ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weather Joplin virtually destroyed by tornado (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245402)

J Diddy 05-26-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7664441)
Why would they protest the President of our country coming to a devasted area of our country?

The memorial is on sunday

MOhillbilly 05-26-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7664684)
Oh. Thanks.

whole wad?

Lzen 05-26-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7664673)
I am thinking the same thing. They're nothing more than political activists masquerading as a church. They crave the attention. Part of me has to think that they'd have sense enough not to make a scene in Joplin. Hundreds dead, destruction, etc, and they weren't soldiers who died at war or by some psycho on a shooting spree. I don't know that they would show up simply because the President is there. What's to protest about a tornado?

Those people will protest anything. They don't need a good reason. They will tie anything and anyone to being pillowbiters (their term, not mine).

Lzen 05-26-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 7664726)
Sam Bradford showed up with the Red Cross on MSSU's campus today.

That's awesome. :thumb:

RNR 05-26-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 7664755)
whole wad?

I told him it was to make it worth your time ;)

gblowfish 05-26-2011 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First person on the official Joplin missing list found, she's fine, and so is her kitty:

First person on Joplin missing list found alive
AP

Sally Adams holds her cat Callie after she was found in her devastated Joplin, Mo. home Thursday, May 26, 2011.

By NOMAAN MERCHANT and JIM SALTER, Associated Press Nomaan Merchant And Jim Salter, Associated Press

JOPLIN, Mo. – As emergency workers in Joplin searched Thursday for more than 230 people listed as missing after a tornado tore through the city, one was sitting in a wooden chair outside the wreckage of her home, cuddling her cat.

Sally Adams, 75, said neighbors rescued her Sunday after the storm destroyed her house and took her to a friend's home. When The Associated Press told Adams she was on the missing list, she laughed and said "Get me off of there!"

Missouri officials had said they believed many of the missing were safe and alive but simply hadn't been in touch with friends and family. When they released the list of 232 names Thursday morning, they urged survivors to check in. Cell phone service in the city remains spotty.

Adams said she lost her phone in the storm and had no way of contacting her family to let them know she was OK. She was placed on the missing list after relatives called a hot line and posted Facebook messages saying she was missing.

Adams' son, Bill Adams, said he told authorities his mother was alive after he learned she was safe, yet she remained on their unaccounted-for list Thursday afternoon.

Mike O'Connell, spokesman for the Missouri Department of Public Safety, said he wouldn't call Adams' listing a mistake and he said finding her is "a good thing." He urged other survivors to check the list and call if they see their names.

The Associated Press found nine of the missing. Two, Mike and Betty Salzer, were at a hotel being used by visiting journalists.

"Well, for Heaven's sakes," Betty Salzer, 74, said when the AP showed her the list.

The couple have been staying at the hotel since their home was destroyed Sunday. Betty Salzer said the couple's names might have come from a Facebook message her daughter posted before they reached her Monday morning.

Carthage resident Brenda Lombard told The Associated Press that six of her relatives on the list were safe and staying with friends. She said she was worried after the storm, but she talked to her nephew, Allen Merritt, 26, on Wednesday, and he, his wife, mother and three children are all safe.

She suspected a cousin who is a firefighter placed the family on the missing list after driving by her sister's house and seeing it demolished.

"They were back yesterday looking through the debris," Lombard said. "Allen keeps saying, `Man that was scary. It was sucking my baby up.'"

He rescued his 3-year-old daughter by pulling her under a bed and covering her with his body.

Not all of the stories of the missing will end so well. The tornado killed 125 people, and some of their families waited Thursday for their remains to be released. One victim's funeral was scheduled for Friday morning in Galena, Kan., and other services were scheduled for the weekend.

But some of the bodies have yet to be identified. Andrea Spillars, deputy director and general counsel of the Missouri Department of Public Safety, said officials know some of the people unaccounted for are dead, but she wouldn't say how many or when the names of the deceased would be released.

One example of the potential overlap: 12 residents of the Greenbriar Nursing Home are on the list. But nursing home administrators reported earlier that 11 people died in the tornado; only one was known missing.

One of the 12 is Dorothy Hartman, an Alzheimer's patient. Pamela McBroom, 49, who lives near the nursing home, said one of her daughters used to work there, developed a soft spot for Hartman and introduced them. Hartman was frail "but very positive and full of life," she said.

McBroom said she and her 16-year-old daughter were hiding in a closet when the tornado tore their walls and roof away. Her walls gone, McBroom could see the mayhem at Greenbriar.

"I could see people flying out of the nursing home by my house," McBroom said. "I could hear them screaming. Just screaming. It was horrible."

It wasn't known Thursday what happened to Hartman. Nursing home officials haven't said whether she was one of the 11 killed.

Donger 05-26-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 7664755)
whole wad?

Sure. I'm leaving the country tomorrow, however. Won't be back for a while.

luv 05-26-2011 03:46 PM

http://www.godhatesf*gs.com/schedule.html

(substitute a for the *)
(sorry for the language filter bypass)

Joplin is not currently on the schedule. Reading through these though (all high school graduations) is jaw dropping. Could they be more insulting if they tried?

