ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

Baby Lee 08-22-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15125062)
Rob Lowe has always been criminally underrated in these types of roles. I absolutely agree that Parks and Rec was probably his best work.

All time favorite Traeger moment

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a7b5...temid=12551759

2nd place

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q84nfWkLsYU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 08-22-2020 05:12 PM

In the mood for some more serious binging, so I watched the first season of Perry Mason. Grew up watching reruns of the original series with Raymond Burr in the titular role, so I was already familiar with the characters, but the names were about the only recognizable connection between the old and the new. The HBO series reminded me of Deadwood in the way that it removed the puritanical blinders and showed us an unfiltered 1930's LA. I loved it. Another great series from HBO and I can't wait to see season 2.

Also caught the pilot for Lovecraft Country, which is available on YouTube for free, and while I thought some of it was over the top, I liked it enough to watch next week.

DaneMcCloud 08-22-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15120145)
Man, Ted Lasso has no business being as good as it is. I'm glad Dane mentioned it in another thread because it reminded me to watch the last episode. Sudeikis is absolutely killing it. The only downside is the release schedule (next one is 8/21).

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I haven't had a chance to start it yet but it's next on my list and I'm really looking forward to some humor after watching Ozark.

DaneMcCloud 08-22-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15125062)
Rob Lowe has always been criminally underrated in these types of roles. I absolutely agree that Parks and Rec was probably his best work.

Long before I binged Parks & Rec, I watched Rob Lowe's Fox series, The Grinder, which I thought was absolutely brilliant.

Now that I've seen Parks & Rec, it's a virtual tie because his performances in both series are just phenomenal.

Rob Lowe's acting has grown so much since the 80's and I'd really like to see him another comedic series.

htismaqe 08-22-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15125279)
Long before I binged Parks & Rec, I watched Rob Lowe's Fox series, The Grinder, which I thought was absolutely brilliant.

Now that I've seen Parks & Rec, it's a virtual tie because his performances in both series are just phenomenal.

Rob Lowe's acting has grown so much since the 80's and I'd really like to see him another comedic series.

Hilarious. I was thinking of The Grinder when I posted that but decided not to mention it by name because I figured people would think I was insane for liking it. LOL

DaneMcCloud 08-22-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15125282)
Hilarious. I was thinking of The Grinder when I posted that but decided not to mention it by name because I figured people would think I was insane for liking it. LOL

I LOVED The Grinder because it was so absolutely ridiculous.

I still can't believe it was cancelled after one season.

htismaqe 08-22-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15125286)
I LOVED The Grinder because it was so absolutely ridiculous.

I still can't believe it was cancelled after one season.

My wife and I really enjoyed it. Sucks that it got freaking cancelled.

Baby Lee 09-04-2020 04:18 PM

I haven't seen this, so I can't vouch one way or another, but I've heard positive buzz, and it's put up free on yt. New HBO Sci-Fi series

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YIAIiw8UAfA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 09-04-2020 10:53 PM

I finally got around to the Sopranos. It was good. Definitely worth the time if you haven’t seen it.

The show definitely changed the game. Think Model T changed the game. But like the T it eventually got outrun. The newer great shows that get after it are a lot tighter. There were a lot of hours of film that really didn’t mean anything other than a look into the life of a gangster. Compare that with Perry Mason for instance where every detail in ever scene means something.

Gandolfini of course killed. Virtually everyone they got to be italian really did a great job of not making it hokey. Because there is a lot of hokey shit they do but pull it off because Italy. They do a real nice job showing the Contrast between the life Carmella lives and how that life is financed.

Of course some of the technology didn’t age well but whatever.

Last they did a great job with the food. There wasn’t a dish on there that I wouldn’t have loved to have.

sully1983 09-05-2020 03:38 PM

Love , Death & Robots is a trippy awesome show on Netflix. Would highly recommend it to stoners everywhere. The episodes are like just 10 to 15 minutes long and the animation is sick. So well done imo.

Baby Lee 09-07-2020 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15125277)
Also caught the pilot for Lovecraft Country, which is available on YouTube for free, and while I thought some of it was over the top, I liked it enough to watch next week.

