ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-06-2013 07:30 PM

LeBron.

Al Bundy 05-06-2013 07:31 PM

Golden State is playing with house money, just like Chicago is.

KevB 05-06-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9663419)
Coach Thibodeau is the best coach in the league.

I wouldn't put him above Pop, but he's right there. Amazing job.

KevB 05-06-2013 07:34 PM

Haha, tied. Go Bulls!

Pitt Gorilla 05-06-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9663417)
The Bulls missing half their team are still game.

Simply amazing. I'm not sure Thib cares. He'll play whoever is there.

KevB 05-06-2013 07:40 PM

Amazing what Thibs is getting out of Nate Robinson. He was a borderline NBA player a couple of years ago. Now, he's running a team that could beat the Champs on Game 1 on their home court. Generally making good decisions and actually playing good D.

dirk digler 05-06-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9663469)
Amazing what Thibs is getting out of Nate Robinson. He was a borderline NBA player a couple of years ago. Now, he's running a team that could beat the Champs on Game 1 on their home court. Generally making good decisions and actually playing good D.

If he keeps playing like this he is going to get a nice little contract this offseason

KevB 05-06-2013 07:43 PM

Lots of complaining about the officials by the Heat.

dirk digler 05-06-2013 07:45 PM

Noah has to be careful

tk13 05-06-2013 07:45 PM

LMAO Nate Robinson. Money.

-King- 05-06-2013 07:45 PM

Nate Robinson! Bulls up 2.

KevB 05-06-2013 07:45 PM

Oh damn! Nate Rob, shaking Chalmers.

-King- 05-06-2013 07:46 PM

Noah is going to pass out one day on the court. Never seen a player who puts in so much energy and effort each game. As old people say "He plays the game how it's meant to be played"

-King- 05-06-2013 07:48 PM

NATE ****ING ROBINSON!!!

tk13 05-06-2013 07:48 PM

LMAO Assassin.

KevB 05-06-2013 07:48 PM

NATE ROB!

KC_Connection 05-06-2013 07:48 PM

What an embarrassment for the Heat to lose this game. This is what happens when you play lazy for the entire game and expect to win in the final possessions.

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-06-2013 07:48 PM

go bulls

kcxiv 05-06-2013 07:49 PM

Wow Nate iskilling it. What can u say about Noah wow

KevB 05-06-2013 07:50 PM

I'm loving my Heat in 6 pick

KC_Connection 05-06-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9663503)
I'm loving my Heat in 6 pick

No kidding.

dirk digler 05-06-2013 07:51 PM

Noah and Robinson have both been huge but Jimmy Butler deserves a ton of credit the guy hasn't sit down in 3-4 games

KevB 05-06-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9663499)
What an embarrassment for the Heat to lose this game. This is what happens when you play lazy for the entire game and expect to win in the final possessions.

They had an easy series against the Bucks and the Bulls are in full on survival mode. We probably should have seen a competitive game coming (I wasn't so sure with Luol out), but who the hell could have predicted a Bulls win?

J Diddy 05-06-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9663491)
Noah is going to pass out one day on the court. Never seen a player who puts in so much energy and effort each game. As old people say "He plays the game how it's meant to be played"

The game has always been, and always will be, about buckets.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-06-2013 07:52 PM

Crazy. Gonna need at least one more in Miami. Go Bulls!

-King- 05-06-2013 07:53 PM

The power of great coaching.

KC_Connection 05-06-2013 07:54 PM

Hope that awakens the Heat to the fact that they can't just roll over opponents if they don't give a full effort.

-King- 05-06-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9663522)
Hope that awakens the Heat to the fact that they can't just roll over opponents if they don't give a full effort.

Yup. This isn't the first round anymore. The teams they play from now on aren't the Bucks.

KC_Connection 05-06-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9663514)
They had an easy series against the Bucks and the Bulls are in full on survival mode. We probably should have seen a competitive game coming (I wasn't so sure with Luol out), but who the hell could have predicted a Bulls win?

I expected competitive games in most of them. But the compete level just wasn't there for most of the players tonight, Wade and Bosh barely showed up at all.