An exert:

Quote:

WBC to picket the high school graduation at Lawrence High School. The only hope these kids have is for us to come to their school and show them some truth for once in their miserable lives. The parents, teachers, preachers, and leaders of this God forsaken land have raised a group of brats and brutes. These children think that the world owes them something just because they are breathing! That is your fault. You failed in your Deuteronomy 6 duty to teach these children the commandments of God and what is required of them in this life. Namely obedience. Obedience to those that rule over them and most importantly obedience to God. You have left it up to the faithful servants of WBC to show them this standard. When they don't listen, that will be on your hands as well.

luv 05-26-2011 03:48 PM

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=462037

Pretty cool shirt.

http://ozarksfirst.com/images/Multi_...8a/220x165.jpg

MOhillbilly 05-26-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7664866)
Sure. I'm leaving the country tomorrow, however. Won't be back for a while.

they dont have internet in whatever 3rd world countries you plan to travel to?

gblowfish 05-26-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7664885)

I bought one. happy to help in this manner.

Donger 05-26-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 7664893)
they dont have internet in whatever 3rd world countries you plan to travel to?

Yes, there is Internet access, but I have no intention of using it. I will be otherwise occupied.

Bob Dole 05-26-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

In. If this keeps going on, Bob Dole is going to have a whole new t-shirt wardrobe.

kysirsoze 05-26-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 7664910)
In. If this keeps going on, Bob Dole is going to have a whole new t-shirt wardrobe.

I got one. I gelt a little strange getting a t-shirt that commemorates such a tragedy, but I figure if I wear it a few times in the coming months it will help remind myself and people that see me that the people of Joplin still need help, even if CNN has moved on.

Tribal Warfare 05-26-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat (Post 7664429)
Yea, I've heard they plan to be here this weekend.

they better not even think about it, just sayin.trigger fingers will be itchy

DeezNutz 05-26-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Thanks for posting this.

Marcellus 05-26-2011 08:31 PM

www.restorejoplin.com

Another shirt option.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-26-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7664881)
http://www.godhatesf*gs.com/schedule.html

(substitute a for the *)
(sorry for the language filter bypass)

Joplin is not currently on the schedule. Reading through these though (all high school graduations) is jaw dropping. Could they be more insulting if they tried?

An exert:

Wow. Has anyone listened to their reeruned "parody" songs on their website? Holy shit. LMAO

ClevelandBronco 05-26-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7665138)
Wow. Has anyone listened to their reeruned "parody" songs on their website? Holy shit. LMAO

Literally summed them up in two words.

KingPriest2 05-26-2011 09:19 PM

This is confirmed

There were patients from St Johns found in the wreckage at Home Depot They arent announcing it

Also heard this tonite a 5 year old girl was with her father after the tornado hit they lost everything (this was at Home Depot) The girl saw a "baby doll" went over to pick it up and it was a baby They havent mentioned this but the top floor of St Johns was the maternity ward.

dj56dt58 05-26-2011 09:31 PM

Thanks to Matt Cassell and Johnny Baldwin for helping the cleanup efforts in Joplin today.

Brock 05-26-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2 (Post 7665242)
This is confirmed

There were patients from St Johns found in the wreckage at Home Depot They arent announcing it

Also heard this tonite a 5 year old girl was with her father after the tornado hit they lost everything (this was at Home Depot) The girl saw a "baby doll" went over to pick it up and it was a baby They havent mentioned this but the top floor of St Johns was the maternity ward.

This makes me very sad.

kysirsoze 05-26-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

This is confirmed

Good Lord.

Frazod 05-26-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

This is confirmed

****. I just.... ****. :(

Dante84 05-26-2011 10:17 PM

How far apart are St. Johns and Home Depot?

Mr. Flopnuts 05-26-2011 10:22 PM

Jesus.

J Diddy 05-26-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 7665378)
How far apart are St. Johns and Home Depot?

Across town, about 4 or 5 miles

BigMeatballDave 05-26-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

This is confirmed

:( So sad.

|Zach| 05-26-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

This is confirmed

Confirmed from where?

This just sounds like one of those stories that pops out of stuff like this that is not true.

|Zach| 05-26-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7664312)
Do you still have to check in?

Nope.

J Diddy 05-26-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7665509)
Confirmed from where?

This just sounds like one of those stories that pops out of stuff like this that is not true.

Kind of what I thought as well, but hey.

Dartgod 05-27-2011 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7665509)
Confirmed from where?

Yeah, I hope it's not true and if it is it's very sad.

But, this sounds too much like those virus hoax emails.

"Microsoft and AOL have confirmed that this is the worse virus ever and it will melt your hard drive. This has been confirmed on Snopes!"

Los Pollos Hermanos 05-27-2011 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 7664104)
That is a great question. Joplin is close to Kansas, maybe dump it some place west of Pittsburg?

Hey now, that's where the maphia from Frontenac dump their dead bodies. Think of someplace else.

Alton deFlat 05-27-2011 06:29 AM

I drove down Main last night north to south.... on the way home from work. First time since the tornado. It's sad, but I told my wife as we were driving along, that I couldn't even remember what was there before the tornado. We were probably around 24th or 25th. You take so much for granted.