Has anyone watched enough of this to comment whether it goes beyond SJW storytelling.

I'm not hating on the entire proposition, but between a spate of similar content [Watchmen, Jordan Peele] and current politics, I'm not too keen on actually BINGING more. But the concept intrigues me otherwise if it's quality storytelling.

Pitt Gorilla 09-07-2020 10:13 PM

Mythic Quest is really good. Hell, even their quarantine episode was funny.

AND I like Poppy. Like, really like Poppy.

Baby Lee 09-17-2020 03:04 PM

Promising

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZJPOla_1Px0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 09-17-2020 09:10 PM

Woah. That looks like it could work.

keg in kc 09-18-2020 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15152981)
Has anyone watched enough of this to comment whether it goes beyond SJW storytelling.

I'm not hating on the entire proposition, but between a spate of similar content [Watchmen, Jordan Peele] and current politics, I'm not too keen on actually BINGING more. But the concept intrigues me otherwise if it's quality storytelling.

It's pretty interesting in terms of mythology, but very in your face racially.

Baby Lee 09-23-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14582223)
Fleabag lives up to the hype. . . . .

This is something I avoided in earlier recommending this show, but since someone so perfectly summarized it, I figured I'd link it here.

I didn't delve into it, because it's partially spoilery. Not in terms of giving away narrative as it is in showing the form of the storytelling before you experience it firsthand. So if you haven't seen it an still crave a 'pure' experience, don't watch this. But it doesn't give away the story, and if you aren't attuned to it, it might pass right by you even as you watch.

And it really gives you an appreciation of the intentionality and creativity of the author.

<iframe width="1440" height="900" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JAD9hyXAkB0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave 09-29-2020 02:33 AM

started and finished Ratched. Very good to me but the story faltered towards the end. Hope there's a season 2 and motivated story/writers.

Paulson is exquisite.

Pitt Gorilla 09-30-2020 02:08 PM

Letterkenny
Pen15

Both on Hulu. Both a ton of fun for very different reasons.

Baby Lee 10-04-2020 12:15 AM

Looks like I initially posted this in movies, but it's a series

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15172498)
This is very exciting, great source material. A little leery of the producers, but looks to be a right romp!!

If it stays true to the book and the visuals in the trailer, imagine splitting the difference between straight historical and Tarantino gleeful revisionism. The author's take on the historical characters colors them a little more madcap than the encyclopedia.

<iframe width="1440" height="900" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wAe13u1dliA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First episode in full up on youtube

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1Q-4N7QaxT8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave 10-12-2020 11:00 PM

Finished Battlestar Galactica again and am again sad that it ended. Always one of the better series finale's too, IMO.

Baby Lee 10-31-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 14986757)
been watching the GoldBergs lately, that shit is funny. Anyone who grew up in the 80's would get a kick out of it i think. Alot of nostalgia.

That video of Mama Goldberg recreating Janet's 'Control' video for her run for City Comptroller was genius . . .

keg in kc 11-01-2020 08:54 AM

Finally finished the haunting of hill house. pretty good.

In progress on bly manor. Different but still pretty good.

Buehler445 11-05-2020 12:29 AM

I’m totally into Queens Gambit. Not normally my thing but it’s really good. Like really goddamned good. I’m 4 episodes in so we’ll see how it ends up but it’s good so far.

BigBeauford 11-05-2020 08:13 AM

Lemme just say Banshee is a real banger of a show. Almost halfway through Season 3 and it does not let up.

vailpass 11-05-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15302981)
Lemme just say Banshee is a real banger of a show. Almost halfway through Season 3 and it does not let up.

:thumb:

patteeu 11-05-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15302981)

I really liked that one. Vail mentioned it a while back (maybe not in this thread) and I’d never heard of it. Accurate description.

DrRyan 11-05-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15302732)
I’m totally into Queens Gambit. Not normally my thing but it’s really good. Like really goddamned good. I’m 4 episodes in so we’ll see how it ends up but it’s good so far.

I really enjoyed the series. There is an episode near the end that I could have totally done without but overall it was a very good watch.