Hammock Parties 05-06-2013 07:56 PM

ahahahaha

lebron sucks

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/25...bronchokes.gif

-King- 05-06-2013 07:56 PM

Heh. Warriors up 11-3 on the Spurs.

KevB 05-06-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9663522)

No doubt that will be the narrative after the game. But, the simple fact is the Bulls are just better than people are giving them credit for at this point. Nate is legit. Marco is legit. Butler is a beast given all the minutes he's playing. They'll get Hinrich and Deng back to supplement. The Heat not only have to be interested, but they have to play well to beat this team.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-06-2013 07:57 PM

GO BULLS!!!!

okcchief 05-06-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9660865)
Houston can't play any defense and their offense consists of James Harden and a bunch of relative scrubs running around playing undisciplined basketball. OKC, even without Westbrook, should have been able to handle them easily considering Durant's presence. They didn't. Not sure what is absurd about pointing that out (or pointing out that LeBron is a far better player than Durant).

It's absurd that you have to knock Durant to praise LeBron. They had to adjust and won the series. Who gives a shit how pretty it was? You knocking LeBron tonight? Of course not because he will win the series. Your objectivity around certain players is laughable.

-King- 05-06-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9663537)

LMAOLMAOLMAO CLUTCH!

KC_Connection 05-06-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9663542)
No doubt that will be the narrative after the game. But, the simple fact is the Bulls are just better than people are giving them credit for at this point. Nate is legit. Marco is legit. Butler is a beast given all the minutes he's playing. They'll get Hinrich and Deng back to supplement. The Heat not only have to be interested, but they have to play well to beat this team.

The Bulls play good defense and Noah is a beast. But the Heat should be able to beat them in a ****ing playoff home game. This is embarrassing for them.

KevB 05-06-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9663546)
It's absurd that you have to knock Durant to praise LeBron. They had to adjust and won the series. Who gives a shit how pretty it was? You knocking LeBron tonight? Of course not because he will win the series. You objectivity around certain players is laughable.

:PPL:

Fight!

KC_Connection 05-06-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9663546)
It's absurd that you have to knock Durant to praise LeBron. They had to adjust and won the series. Who gives a shit how pretty it was?

I didn't knock Durant. I said that his team struggled to beat a far inferior Rockets team and that he was a far worse player than Durant (both of which are true).

Quote:

You knocking LeBron tonight? Of course not because he will win the series. Your objectivity around certain players is laughable.
I have no problem knocking LeBron tonight. He wasn't anywhere near as good as he had to be to beat the Bulls.

KevB 05-06-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9663552)
The Bulls play good defense and Noah is a beast. But the Heat should be able to beat them in a ****ing playoff home game. This is embarrassing for them.

Don't disagree, just saying people (not you in particular) only really acknowledge that the Bulls play hard. It's not just that, they're good players and Thibs puts them in position to succeed.

okcchief 05-06-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9660964)
Agreed. Just a totally different basketball era. Jordan's era was swimming with talent, but it was largely about team basketball. You wonder if the NBA relaxed some of the rules on hand-checking if you'd see a completely different brand of basketball during that time. It's like comparing Drew Brees to Joe Montana.

Durant has a long way to go to be an elite player, particularly in terms of playing better defense. But I still think his killer instinct is more like Jordan than LeBron's. Durant is miles behind LeBron and will never, ever match up to LeBron in terms of talent, but you can't help but wonder what the kid will be like when he peaks.

Durant's defense is fine when he doesn't waste extra energy picking up all of the scoring and rebounding slack. If he's not elite then LeBron is the only elite player in the league right now.

tk13 05-06-2013 08:05 PM

If the Heat want to really be a great team, games like tonight don't happen. Especially against a depleted team. I don't care how well they're coached.

chiefzilla1501 05-06-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9663555)
I didn't knock Durant. I said that his team struggled to beat a far inferior Rockets team and that he was a far worse player than Durant (both of which are true).

I have no problem knocking LeBron tonight. He wasn't anywhere near as good as he had to be to beat the Bulls.