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, it dawned on me what I didn't see. El Vaquero mexican restaurant (which I loved), Arby's, Daylight Donut, and I know there were several homes in there.

Alton deFlat 05-27-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 7665652)
Hey now, that's where the maphia from Frontenac dump their dead bodies. Think of someplace else.

SHHHHH!!!!

J Diddy 05-27-2011 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat (Post 7665660)
I drove down Main last night north to south.... on the way home from work. First time since the tornado. It's sad, but I told my wife as we were driving along, that I couldn't even remember what was there before the tornado. We were probably around 24th or 25th. You take so much for granted.

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, it dawned on me what I didn't see. El Vaquero mexican restaurant (which I loved), Arby's, Daylight Donut, and I know there were several homes in there.

I know. It's amazing how you can live in a town virtually your whole life, get in the center, and be totally lost, with no sense of direction.

speaking of which, how are you and yours holding up?

KCFalcon59 05-27-2011 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 7665652)

Is the maphia the gay division of the Italian Mafia????? NTTAWWT.

Hammock Parties 05-27-2011 06:48 AM

http://i.imgur.com/IvEl4.gif

NewChief 05-27-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7665677)

The crazy thing is that the driver of the semi survived.

Alton deFlat 05-27-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherLover (Post 7665666)
I know. It's amazing how you can live in a town virtually your whole life, get in the center, and be totally lost, with no sense of direction.

speaking of which, how are you and yours holding up?

We're fine. I just feel so bad for those affected. There may be 50,000 that live in Joplin, but it's small enough, that just about everyone has a loved one that was personally impacted by the tornado, or knows someone that was.

I'm glad I didn't know the severity of the tornado, as it was happening. If I had, I would have been shittin bricks. My neighbor was in our basement, and he had a scanner, so we could hear the LEOs and their frantic calls on the radio, but it still didn't register until I saw the damage.

How are you doing?

J Diddy 05-27-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat (Post 7665681)
We're fine. I just feel so bad for those affected. There may be 50,000 that live in Joplin, but it's small enough, that just about everyone has a loved one that was personally impacted by the tornado, or knows someone that was.

I'm glad I didn't know the severity of the tornado, as it was happening. If I had, I would have been shittin bricks. My neighbor was in our basement, and he had a scanner, so we could hear the LEOs and their frantic calls on the radio, but it still didn't register until I saw the damage.

How are you doing?

I'm alright. Certainly not going to complain, compared to what others have lost.

luv 05-27-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

This is confirmed

Hope this isn't true, but, from what I'm hearing from people who have gone up is that there are a lot of people who have died that haven't officially been counted yet due to not being identified.

phisherman 05-27-2011 07:44 AM

A friend of mine wrote this after volunteering down in Joplin for a few days. He has quite a way with words and I thought it deserved to be read by more people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOPLIN - Unedited impressions and notes.
by Daniel Loomis on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 11:31am

"I'm here to identify my wife." says an elderly man covered in dirt and blood. "Where do I go to claim her body?"

"Go up to Missing Persons and they can help you." I point the man up the hill and he drives away.

The skies were dark and word was being passed around that new storms were on the way. There were rumors that it would be more tornadoes but no one wanted to think about what that could mean. Silently, everyone just wanted to know where to go in case a tornado did come. It turns out that basements are a one-time only tornado shelter after that you have to find a new place to hide. In the case of Joplin, no one felt safe anywhere. How could anyone feel safe from a tornado after they have just seen six miles of what one determined tornado can do? Interior room of the house? Bullshit. I just saw the interior room of the house two miles away from the house it used to be in. It was wrapped around a tree with two cars smashed on top of it.

Joplin is a survivor's tale with thousands of people on "The Pile" trying to gather up of what they could find of the lives before they could begin to think about what had actually happened to them. Pets were gone. Photos. Clothes. Wives. Horror stories on every corner. The faces on The Pile telling you all you need to know.

"My mother died over there." says a man on The Pile. It's considerably easier to say that then to think of what actually happened to her. They found her "there" but she lived for many years 300 feet away and spent the last few moments of her life in a horrifying move to where they found her. No one dares to think what happened to her or how awful those last few moments were for her. It's easier to just hang your head and say, "I'm sorry." Give the man a hug if he will take it and keep on walking down The Pile.

Everyone has a story to tell. There is blood drying on their arms and faces, but no tears. Not yet. First they need to find what few pieces of their life they can. It gives them something to do. They are focused. No one here cares about American Idol. No one is talking about box scores or politics. Concern for the rest of the world ends at The Pile's edge.

Each item they find is precious. Each item has a story they like to share with you. "This used to be the Star we put on our Christmas tree each year. It's junk now." and with that, a woman throws the damaged ornament back on The Pile. "Keep it" says her mother, who quickly picks it up and tries to clean it off. No one likes to abandon great memories, even if we take them for granted most of the time. Even with a thick coating of mud, each item they find has a luster that mother nature can't take away. The star gets wiped off and put in on a cart with other salvaged items.