TRR 11-06-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15302732)

Could be the best thing I’ve watched in 2020. So well done.

srvy 11-10-2020 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 15307738)
Could be the best thing I’ve watched in 2020. So well done.

Watched 1st episode last night and it's surprisingly good.

keg in kc 11-10-2020 10:16 PM

I started watching Black Sails on hulu, and holy cow how did I miss this show until now?

Buehler445 11-10-2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15319656)
I started watching Black Sails on hulu, and holy cow how did I miss this show until now?

There is a thread about it here somewhere. It's a good watch. It kind of gets muddled a bit later on, but definitely worth the time. There are some moments in there that are ****ing awesome.

srvy 11-11-2020 12:31 AM

Just finished up the series Queens Gambit. One of the best Netflix series I've seen in a while. I know nothing about chess but this was a well written show and understand why its Netflix no 1 show right now. Give it a try and be surprised like I was.

Buehler445 11-11-2020 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15319748)
Just finished up the series Queens Gambit. One of the best Netflix series I've seen in a while. I know nothing about chess but this was a well written show and understand why its Netflix no 1 show right now. Give it a try and be surprised like I was.

Right on.

I posted above that this wouldn’t normally be my bag. But I was invested. Hard. Couldn’t put it down. And there were some really powerful moments.

Spoiler!

vailpass 11-11-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15319755)
Right on.

I posted above that this wouldn’t normally be my bag. But I was invested. Hard. Couldn’t put it down. And there were some really powerful moments.

Spoiler!

**** I'm an idiot. I haven't seen this show, was thinking I'd like to watch it some time when I have a down day or two stuck inside. What do I do? Click the spoiler link you expressly labeled so people who hadn't seen it wouldn't have it spoiled. What is broken inside of me that makes me do things like this?

Buehler445 11-11-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15320489)
**** I'm an idiot. I haven't seen this show, was thinking I'd like to watch it some time when I have a down day or two stuck inside. What do I do? Click the spoiler link you expressly labeled so people who hadn't seen it wouldn't have it spoiled. What is broken inside of me that makes me do things like this?

ROFL

Watch it anyway. That spoiler isn’t huge in the telling of the story. Most of the story exists outside of that character.

vailpass 11-11-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15320572)
ROFL

Watch it anyway. That spoiler isn’t huge in the telling of the story. Most of the story exists outside of that character.

That's good to know then, thank you.

keg in kc 11-11-2020 05:17 PM

I did the same thing, but it's because I know I'll forget long before I watch the show.

(I could watch the show later today and probably forget)

Sorry 11-12-2020 03:35 AM

A teacher

About a female teacher grooming a high school kid.

You horny bastards will enjoy it I’m sure lol

ToxSocks 11-12-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 15150111)
Love , Death & Robots is a trippy awesome show on Netflix. Would highly recommend it to stoners everywhere. The episodes are like just 10 to 15 minutes long and the animation is sick. So well done imo.

Watched this last night after reading your post.

Man, some of those episodes are pretty ****ing awesome. I was watching it and thinking to myself, "man, Sully undersold this".

Every episode is entirely different, so while the 1st episode cracked me up, i wasn't expecting the huge shift in the second episode. I binge watched it all (not that it was hard to do at 10-15min an episode) and was straight up stuck on it.

The episodes, while short, were for the most part captivating. Excellent story telling. The artwork/animation was unique in every episode and nearly all of them were just amazing pieces of animated art.

If you're into:

Animated shorts
Gorgeous animations and CGI
Tits and ass
Strip shows
Monsters
Sci-fi/space
Gore
Humor
Horror
War
Psychedelic mind ****ing....

Then this is the series for you!

Do NOT watch with children. There's tits/ass/pussy/dicks in damn near every episode.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wUFwunMKa4E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass 11-13-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15320572)
ROFL

I hit the bars with the boys last night and was in a Netflix and chill mood this morning. Watched this. It’s the best show I’ve seen in a while. Everything about it was good from start to finish.

Kopinto 11-16-2020 05:34 PM

I vote for the Game of Thrones, Sherlock and Breaking Bad. TGoT would be a sheer masterpiece if they had shot a normal season finale.