As I've said before (and LeBron still has time to do it)... he still has to prove that he can close a close game. Last year's playoffs and already with the Bucks series, he has been flat-out dominant in the first 3 quarters. But between last year's playoffs and this year's playoffs, he's been deceptively mediocre in the last 2-3 minutes of a game. Passes up on way too many shots in a close game and too often misses the shots he does take.

The question is, seeing that he was pretty bad in the last 2-3 minutes... can he get it out of his head? To his credit, this year, he's been nails late in games in ways that he hasn't usually. But I would say that this is about as much pressure as he's going to face all year, given the expectations of him going into game 2.

Pitt Gorilla 05-06-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9663469)

I was called an idiot for suggesting that Robinson could help the Thunder.

KC_Connection 05-06-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9663571)
As I've said before (and LeBron still has time to do it)... he still has to prove that he can close a close game. Last year's playoffs and already with the Bucks series, he has been flat-out dominant in the first 3 quarters. But between last year's playoffs and this year's playoffs, he's been deceptively mediocre in the last 2-3 minutes of a game. Passes up on way too many shots in a close game and too often misses the shots he does take.

The question is, seeing that he was pretty bad in the last 2-3 minutes... can he get it out of his head? To his credit, this year, he's been nails late in games in ways that he hasn't usually. But I would say that this is about as much pressure as he's going to face all year, given the expectations of him going into game 2.

LeBron has been fine throughout his career late in games (and the stats all support this). Thought this myth ended after the NBA finals win last year.

KC_Connection 05-06-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9663564)
If the Heat want to really be a great team, games like tonight don't happen. Especially against a depleted team. I don't care how well they're coached.

If they use it as motivation and bounce back to win in 5 or 6, people will say it was good for character. Nobody will remember about a minor bump in the road. All depends how they react to this.

okcchief 05-06-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9663555)

Durant's team lost those games because Thabo Sefalosha, Kevin Martin, Kendrick Perkins etc couldn't convert wide open opportunities. Also, because the coach didn't make an adjustment til game six that everyone and their dog was questioning. You made that point to show how Durant is inferior to LeBron. It has nothing to do with anything. LeBron is out of this ****ing World good, but Durant is fantastic too. The tweet was off base and dumb. That is really all that needs to be said. You make Durant sound like a failure for going 6 games with a team when it's way beyond him. If one player makes that much of a difference beating Houston should be a great win since you haven't had Harden's cock out of your mouth all year.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 08:19 PM

Bulls!! What an incredible gutsy performance tonight. I've always been a big Nate Robinson fan. Glad he's tearing it up for us. Got to get Thibs a ring. He's the best coach hands down.

chiefzilla1501 05-06-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9663578)
LeBron has been fine throughout his career late in games (and the stats all support this). Thought this myth ended after the NBA finals win last year.

You can go ahead and look at the game logs from last year. I've posted them a trillion times. LeBron was outstanding in the playoffs last year. He was NOT good in the final 3 minutes of games when the game was close. Like I said, I've seen more resiliency from him and a "I don't give a ****" attitude from him this year than I've ever really seen from him in his career. But he still does not look like the close game playoff "killers" you'd expect from one of the greatest players of all time.

okcchief 05-06-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9663573)
I was called an idiot for suggesting that Robinson could help the Thunder.

He could now. He was here for a few months and never saw the floor. You might as well say he could help Memphis because he's played almost as many minutes there.

tk13 05-06-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9663597)
If they use it as motivation and bounce back to win in 5 or 6, people will say it was good for character. Nobody will remember about a minor bump in the road. All depends how they react to this.

The Heat are well past the character building stage. They could, and probably should win this thing in 5. Still, tonight was a lack of killer instinct, just asleep at the wheel. The really great teams don't need motivation by losing to Nate Robinson to get in gear.

okcchief 05-06-2013 08:25 PM

This loss means nothing for Miami if they win the series. Doesn't matter if you win in 4,5 or 7. Thibs is a fantastic coach that knows how to give them problems. For some reason he seems to give them more problems without Rose.