Rumors fly around about the number of dead: 300? 400? More than a 1000? Bodies keep showing up and the list of names of the missing keeps getting longer. Who do you ask for help? Where do you turn for answers? How do you reach people? Phones don't work. People don't know the numbers to call because they "were in the phone." There is no internet. Who can help me?... Who? The list of missing is very long.

Houses made of stone do not fall. Nor do they allow debris to get inside. The Pile is a billboard for building stone houses. The rest of the world uses balsa wood and brittle bricks to build houses, but the stones are a testament to geological engineering. Every stone house we pass is missing the roof but the walls are still standing.

The debris field flows to the east and large piles of destruction have gathered on the West side of stalwart trees and the walls made of stone. Rescue crews peel back layers of debris like an onion and with each layer comes the thought that maybe someone could be found alive. Your heart races but more often than not, you find a torn up teddy bear or a dog collar. A marching band uniform. A cowboy hat. A photo album. A piece of a car. And so it goes, pile after pile. Layer after layer.

I hear stories of babies being pulled out of the hospital windows by the tornado. No one has found them, or any of the other patients. You hear this and you realize that you may find one of those new born babies. I don't want to find one. I don't want to find the parts of one, or the whole of one. I don't know if this blinds me or defines my humanity. I don't know if I have the capacity to do this at all.

The volunteer center is at a junior college on the north side of town. A few miles away from The Pile. There is a long line of cars trying to deliver anything and everything to the cause. The cars have have license plates from Wisconsin, Texas, Nevada, Kansas, Georgia. They are people with various skills who felt a strong need to help: Police, Medics, Doctors, The Humane Society, Men on Horses, Men on quads, Semis full of water, Men with grills, People with dog food, cat food, diapers, batteries, water, pillows, toys, clothes. Everyone comes. People who would normally find reasons to stay away from each other are willing to come here and help people they don't know. But there are other people here, People with cars with no tops, no windows, or doors. They are covered in blood and mud. They ask humbly, "Is this where I come for food?" "I'm looking for my dog. Is this where I come to find my dog?"

First impressions are everything.

frankotank 05-27-2011 07:44 AM

hey, sorry if this is a repost. this is sickeningly amazing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ouri-town.html

Reerun_KC 05-27-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/image...s/viewpost.gif
That is a great question. Joplin is close to Kansas, maybe dump it some place west of Pittsburg?

Yeah this has to be one of the stupidest things ever posted here... I am sure my cousins and nieces whom are medic's and RN's from Parsons KS really feel the same way when they have been recovering bodies for 5 days now...

Jesus some of the stuff people say in times like this are just ****ing amazing...

Alton deFlat 05-27-2011 09:13 AM

http://www.mercy.net/joplin/stories-of-mercy/45-seconds

DMAC 05-27-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat (Post 7665845)

luv 05-27-2011 09:21 AM

http://www.mo.gov/05222011joplintorn...=joplintornado

Contains a link to unaccounted for individuals, etc.

luv 05-27-2011 09:46 AM

KOLR10 and KSFX on facebook:
Missouri DPS reports the 232 missing in #Joplin is down to 156 today. 6 on the list yesterday are now confirmed dead. 2 were duplicates, 22 new missing persons reports filed since yesterday for a net change of 76. Details coming up on KOLR10 News at Midday

siberian khatru 05-27-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 7665728)

Mind-boggling.

johnny961 05-27-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 7665728)

Wow. Unbeleivable.

Tribal Warfare 05-27-2011 10:04 AM

****!!!!!!!!!!My former Spanish instructor at MSSU is still on the unaccounted list

Alton deFlat 05-27-2011 10:07 AM

I see one on the list that is deceased, but isn't marked as such.

Dartgod 05-27-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 7665727)
A friend of mine wrote this after volunteering down in Joplin for a few days. He has quite a way with words and I thought it deserved to be read by more people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat (Post 7665845)

Wow. Both excellently written stories, but so difficult to read. I had to stop in the middle of both of them to ....uh, deal with my allergies, yeah.

I don't think any of us are able to comprehend the shear power and destruction that this tornado created. Only those that lived through it will ever know.

luv 05-27-2011 10:33 AM

I picked a bad weekend to move.

1. It's a popular weekend for moving.
2. With the tornado in Joplin, a lot of people are nabbing up boxes from grocery stores and such to box stuff up to take down.

J Diddy 05-27-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7665863)
http://www.mo.gov/05222011joplintorn...=joplintornado

Contains a link to unaccounted for individuals, etc.

Is it possible for someone to cut and paste this list. Possiblu in a new thread. I can't open this and have no other access to it.

gblowfish 05-27-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherLover (Post 7666025)
Is it possible for someone to cut and paste this list. Possiblu in a new thread. I can't open this and have no other access to it.

