure-Oz 04-05-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5642521)
Twilight was pretty bad

It was dogshit, the acting etc, seemed like a teeny booper mean girls type shit movie

Jenson71 04-05-2009 06:17 PM

I saw a French film called Rififi the other night at a theater in NYC. If you all want to see a classic heist film, with a little Casablanca feel (our hero screams Bogart and there's a bit of love trangle), and don't mind reading subtitles, check this out.

banyon 04-05-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5642839)
I saw a French film called Rififi the other night at a theater in NYC. If you all want to see a classic heist film, with a little Casablanca feel (our hero screams Bogart and there's a bit of love trangle), and don't mind reading subtitles, check this out.

Rififi is cool. If you like that genre, I also recommend:

Pickpocket

Shoot the Piano Player

Le Samourai

luv 04-05-2009 07:14 PM

Marley & Me was a book, wasn't it? I want to read it now. I probably should have watched it second, due to the fact that Twilight probably won't be camparable to how great that movie was.

Frazod 04-05-2009 07:15 PM

I watched Body of Lies last night. That was excellent.

luv 04-05-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5642574)
It was dogshit, the acting etc, seemed like a teeny booper mean girls type shit movie

A friend of mine, who is like a second mom to me, told me she loved Twilight. I'm thinking True Blood meets Beverly Hills 90210, so I'll watch it with that in mind.

Sure-Oz 04-05-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5643051)
A friend of mine, who is like a second mom to me, told me she loved Twilight. I'm thinking True Blood meets Beverly Hills 90210, so I'll watch it with that in mind.

Buffy the vampire slayer it isn't for sure....you might like it if you like the book.

Buehler445 04-05-2009 08:54 PM

Watched a couple this weekend with the huge ****ing snowstorm. :cuss:

I saw 21 - excellent.
I FINALLY saw the Good Shepard. Good flick. Kinda tough to keep characters straig sometimes. But good. I like it a lot.

I saw Vantage Point. Not as good. I thought the 7 perspective thing was going to be cool. Meh. They did it. Then they didn't do anything with it. They just went on with the movie. IMO, they should have chose another hook. This just seemed gimicky and forced.

I watched Quantum of Solace that I bought a few days ago. I'd seen it in the theatres, but I think this round of Bonds kicks serious ass. Daniel Craig is one hell of an actor and has a firm command for the role. The thing I think I like about it most is that there aren't very many gadgets. A few computer technologies, but no crazy cars or rediculous gadgets. I like the series. It seems grittier. It seems like he has to try harder. I can't really put my finger on it, but it is good. More now, please.

Then I broke out Down Periscope. :D I freaking love that movie.
Posted via Mobile Device

David. 04-05-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5636583)
Just finished watching "Tell No One". Exceptional French mystery thriller that was very well acted and had a bit of a Hitchcock feel. Easily among the best in the genre in a while. Highly recommend this one.

As an aside, the actor playing the main character looks a hell of a lot like a younger Dustin Hoffman.

Yeah i just saw this recently on netflix and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Wasn't crazy about the ending, but good buildup throughout the movie and it kept me guessing what was going on the entire time.

Fire Me Boy! 04-05-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5643369)

I watched Quantum of Solace that I bought a few days ago. I'd seen it in the theatres, but I think this round of Bonds kicks serious ass. Daniel Craig is one hell of an actor and has a firm command for the role. The thing I think I like about it most is that there aren't very many gadgets. A few computer technologies, but no crazy cars or rediculous gadgets. I like the series. It seems grittier. It seems like he has to try harder. I can't really put my finger on it, but it is good. More now, please.

I'm not a fan of Quantum of Solace, but I absolutely LOVE Daniel Craig as Bond. And I think the biggest reason is this: to me, Bond was always a hired gun. He was supposed to be just a couple steps and a suit shy away from being a street thug.

I've never seen a Bond before that scared me. They were always suave and debonair. With Daniel Craig's Bond, he's the kind of guy I don't want to be in an alley with. That character is frightening to me, and I love it.