Baby Lee 11-17-2020 04:06 AM

Who's gonna give Big Sky a shot. Not a whole lot to look forward to on network, but this has promise. David E Kelley, adapting what I understand is a popular novel, . . . sex trafficking, open road America with its promise and danger, detective work, vigilante justice.

Could turn out a turd, but I've seen decent buzz

<iframe width="740" height="416" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uJg7ikuWB5I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 11-17-2020 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15330973)
Who's gonna give Big Sky a shot. Not a whole lot to look forward to on network, but this has promise. David E Kelley, adapting what I understand is a popular novel, . . . sex trafficking, open road America with its promise and danger, detective work, vigilante justice.

Could turn out a turd, but I've seen decent buzz

<iframe width="740" height="416" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uJg7ikuWB5I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’m not sure I trust network to not water it down and make it lowest common denominator garbage.

KCUnited 12-05-2020 07:07 PM

The Undoing on HBO

Matilda De Angelis

OMFG

Baby Lee 12-05-2020 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15372513)
The Undoing on HBO

Matilda De Angelis

OMFG

Stop, you'll regret not stopping.

Though she is blazing hot.

Baby Lee 12-05-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15330990)
I’m not sure I trust network to not water it down and make it lowest common denominator garbage.

Plus one for John Deere wisdom.

It's not horrible, but it's LCD broadcast material for sure.

Baby Lee 12-05-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14170707)
The two shows I'm currently must-watching are Seal Team and . . .

Speaking of broadcast, Seal Team was back with an absolute homerun.

I mean, it paused for its messaging and soliloquoys as you might expect, but the action and narrative to the 2-part 'premiere'* was on par with most movies you get these days. I won't spoil it, but it caught my breath and jerked a tear or two. Very good.

* - reserving judgement on the season to come, because that premiere was initially the 2-part finale of last season that got kicked due to lockdowns. Lots of changes for the season to come, but fingers crossed for quality.

Also, Boreanaz is starting to close in on some all-time records for time as a broadcast television lead, between Buffy, Angel, Bones and Seal Team, he's been on the marquee since the mid/late 90s.

Buehler445 12-05-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15372536)
Plus one for John Deere wisdom.

It's not horrible, but it's LCD broadcast material for sure.

LOL. Figured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15372542)

I mean, it paused for its messaging and soliloquoys as you might expect, but the action and narrative to the 2-part 'premiere'* was on par with most movies you get these days. I won't spoil it, but it caught my breath and jerked a tear or two. Very good.

* - reserving judgement on the season to come, because that premiere was initially the 2-part finale of last season that got kicked due to lockdowns. Lots of changes for the season to come, but fingers crossed for quality.

Also, Boreanaz is starting to close in on some all-time records for time as a broadcast television lead, between Buffy, Angel, Bones and Seal Team, he's been on the marquee since the mid/late 90s.

So seal team is worth watching? I might have to give it a binge.

Baby Lee 12-05-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15372657)
LOL. Figured.

So seal team is worth watching? I might have to give it a binge.

It's a good deal better than I expected, mostly because it enjoys close coordination which makes the procedures fairly on-point and the big set pieces well equipped [they've gotten cover from actual A-10s and one episode had a team ex-fill from a mountaintop by carabiners attached to a Blackhawk guy rope].

They have to inject drama and politics [ie, chain of command, VA support, funding, . . . not 'politics politics' pers se], but it stays in the mindset of the team, so you're at least getting it from their perspective. And they have to get more funding somewhere, so there is occasional product placement. But otherwise one of the highlights of broadcast TV right now.

srvy 12-05-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15372542)

I never miss the SEAL Team it's a good show. That first hour of the season premiere was supposed to end season 3 last year but COVID shut the set down. The whole first hour seemed like a season ending cliffhanger. You will also see where the snow in Big Bear had melted off in some scenes that were added in.

Women are even nuts for that show because of Boreanaz and the war dog Cerberus.