Here's a try:

Last Name First Name Address DOB
Unaccounted
For
Reported
Located
Confirmed
Deceased
1 Adams Sally 2015 Delaware 1
2 Albright Dennis 1018 Joplin St., Galena, Ks 10/22/58 1
3 Alvares Jose 1
4 Alvares Torres Maria 1
5 Anderson William 1
6 Anderson Barbara Greenbriar Nursing Home 1
7 Anderson Sara 1118 26th St., Joplin 1
8 Aquino Grace 2639 E. 5th St., Joplin, MO 10/06/64 1
9 Arnold Billy 2005 S. Moffit 1
10 Ash Emma Greenbriar Nursing Home 1
11 Ash Ed Greenbriar Nursing Home 1
12 Babella Delores Nursing Home, Joplin Healthcare 03/12/30 1
13 Baker Joanne 1902 Kansas Ave 1
14 Baker Robert 04/23/57 1
15 Ballew Deborah 1
16 Bateson Robert 2118 Connecticut Point Apt 7A 04/0/1965 1
17 Bell Dorothey 2620 S. Jackson 10/15/22 1
18 Bentley Patrick 2417 Montana Place, Joplin, MO 1
19 Bloomquist Mattie 2205 Illinois 1
20 Bloomquist Milfred 2205 Illinois 11/17/41 1
21 Bloxham Regina 4407 Grace Lane 08/09/55 1
22 Boyd Jeffrey 1
23 Boyd Delma 1
24 Boyd Joe 25 & Iowa 1
25 Boyd Barbara 2502 S. Moffit Apt. 16 1
26 Bradfield Lathe 3132 N. Lone Elm Ave 04/23/27 1
27 Bridgeford Ramona 104 Leisure Lane, Seneca 02/18/34 1
28 Brown Leo 2555 E. 13th 1
29 Burk Lewis 05/08/59 1
30 Buttram Hugh 1
31 Campbell Tami 26th and Bird 1
32 Carmona Moses 2424 Ozark 1
33 Carmona Arriyinnah 2424 Ozark 1
34 Caton Shante 19th Street Connecticut 1
35 Chew Helen Hwy C past Readingsmill 1
36 Clark Josephine 2018 Empire 1
37 Coleman Clyde 102 E. 22nd, Saline, Ks 07/16/40 1
38 Collins Carolane 28340 FR1218 Eaglerock 05/09/49 1
39 Comfort Lois 602 S. Hall 01/27/45 1
40 Conger Keenan 2516 Empire 04/12/62 1
41 Cook Ken 2127 South Peterson Ave 07/12/34 1
42 Cooley Brad 1
43 Cox Tonia 1
44 Crook Gary 2625 E Marquardt 1
45 Crossley Malisa 1
46 Culp David 1
47 Curtner Tammy 2528 S. Empire 1
48 Curtner Billy 2528 S. Empire 1
49 Daniel Larry Greenbriar 06/19/49 1
50 Darnaby Adam 05/26/83 1
51 Dawson Patricia 2134 Dooley St. 1
52 Dennison Gregory 10/13/60 1
53 Douthitt Nancy Greenbriar Nursing Home 09/05/16 1
54 Doyle Ellen 1235 Montana Place 11/29/35 1
55 Dubios Alice 2223 Missouri Ave. 1
56 Dunn Faith 1
57 Eastwood/Pryor Amanda Greenbriar Nursing Home 1
58 Ellsworth Cora 2010 Grant Apt E2, Baxter Springs, KS 08/26/40 1
59 Elmore Richard 11/04/40 1
60 England Randy 1
61 Evssler Frank 2315 S. Picker Ave 1
62 Farris Jleesha 1930 E. 20th, Aot. E8 08/29/48 1
63 Finley Ida Greenbriar Nursing Home 1
64 Fisher Betty 902 W. 26th 01/27/25 1
65 Fitzgerald Robert 2702 S. Connecticut 12/22/49 1
66 Fox Rick 2304 Iowa, Joplin, MO 1
67 Frost Mosha 20 & Connecticut, Buidg. F 07/01/78 1
68 Frost Sabastian 20 & Connecticutectic 03/04/01 1
69 Gailey Donna 4029 Missouri Ave 1
70 Gailey Raymond "Keith" 4029 Missouri Ave 1
71 Gideon Billie 2446 Dooley Drive 12/10/33 1
72 Godsmith Charles 1
73 Green Richard 2518 S. Walnut 1
74 Green Joanne 2518 S. Walnut 1
75 Green Viola Greenbriar Nursing Home 1
76 Griffith Doug 1350 S. Hardwood Ln. 04/07/56 1
77 Griffith Donna 1350 S. Hardwood Ln. 1
78 Haack Steven 10469 Amanda Lane 03/17/83 1
79 Haddock Paul 3528 E. 13 12/13/48 1
80 Haiar Jaime 2502 Empire, Joplin, MO 04/19/81 1
81 Hale Johnna 2946 B. Westwood Apt. 1
82 Hamilton Geoff 1
83 Hamp-Haines Emma Marie 18th Street 1
84 Hancock Johnny 09/23/48 1
85 Harden David 1720 Connecticut Ave. 1
86 Hare Caley 1601 Jefferson 1
