ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

milkman 02-09-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9390548)
Will we turn the keys to the franchise over to:

Someone who dominated the Big East, but couldn't win games in the Big 12? Who only beat one Big 12 team besides ISU and Kansas?

or

Someone who was quarterbacking in the NFC championship game last year and posted a 90 QB Rating?

Which sounds like the better bet?

I'm going to risk failure in the attempt to achieve excellence.

We've done safe for 30 years.
**** safe.

All safe has gotten us is mediocre to pure crap.

Red Dawg 02-09-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9388517)
The risk of spending so much draft value on someone who is not the best athlete available is very high, especially when you consider that there are veterans like Smith available. The value just isn't there.

I am so sick of hearing about value and the one pick. WE DON'T HAVE A QB! We can't afford a value based pick. WE NEED A YOUNG QB! YOU CAN'T WIN ANYTHING WITHOUT A GOOD QB. I guess we could blow off that position and look next year but what the hell is that going to accomplish? How is the problem magicaly solved next year?

Brianfo 02-09-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9390561)
I'm going to risk failure in the attempt to achieve excellence.

We've done safe for 30 years.
**** safe.

All safe has gotten us is mediocre to pure crap.

Im with you old man, but you will be throwing shiat as soon as Geno throws a pick six.

hometeam 02-09-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9390542)
Rg3 got hurt because he doesnt know when to slide, or get out of bounds. Unless Albert is unable to play anymore, we better resign him

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/3...1e2b482220.jpg

He looks alright to me.

Albert is easy to engage on twitter and seems pretty candid in general. I asked him about his back, feel free to pile on~

Tribal Warfare 02-09-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9390530)
Maybe this will convince that fat turd Zobel to move Geno up a few spots.

On IGN Zobel's known as Packerboi

O.city 02-09-2013 08:28 PM

Alex smith last year with the best team in football overall couldn't win a SB.

How was his last year that much different from Matt cassel 2008?

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9390584)
Albert is easy to engage on twitter and seems pretty candid in general. I asked him about his back, feel free to pile on~

and? what was his response?

hometeam 02-09-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9390591)
and? what was his response?

None yet. His last tweet was 4 hours ago and I just did it as i posted that.

Brianfo 02-09-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9390590)
Alex smith last year with the best team in football overall couldn't win a SB.

How was his last year that much different from Matt cassel 2008?

What??

silver5liter 02-09-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9390604)
None yet. His last tweet was 4 hours ago and I just did it as i posted that.

He's responded a while back to someone saying his back feels great

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 07:07 AM

After looking at any and all QB's people have pined for around here...It's Geno by a good margin. The idiots that say no QB stands out clearly haven't seen him play or have no clue what they are looking at.

Saccopoo 02-10-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9390524)
If the team knows more about Albert's injury than we, they may just pick Joeckel and we'll all laud them in a few years.

A rookie QB getting RG3'd behind a patchwork line is not going to get this team to the postseason.

Moron.

They just took two left tackles in last years draft. Used a second rounder on Jeff Allen and a third rounder on Don Stephenson. So you want to take another one in 2013 with another high round pick? (And yes, the revisionist regime of Peeholi wanted to turn Allen into a guard, but he was an All-Conference left tackle at Illinois for four years.)

I'm amazed that people absolutely forget who got drafted within the past several years if that player doesn't go to the Pro Bowl in his rookie season.

Let's make this perfectly clear - they don't need to draft a left tackle. They drafted two last year - both of whom saw playing time in 2012. They also signed Winston as a free agent last year. That's three tackles that they currently have on roster - in addition to David Mims, so four. And you want them to spend yet another high round pick on that same position?

It's like people wanting them to draft Lotulelei after taking Poe last year.

It's ****ing stupid.

BigMeatballDave 02-10-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9390524)
If the team knows more about Albert's injury than we, they may just pick Joeckel and we'll all laud them in a few years.

A rookie QB getting RG3'd behind a patchwork line is not going to get this team to the postseason.

:facepalm:

Saccopoo 02-10-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9390548)
Will we turn the keys to the franchise over to:

Someone who dominated the Big East, but couldn't win games in the Big 12? Who only beat one Big 12 team besides ISU and Kansas?

or

Someone who was quarterbacking in the NFC championship game last year and posted a 90 QB Rating?

Which sounds like the better bet?

For the umpteenth time, do you realize that West Virginia's defense was one of the very worst in college football last year? Do you realize that Geno led the Mountaineers to leads with less than two minutes remaining against both TCU and OU only to watch the defense lose the game?

There wasn't much more Geno could do to try and win games than what he did. I hope you realize that there is two sides to a football game and the defense has to hold up their end of the bargain as well.

And, for the record, Geno and the Mountaineers did beat two Top 25 Big 12 teams in Baylor and Texas, in addition to Iowa State and Kansas. (And you should take a closer look at what Geno did in the double overtime TCU game and the one point, last minute loss to Oklahoma, who was ranked #12 at the time and who had the #8 ranked defense in college football.)

Dumbass.

BossChief 02-10-2013 09:39 AM

Listening to sac berate another poster for talking about drafting a left tackle in the first round is a lot of fun.

Nice to have ya back, sac.