ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Chiefnj2 10-23-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9042274)
I don't want any part of Barkley. At all.

Your stuck with the draft class that is available unless you want to play the Hunt game of "wait another year."

suds79 10-23-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9042308)
I would say you read some crap from ESPN about the comments he made after the Bama game and didn't watch the interview. Wilson is the only leader on that team. They don't even have a coach. Those players love him.

I think everybody is basing this leadership question based on those comments which is extremely uninformed. I don't think any of us can pretend to know someone's leadership without being in that lockerroom.

The worse thing he said in that pressor (right after a frustrating beadown mind you) is that he felt the team gave up at times. OOOOOOh The horror. I have no problem with a QB holding guys accountable.

You want a QB who is a nice guy all the time? You have him in Matt Cassel.

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9042309)
Your stuck with the draft class that is available unless you want to play the Hunt game of "wait another year."

Yep, what if Barkley was the only one there when we pick? Do you guys want us to take him?

suds79 10-23-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9042327)
Yep, what if Barkley was the only one there when we pick? Do you guys want us to take him?

Yep.

Even though I'm not a fan, I'd rather roll the dice. Some QB is better than no QB at all.

Some really good LB isn't going to do us squat. It's all about the QB.

Brock 10-23-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Yes.

BossChief 10-23-2012 10:06 AM

The only guy out of this class that I see as better than Tannehill is Geno Smith.

I'd be ok with Barkley or Wilson, but I'm sold that either have elite upside.

Geno does.

BossChief 10-23-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

In a heartbeat

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-23-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9042274)
I don't want any part of Barkley. At all.

Will take, but DO NOT WANT.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-23-2012 10:27 AM

Poor man's Jason Campbell. Right Black Bob???

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9042431)
Poor man's Jason Campbell. Right Black Bob???

Who? That's not what I was thinking.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-23-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9042461)
Who?

I think he's more of a Cambell/McNabb/Culpepper/Russel/Smith combo though.

htismaqe 10-23-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

I would say you read some crap from ESPN about the comments he made after the Bama game and didn't watch the interview. Wilson is the only leader on that team. They don't even have a coach. Those players love him.

The Chiefs players love Romeo, too. They may love him but that doesn't make him a leader. He's not inspiring the players around him to WIN. And they've lost some games they absolutely SHOULD NOT have lost.

Quote:

Wilson reminds me of Jay Cutler. I think he is misunderstood.

Dude, how do you expect to be taken seriously?

You talk about wanting leadership, leadership, and more leadership, and then you compare Wilson to JAY ****ING CUTLER? Cutler is a whiny douchebag and the last guy you want if you're gunning for a championship.

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9042465)
I think he's more of a Cambell/McNabb/Culpepper/Russel/Smith combo though.

So what you are saying is that all black QBs are the same? That's not cool.

htismaqe 10-23-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9042309)

I think Barkley is headed for a Brady Quinn-like fall. If he's the only guy left when we pick, I'd be tempted to trade back.

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9042478)

You talk about wanting leadership, leadership, and more leadership, and then you compare Wilson to JAY ****ING CUTLER? Cutler is a whiny douchebag and the last guy you want if you're gunning for a championship.

Because the media made him out that way. Just like Wilson and that was my point. The players in Chicago respect Cutler.