87 Harmar Ronald 50-60 1
88 Hartman Dorothy Greenbriar Nursing Home 05/05/20 1
89 Hawkins Charles 1429 Ryan Road 1
90 Hayward Deann 302 E. 22nd St, Galena, Ks. 1
91 Head Judith St. Johns Hospital 1
92 Henson Donald (Ken) Greenbriar Nursing Home 05/08/05 1
93 Hilton Geofry 1909 S. Highview 1
94 Hines Isadora 2920 McClelland 1
95 Holland Glenn 2620 Oliver 1
96 Holland Lorie 2620 Oliver 1
97 Hopwood Charlotte 1830 S. St. Louis Ave. 1
98 Howard Shawntee 2321 S. Moffit 1
99 Howard Thomas Russell 1614 Penn Ave., Webb City, MO 07/05/81 1
100 Howard Hayze 1614 Penn Ave., Webb City, MO 10/17/09 1
101 Howard Harli 1614 Penn Ave., Webb City, MO 02/06/06 1
102 Hull Hannah 12/04/97 1
103 Hyder James 12/03/39 1
104 Irish Jerry East 20th Street 1
105 Jackson Diane 1701 Murphy 1
106 Jayes Jane 2515 S. Main 11/11/24 1
107 Jennings Jacob 117 N Penn, Webb City 1
108 Johnson Carles Carl Junction-Woodland Street 1
109 Johnson Melissa 1
110 Jones Jeanne 1
111 Jones Mary Jane Senior Citizen Center on 15th 1
112 Jones Cheryl 111 N. Huston, Altamont, KS 06/20/71 1
113 Jordan Darlene 2349 Missouri 1
114 Jordan Robert 2349 Missouri 1
115 Keiser Russell Behind Academy Sports 1
116 Keller Diane 2118 Connecticut Ave Apt 16A 1
117 Kelling Cathy 2515 South Connor 03/07/58 1
118 Kendrick James 12/17/47 1
119 Kerwin Dave SW Corner 25th & Murphy 1
120 Kirk Stanley 03/01/49 1
121 Koch Jordan 2404 Kentucky 05/24/89 1
122 Koler Geneva 2502 S. Moffit 08/17/27 1
123 Kuhn Tedra 2020 Hampshire Terr 03/28/42 1
124 Landis Amy 9108 E 8th 1
125 Lansaw Donald 2020 Mississippi Ave 08/21/79 1
126 Leavens Jasmine Apartments behind Wal-Mart 1
127 Leavens Kelly Apartments behind Wal-Mart 06/16/05 1
128 Lewis Amanda 704 West Junge Blvd. 1
129 Lievens Bruce 12/28/62 1
130 Lindquist Mark 4th St. North Tirk 1
131 Lindsey Alice Greenbriar Nursing Home 1
132 Little Billy 2428 Empire 01/10/46 1
133 Logsdon Skyler 1
134 Lucas Christopher 11/24/83 1
135 Malone Judy 1809 W. 24, Apt. A 1
136 Malone Ray 1809 W. 24, Apt. A 1
137 Markham Rachel 25th and Murphey 1
138 Martin Marnell 4451 26th St 1
139 Mathis Wade 1903 S. Highview Ave 1
140 McCully Cheryl 2359 Iowa, Joplin, MO 03/15/53 1
141 McKee Jessie 325 St. Johns, Neosho 1
142 McKeel James 2026 W 26th St 10/12/40 1
143 McNeil Mary Oliver Street 1
144 McReynolds Michael 1832 W. 24th Apt. D 1
145 Meadows Dana Virgina Ave. 1
146 Meadows Dustin 25th & Penn 1
147 Mell Randy 605 S. Oronogo, Webb City, MO 11/15/61 1
148 Menapace Angelina 2424 Kentucky 09/18/58 1
149 Merritt Alexandria 3107 South Day Rd 01/17/03 1
150 Merritt Payton 3107 South Day Rd 1
151 Merritt Brittany 3107 South Day Rd 1
152 Merritt Nevea 3107 South Day Rd 1
153 Merritt Allen 3107 South Day Rd 02/23/85 1
154 Messer Linda 2108 Hardin 1
155 Meyer Ronald 2839 East 18th 08/05/46 1
156 Miller Peggy 2418 Dooley Dr., Joplin, MO 1
157 Miller Ray 2302 Iowa 07/20/61 1
158 Moore Esterlita 2434 Dooley Dr. 1
159 Morehead Geri 2506 Newhampshire 1
160 Moulton Sally 15th & New Hampshire 11/05/53 1
161 Mouret Stephen 823 W. 4th St. 11/13/69 1
162 Mullaney Edmond 1
163 Nelson Sharyl 115 Jared Blvd 11/11/76 1
164 Norton Will 3606 Old Orchard Rd. 1
165 Ogden Timothy Meadows 3rd & Maiden 1
166 Osborn Dennis 1
167 Oster Charles 1932 E. 18th St., Joplin, MO 07/30/33 1
168 Otter Kristy 2920 McClelland 1
169 Parker Shirley 2732 Michigan, Joplin 02/11/45 1