My two favorite episodes are still from season 2 and 3. When the old retired SEAL Swanny with PTSD that Clay was trying to get help blew his heart out in his truck in the VA parking lot.

And season 3 "Say your last"episode where Bravo team's old former team leader Master Chief Adam Sievers fills in for Bravo1. He saves the lives of his teammates by falling on a grenade allowing the team to go on and with a mission to save the hostages in the university. The team flying with the body of the team leader and flashing back to the team walking the body in a bag into the infirmary past the saved hostages and looks on their faces. All while Dire straights Brothers in Arms plays is emotional. The reciting of the SEAL creed was a bit corny though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oU59iYe0vFg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited 12-06-2020 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15372533)
Stop, you'll regret not stopping.

Though she is blazing hot.

That nursing baby walking into every room for the rest of its life

https://i.imgur.com/iydMoz4.jpg?1

Pitt Gorilla 12-09-2020 01:05 AM

Season 2 of Pen 15 was really good.

Baby Lee 12-10-2020 07:53 PM

Has anyone been watching The Flight Attendant?

It's a little haphazard, but it's stylish and manic and engaging. One of those reveal of the week international intrigue narratives.

And Kaley Cuoco and Zosia Mamet [don't @ me] are pleasant to watch, and are clearly working hard to establish themselves beyond silly sitcom actors.

Basically, boozy party-girl flight attendant wakes up on an overseas trip in a hotel bed with a dead guy, and it freaks her out not only for the obvious reasons but for the effect it has on her efforts to deal with past trauma in her life. And the series thus far is a manic, inebriated, whirlwind effort to figure out what the eff is going on while avoiding danger inside and outside the law.

Nothing overly amazing, but breezy and largely a pleasant distraction

<iframe width="634" height="357" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OP_WC5oOCe8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni 12-10-2020 08:00 PM

Nope

crayzkirk 12-16-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15372513)
The Undoing on HBO

Matilda De Angelis

OMFG

It was good, IMO.

Could have use more nudes of Matilda...

In58men 12-28-2020 02:14 PM

If you’re not watching The Queens Gambit you’re missing out.

Great show!

Buehler445 12-28-2020 02:18 PM

Yeah there is a pretty good thread about it here. I didn't expect to like it but it had me. ****ing good stuff.

In58men 12-28-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15429078)
Yeah there is a pretty good thread about it here. I didn't expect to like it but it had me. ****ing good stuff.

I didn’t see the thread, my bad. I absolutely love chess, so I was hooked rather quickly lol.

Even got the wife to play a few games with me.

In58men 12-28-2020 03:23 PM

Has anybody watched Designated Survivor?

If so, thoughts?

Buehler445 12-28-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 15429219)

If so, thoughts?

Solid.

There is a couple disney moments in there, but overall it was a good watch for me.

Definitely recommend.

GloucesterChief 12-30-2020 12:06 AM

Just rewatched Black Lagoon.

It was Breaking Bad before Breaking Bad as mild mannered salaryman Rock is written off by his company and falls in with a group of mercenaries\pirates in the hive of scum and villainy in Roanapur, Thailand and is slowly corrupted by it.

It is part exercise in philosophy, part Tarantino, and part 80s-90s action movie.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mmRgU2ltK30" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 12-30-2020 02:21 PM

It's a series in that it airs once every year, and it's must-watch because it's become one of my favorite year-end things over time. So rather than bothering with a new thread, just put it here

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TS3ZmLjXdg0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod 12-30-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15429290)
Solid.

There is a couple disney moments in there, but overall it was a good watch for me.

Definitely recommend.

The first season was pretty good. Unfortunately, the second season devolved into West Wing for Dummies. It was awful.

Buehler445 12-30-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15433222)
The first season was pretty good. Unfortunately, the second season devolved into West Wing for Dummies. It was awful.

Netflix picked up the third season and it is better.

Frazod 12-30-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15433232)
Netflix picked up the third season and it is better.

It would pretty much have to be. That episode where they were supposed to be in Cuba is one of the lamest things I've ever seen on TV. I quit watching after that.