Also, LeBron doesn't have to be a closer when his team is often crushing his opponent, and dominates in every way. If he keeps winning rings it doesn't matter how. Now if they lose a series with a healthy roster feel free to crucify. I'm not falling for the sky is falling shit. The Heat will be fine.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 08:26 PM

People can say rust, I agree. But the Bulls have been playing with like 8 players. If only the Bulls could be fully healthy for a stretch in the playoffs, it would be fun to see.

-King- 05-06-2013 08:27 PM

Loul Deng
Quote:

So proud of my team man, this bed might be good luck after all. #SeeRed #Holdat
http://distilleryimage8.ak.instagram...0a1f9355_7.jpg

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9663618)
This loss means nothing for Miami if they win the series. Doesn't matter if you win in 4,5 or 7. Thibs is a fantastic coach that knows how to give them problems. For some reason he seems to give them more problems without Rose.

Also, LeBron doesn't have to be a closer when his team is often crushing his opponent, and dominates in every way. If he keeps winning rings it doesn't matter how. Now if they lose a series with a healthy roster feel free to crucify. I'm not falling for the sky is falling shit. The Heat will be fine.

This could be and I'm afraid it will be, Deja Vu. Chicago beat Miami in game 1 a couple years ago then got run out of the series

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 08:33 PM

Uh...ya..Deng isn't coming back anytime soon

mcaj22 05-06-2013 08:38 PM

which NBA team was it again that passed on Thibs for a coach?

The Cavs?

okcchief 05-06-2013 08:42 PM

BTW I'm happy Nate is getting this chance. Lets be honest though, if Rosé was healthy he wouldn't be playing here either. He's making the most out of his opportunity, and that's awesome. He's a cool dude.

I hope Chicago keeps it up, but I'm afraid they woke a sleeping giant. I figured they might take a game or 2 just because. This is where having a system in place helps. Plug and play. Props to Thibs.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9663659)
BTW I'm happy Nate is getting this chance. Lets be honest though, if Rosé was healthy he wouldn't be playing here either. He's making the most out of his opportunity, and that's awesome. He's a cool dude.

I hope Chicago keeps it up, but I'm afraid they woke a sleeping giant. I figured they might take a game or 2 just because. This is where having a system in place helps. Plug and play. Props to Thibs.

He may have earned a back up spot though. They're not a sleeping giant. The Heat are tough as ****. So are we. Each team knows what their opponent is.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9663655)
which NBA team was it again that passed on Thibs for a coach?

The Cavs?

From what I've heard, he's passed on teams wanting the Bulls job.

Al Bundy 05-06-2013 08:58 PM

Golden State hanging in there against the Spurs.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 09:01 PM

Would be cool to see Golden State in the Finals. Steph Curry is a stud.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 09:16 PM

Curry is fun to watch it. His shot is so pretty.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-06-2013 09:17 PM

Two horrible turnovers for the Warriors.

KevB 05-06-2013 09:32 PM

Ezeli has the worst hands in the league

KevB 05-06-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9663740)
Curry is fun to watch it. His shot is so pretty.

Honestly, there's nobody more fun to watch in the league right now IMO

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-06-2013 09:36 PM

I was begging for that last three to drop. Would have been insane.

alpha_omega 05-06-2013 09:37 PM

Curry, just wow.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-06-2013 09:38 PM

MY GOD!!!

dirk digler 05-06-2013 09:38 PM

LMAO Curry is going off

tk13 05-06-2013 09:38 PM

Wow. Curry. Someone needs to post that GIF from Friday.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 09:38 PM

OH MY GOD!

KevB 05-06-2013 09:38 PM

Steph ****ing Curry!!!!!

mcaj22 05-06-2013 09:39 PM

i told you he was better than Harden you Harden lovers

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 09:39 PM

How did this kid not go to a major college?

ThadEugenia 05-06-2013 09:39 PM

Too bad the Brooklyn Nets didn't make it further.

okcchief 05-06-2013 09:40 PM

Curry is shooting as well as anyone I've ever seen. Just wow!

Al Bundy 05-06-2013 09:40 PM

**** Danny Green's lucky bitch ass.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 09:41 PM

Could be a big momentum swing going into the 4th

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-06-2013 09:41 PM

And just like that SA is within 12 and in the game. Stupid Warriors.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 09:41 PM

Green UNC!!