170 Pearson Patricia 1
171 Perez William 2001 Connecticut, Apt. J3 1
172 Perry Mary Joyce 2316 Missouri 1
173 Peterson James 2317 Bird 08/20/83 1
174 Petty John 11830 Wispering Pines, Neosho 04/03/74 1
175 Phoenix Chris 2539 Iowa, Joplin, MO 1
176 Pierce Anthony 08/03/59 1
177 Pierce Kurt (Anthony's Pierce's son) 1
178 Piquard Hallie Marie 10/20/32 1
179 Potter Leroy 2011 Pearl, Joplin, MO 1
180 Potter Dale 2011 Pearl, Joplin 1
181 Potter Mary 17th Empire 1
182 Puebla Natalia 5891 S. Garrison, Carthage 07/26/93 1
183 Ramsey Shelly 407 W. Spring St., Neosho 09/26/68 1
184 Randolph Charlotte 2222 West 29th St. 02/01/29 1
185 Reid Virgil 285 SW 92nd 05/13/34 1
186 Reyes Fredy Jackson & Moffit 1
187 Reyes Maria Jackson & Moffit 1
188 Reyes Guadalupa Jackson & Maffit 1
189 Reyes Baby Girl-Jane DJoaeckson & Moffit 1
190 Richardson Charles 2728 S. Sargent Ave 1
191 Richey Johnny 2608 Adele 10/07/58 1
192 Robertson Vicki 1810 Vermont 10/08/44 1
193 Robinson Keith 1
194 Roush Barbara 2301 Picher 1
195 Roush Wilbur 2301 Picher 1
196 Row Margaret Virginia Ave. 03/31/61 1
197 Salmon Virginia 2103 Dusquesne 06/21/30 1
198 Saltenberger Betty Willard St. 1
199 Saltenberger Roy Willard St. 1
200 Salzer Mike 4620 E. 25th 1
201 Salzer Betty 4620 E. 25th 1
202 Sawyer Toni 1001 Osbun, Fort Scott 12/17/69 1
203 Sawyer Tonja 1001 Osbun Ft. Scott, Ks 12/17/69 1
204 Scates Frances 200 Connecticut Apt 4 07/14/40 1
205 Schreider Tammy 3107 South Day Rd 11/24/62 1
206 Seay Gladys 436653 East Sord, Welch, OK 1
207 Seitzer Wesley 1
208 Sherrick Billy 2216 Annie Baxter St. 1
209 Sherrick Tina 2216 Annie Baxter St. 1
210 Sherrick Tommy 2216 Annie Baxter St. 1
211 Sherrick Jerry Nurshing Home next to St. mary's 1
212 Shirley Daniel Greenbriar Nursing Home 01/14/63 1
213 Silva Geovanne 1
214 Smith Corrine 1
215 Smith George Meadows Care Center 1
216 Smith Nicholas 2001 Connecticut 03/03/88 1
217 Smith Shyrell 1602 N Joplin, Pittsburg, KS 01/13/43 1
218 Sneed Steven 2615 S. Joplin 1
219 Sparks James 2621 Virginia 1
220 Sparks Lois 19 & Highview 1
221 Stallsmith Chris 1
222 Steele Clovis 2314 Kentucky 1
223 Stevens Janice 21st & Connecticut 1
224 Stokes Lela E. 7th St. 1
225 Stokes Tom E. 7th St. 1
226 Suskey Holly 1
227 Sweet Gregan 01/06/52 1
228 Swepston Adam 1
229 Tate Shawn 26th Street 09/15/70 1
230 Teal Kayleigh 609 N. Fee King Hwy, Pittsburg, Ks 03/22/95 1
231 Terry Heather 1
232 Thomas Sandra 12258 Elm Road, Carthage 07/30/55 1
233 Thomas John 04/27/71 1
234 Tobey Anthoy W. 26th St 1
235 Tyndall Michael 2109 Road Iland 03/11/78 1
236 Utter Kristy 2920 McCleeland 1
237 Vanderhoofven Joshua 2427 Pennsylvania 03/28/10 1
238 Vanderhoofven Darian 2427 Pennsylvania 06/28/66 1
239 Wagner Jerry 2411 Tyler Ave. 1
240 Wead Veda 2419 Sergeant 1
241 Wells Miles 707 N Penn, Webb City 08/31/51 1
242 Whitley Tiera P. O. Box 481, Fort Scott, Kansas 09/20/90 1
243 Willaims Zachery 2002 Texas 06/19/98 1
244 Williamson James 1715 Rex Ave 1
245 Wilson Leeta 5364 E. 24th 1
246 Wilson Richard 2505 Pennslyvania Ave 1
247 Wilson Sue 2505 Pennslyvania Ave 1
248 Wilson Rosalee 2324 S. Harlem Ave 1
249 Wilson Dwight 5364 E. 24th St., Joplin, MO 07/24/57 1
250 Wison Peggy Jean 05/27/28 1
251 Wolfe Wilma 2420 Minnesota, Joplin, MO 08/16/14 1
252 Writer Charles Greenbriar Nursing Home 10/29/36 1

