ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Marcellus 12-02-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9173270)
Personally I felt like they were memorializing him. For example they filled up his locker today like he was playing.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_730.0.jpg

Yea that's way out of line. Thats damn near endorsing the shootings.

The players asked for the team to leave his locker alone. He was their friend, they are still trying to figure out WTF happened.

You apparently live in some world where everything is simply black or white and nothing ever bleeds across the lines. Thats not reality.

What Belcher did was horrific, that does not in effect make him 100% a horrific person, at least not to most people.

memyselfI 12-02-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Personally I felt like they were memorializing him. For example they filled up his locker today like he was playing.

There are no flowers. No cards. No signs. Nothing which would indicate anything other than this person was supposed to be here today.

-King- 12-02-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

So? They weren't going to take everything that had to do with Belcher down in one day. They didn't mention his name in the announcement today. They didn't make him out to be some fallen hero. So what they didn't take his locker down yet?

Hammock Parties 12-02-2012 06:01 PM

The org memorialized him privately for his family, the team.

Publicly they are not memorializing him.

They're doing it right.

-King- 12-02-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9173295)

The players asked for the team to leave his locker alone. He was their friend, they are still trying to figure out WTF happened.

You apparently live in some world where everything is simply black or white and nothing ever bleeds across the lines. Thats not reality.

What Belcher did was horrific, that does not in effect make him 100% a horrific person, at least not to most people.

This.

God of Thunder 12-02-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9173301)
The org memorialized him privately for his family, the team.

Publicly they are not memorializing him.

They're doing it right.

this.

Reaper16 12-02-2012 06:03 PM

You can read whatever you want to into that pic of Belcher's locker.

For example, I could make a case that leaving his locker untouched today is symbolic of Belcher's selfishness; that everyone else in the locker room is wearing their jersey, that the only player not wearing their jersey is the one whose selfishness prevented him from doing so; in effect, a warning.

banyon 12-02-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9173284)
I am not advocating anything. I'm saying that each person needs to deal with this as they need to. I do not think it's appropriate to project my values on another person's bereavement. Especially within the first 48 hours.

The ORGANIZATION NEEDS TO REFRAIN FROM ORGANIZED MOURNING OR HONORING OF JOVAN BELCHER.

Is that clear enough? I've said it before but perhaps not as clear as I needed to. :rolleyes:

You said the opposite before, now you distanced yourself from it, you just don't want to admit that for your own reasons. Like I said, I'm glad you have come to your senses that it wasn't the right thing to say.

banyon 12-02-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Murderers of infant mothers are horrific. I don't really care to assign a percentage to it.

It will take time for those close to him to see this for the cowardly, despicable act that it was. People who weren't close should have better sense.

memyselfI 12-02-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon (Post 9173318)
You said the opposite before, now you distanced yourself from it, you just don't want to admit that for your own reasons. Like I said, I'm glad you have come to your senses that it wasn't the right thing to say.

No, I didn't. I said the individuals can do what they want for their fallen friend and teammate. The organization should not.

banyon 12-02-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9173331)
No, I didn't. I said the individuals can do what they want for their fallen friend and teammate. The organization should not.

You said the organization should act like it's a significant loss. Not only that, but it's wrong to not treat it that way. Then you said they should "allow his friends to "honor their fallen teammate".

Here was the exact quote, since you seemed to have forgotten it:

Quote:

Likewise, I think it's wrong for them to act like Belcher's loss is insignificant. The team had a bit more than 24 hours to figure out what was the most respectful approach to all involved while still allowing his friends to honor their fallen teammate.
It's 100% wrong. Sorry.

Marcellus 12-02-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon (Post 9173330)
Murderers of infant mothers are horrific. I don't really care to assign a percentage to it.

It will take time for those close to him to see this for the cowardly, despicable act that it was. People who weren't close should have better sense.

Honesty, I didn't know the guy so I have no idea what kind of person he was. From all accounts he was a good teammate and player and was not a trouble maker in any way shape or form.

I am also smart enough to know that not everyone that has killed someone, and I mean committing murder, is or was a patently bad person.

Really it doesn't take that much IQ to understand this. Crimes of passion are not the same as being a calculated killer.

The term temporary insanity exist for a reason. I am not condoning the act, its a terrible terrible thing, but to pass judgment on him and his teammates when you really know very little of the situation is ridiculous.

dirk digler 12-02-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

I never said endorse I said memorialize.

dirk digler 12-02-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9173297)
So? They weren't going to take everything that had to do with Belcher down in one day. They didn't mention his name in the announcement today. They didn't make him out to be some fallen hero. So what they didn't take his locker down yet?

You asked I answered. It would have took all of 5 minutes to clean it out which they should have done. The guy killed one of his own teammates family members for crying out loud.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 9166520)
Jesus, what did the last banner say? Kill Pioli?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeChief (Post 9166555)
KCTV5 was running a parody song about Pioli when they broke in with the info. Kinda messed up

ROFL I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!!!