Nickhead 12-30-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 15429219)

If so, thoughts?

it turned to a total shit show after about the 18th episode of season 1 :thumb:

BigBeauford 01-20-2021 01:18 PM

My dudes, VEEP is one of the best mean spirited comedies I have seen. It's a must watch for those who love Always Sunny or Arrested Development.

vailpass 01-20-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15494174)
My dudes, VEEP is one of the best mean spirited comedies I have seen. It's a must watch for those who love Always Sunny or Arrested Development.

Indeed. Especially the first two or three seasons.

BigBeauford 01-20-2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15494891)
Indeed. Especially the first two or three seasons.

Jolly Green Jizz-Face is now part of my vocabulary.

Baby Lee 01-29-2021 01:33 PM

Resident Alien off to a decent start, quirky, easily digestible fluff.

Twin Peaks, except not so creepy. . . Northern Exposure, except actual aliens instead of displaced urbanites. And just a bit of cold war sci-fi matinee/Twilight Zone.

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6db1TOO9H1w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lwardo9 01-30-2021 04:58 AM

i was really surprised in the last kingdom. mostly true stories of start of england trying to fend off danes. great acting and all real sets. plus no magic/fantasy.

Buehler445 01-30-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwardo9 (Post 15518441)
i was really surprised in the last kingdom. mostly true stories of start of england trying to fend off danes. great acting and all real sets. plus no magic/fantasy.

Real is a stretch.

I like the show and watch it when they drop a new season but outside of a few names it USA work of fiction.

RockChalk 01-31-2021 07:43 PM

Anyone watch Night Stalker on Netflix? Only 4 episodes but if you’re into the true crime stuff, it’s a good one. The 2 Detectives are fantastic in it.

KCUnited 02-01-2021 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 15520753)
Anyone watch Night Stalker on Netflix? Only 4 episodes but if you’re into the true crime stuff, it’s a good one. The 2 Detectives are fantastic in it.

Started watching it last night and can confirm its well done. I was leery due to the oversaturation of the Zodiac Killer features over the years but this one is fresh for me.

From diddling kids to raping the elderly. Truly disturbing.

Cheater5 02-01-2021 08:19 AM

I enjoyed the Night Stalker limited series, and would like to see other cases that those two detectives might have worked. They have incredible recall for events that happened 35-40 years ago, and the excruciating attention to detail on the seemingly unimportant evidence was really interesting (Avia shoes, for example).

This show (Night Stalker) makes me miss the Mindhunter series, which now seems to be dead in the water. I'd really like to see where they go with BTK, Bundy, and maybe even Richard Ramirez.

lwardo9 02-01-2021 10:09 AM

I wouldn't say MUST WATCH but damn good watch and 'way better than I was expecting watch' was Last Kingdom on netflix. Close to real history of the start of England and what the game plan was over there after romans left and before the norman conquest. all a bit nutty. battles were decent!

Buehler445 02-01-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwardo9 (Post 15521236)
I wouldn't say MUST WATCH but damn good watch and 'way better than I was expecting watch' was Last Kingdom on netflix. Close to real history of the start of England and what the game plan was over there after romans left and before the norman conquest. all a bit nutty. battles were decent!

I've went to bat for the Last Kingdom, but it's not close to real history. I'm on wax as liking it, but realism isn't it.

KCUnited 02-11-2021 08:02 PM

I’m one episode in on 30 Coins on HBO (Europe?) and it’s pretty amazing. ****ed up religious themed super natural Twilight Zone/Lovecraft-ish series with a Telemundo vibe (Megan Montaner poured into them pants). It’s filmed well with a great horror/thriller score. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

SAGA45 02-17-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15517437)
Resident Alien off to a decent start, quirky, easily digestible fluff.

Twin Peaks, except not so creepy. . . Northern Exposure, except actual aliens instead of displaced urbanites. And just a bit of cold war sci-fi matinee/Twilight Zone.

I'm enjoying it! Love the Sheriff and Deputy....some spinoff potential there.

Baby Lee 02-18-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 15553388)
I'm enjoying it! Love the Sheriff and Deputy....some spinoff potential there.

And I'm enjoying the amount of Alice Wetterlund in it, too.