J Diddy 05-27-2011 10:52 AM

There are 3 people on that list that I know personally. Shit. I hope they are alright.

Alton deFlat 05-27-2011 11:31 AM

I have been streaming KZRG talk radio at work. They were just discussing an individual that was observed (I think), by East Middle School. They said it didn't appear that he belonged there. He was stopped, and they searched his backpack. It was full of wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. His cell phone had a sent text that basically said, "I'm in the corner house. I have everything we'll ever need. Come be a lookout, while I get out of here". The lady he was texting, had jewelry in her possession. They were arrested.

Dartgod 05-27-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat (Post 7666094)
I have been streaming KZRG talk radio at work. They were just discussing an individual that was observed (I think), by East Middle School. They said it didn't appear that he belonged there. He was stopped, and they searched his backpack. It was full of wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. His cell phone had a sent text that basically said, "I'm in the corner house. I have everything we'll ever need. Come be a lookout, while I get out of here". The lady he was texting, had jewelry in her possession. They were shot and killed on site.

Better ending to the story.

J Diddy 05-27-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

I have been streaming KZRG talk radio at work. They were just discussing an individual that was observed (I think), by East Middle School. They said it didn't appear that he belonged there. He was stopped, and they searched his backpack. It was full of wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. His cell phone had a sent text that basically said, "I'm in the corner house. I have everything we'll ever need. Come be a lookout, while I get out of here". The lady he was texting, had jewelry in her possession. They were arrested.

Hell yes. I hope he gets the job of pushing a broom down the streets until it's cleaned up, then 20 years.

DMAC 05-27-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Plaster his face on every tv station everywhere so no matter where he moves, he will be hated and ridiculed and ass kicked.

Hydrae 05-27-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 7665277)
Thanks to Matt Cassell and Johnny Baldwin for helping the cleanup efforts in Joplin today.

I think this got missed in some of the other stories posted here. I think it is especially cool that the rookie was helping out. :thumb:

Titty Meat 05-27-2011 12:31 PM

God bless those people.

luv 05-27-2011 12:54 PM

Looks like I'm heading out with a crew from Magoo's on Monday. They have a new location in Joplin, so volunteers have been going, cooking, and driving around handing out burgers, hot dogs, and chicken sandwiches.

Los Pollos Hermanos 05-27-2011 12:55 PM

Is this thing real? Holy shit.

http://chzdailywhat.files.wordpress....611fcba2a0.jpg

J Diddy 05-27-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 7666235)

Wouldn't doubt it,

Alton deFlat 05-27-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7666234)
Looks like I'm heading out with a crew from Magoo's on Monday. They have a new location in Joplin, so volunteers have been going, cooking, and driving around handing out burgers, hot dogs, and chicken sandwiches.

At the Magoo's in Joplin?

Frazod 05-27-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 7666235)

I'm sure it is. I remember seeing pine needles driven into a fence post from one when I was kid.

Alton deFlat 05-27-2011 01:29 PM

A Wal-Mart VP was on the radio a little while ago, and said they have the plans in place, and will start rebuilding the 15th street site as soon as the city gives the go-ahead. Possibly within a few weeks.

luv 05-27-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat (Post 7666276)
At the Magoo's in Joplin?

Yep.

Los Pollos Hermanos 05-27-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat (Post 7666302)
A Wal-Mart VP was on the radio a little while ago, and said they have the plans in place, and will start rebuilding the 15th street site as soon as the city gives the go-ahead. Possibly within a few weeks.

Surprised they're not requesting some type of tax break from the city first.

Alton deFlat 05-27-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7666307)
Yep.

Be safe.

tk13 05-27-2011 02:18 PM

I don't have an article to post... I'm sure this would hit the wires eventually, you'd think. But apparently a recent receipt from a Joplin tire retailer was found in Royal Center, IN on Wednesday. That's 525 miles away, which would make it the largest distance debris has ever been found from a storm.

luv 05-27-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7666415)
I don't have an article to post... I'm sure this would hit the wires eventually, you'd think. But apparently a recent receipt from a Joplin tire retailer was found in Royal Center, IN on Wednesday. That's 525 miles away, which would make it the largest distance debris has ever been found from a storm.

Unless someone from that area bought tires in Joplin and just lost their receipt.

tk13 05-27-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7666435)
Unless someone from that area bought tires in Joplin and just lost their receipt.

Certainly possible. The receipt was only a couple weeks old, I do believe. It was found on someone's porch. And Royal Center is a very small town in northern Indiana in the middle of nowhere, so who knows. It was taken to a Purdue University professor who believes it traveled about 12 hours in the jet stream.

luv 05-27-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7666438)
Certainly possible. The receipt was only a couple weeks old, I do believe. It was found on someone's porch. And Royal Center is a very small town in northern Indiana in the middle of nowhere, so who knows. It was taken to a Purdue University professor who believes it traveled about 12 hours in the jet stream.

If so, very cool.

J Diddy 05-27-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 7666326)
Surprised they're not requesting some type of tax break from the city first.

I don't think theyre that queued about it. They made a killing at that location not to mention already donating a million dollars. Pr is at an all time high.

CosmicPal 05-27-2011 03:15 PM

Husband sacrifices his own life. Another hero this world will miss. Very heartbreaking...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...74546#43174546

Radar Chief 05-27-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 7666479)
Husband sacrifices his own life. Another hero this world will miss. Very heartbreaking...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...74546#43174546

Damn. Couldn't even watch it all.