ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sneed traded to Titans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352831)

RINGLEADER 03-22-2024 09:44 PM

I think it’s pretty simple. If Wayne Morris had hit then we wouldn’t need the money for a vet LT which is where this money is going to go. It also makes it much easier to sign Creed and Bolton. We’re drafting an OG to replace either Thuney or Trey Smith.

I have been clear that the opportunity to keep a super team together is worth the pain down the road but Veach clearly intends to keep this going thru the draft.

Or maybe there’s a problem with Sneed that we don’t know about.

Anyway, good for Sneed getting paid and I think players will appreciate how we treat our best players.

T-post Tom 03-22-2024 09:44 PM

I suspect there is something cooking on the back burner that we’re not aware of at this point. Expecting a good surprise announcement soon. If not, still ride & die Veach! You da man! 3 peat mother****ers!

RunKC 03-22-2024 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17454750)
4th round value.

The 3rd isn't even this season.

Like I said, it's an awful trade.

They should've kept him. Restructure other guys and kick the can until after Kelce retires.

This is just god-awful resource management. It's just bad. There's no sugar coating it at all. The team is worse than it was 2 hours ago and got next to nothing in return.

It was reported yesterday that Sneed didn’t want to play on the tag. Probably bc his knee is a problem and be damn well knows the risk isn’t worth it.

So what do you do? Force him to go to camp and do the Chris Jones shit again?

You guys want to restructure guys and push the can down the road. If we’ve learned anything, it’s that Veach wants flexibility. He already spent insane money on Chris.

Mecca 03-22-2024 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 17454838)
You just changed the discussion into a straw man.

I said Sneed made more sense than Danna for 2024.

It's not just Danna it's him and other guys.

T-post Tom 03-22-2024 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 17454839)
I think it’s pretty simple. If Wayne Morris had hit then we wouldn’t need the money for a vet LT which is where this money is going to go. It also makes it much easier to sign Creed and Bolton. We’re drafting an OG to replace either Thuney or Trey Smith.

I have been clear that the opportunity to keep a super team together is worth the pain down the road but Veach clearly intends to keep this going thru the draft.

Or maybe there’s a problem with Sneed that we don’t know about.

Anyway, good for Sneed getting paid and I think players will appreciate how we treat our best players.

True dat!

UChieffyBugger 03-22-2024 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonelloyd (Post 17454719)
No one imagined we would get that little. It’s unconscionable.

We should have kept him.

If we needed the cap Space that badly they should’ve taken more out of the Mahomes contract. Also, are there any other contracts we could restructure?

It’s all right to say “in Veach we trust” but this is clearly a terrible move on his part. He needs to be called out on it when you mix blunders like this. No one always hits home runs and he shouldn’t be expected to either. And obviously he has done well overall. But this is terrible. Much worse than the sky Moore draft because you didn’t know you were getting someone useless then. Now you know you’re treating someone of really great value for essentially nothing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is anybody aware of a elite corner being given away for so little ever by anyone?

ROFL

Dante84 03-22-2024 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17454832)
It’ll be more than just Danna getting a deal lol.

Come on man smh

Okay, Danna + CEH? Donovan Smith?

Give me Sneed.

Also we still had money on the books and restructures to create more cap if needed.

ChiefsFanatic 03-22-2024 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17454632)
2025 3rd and 2024 7th round pick swap. What an abysmal trade.

WTF? Like, Veach just gave him away, because those picks mean absolutely nothing to a 3-peat. I get that we get cap space, but it sure seems like Veach got worked on this deal.

UChieffyBugger 03-22-2024 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch (Post 17454721)
Veach can draft players? He's blown two first rounders in CEH and FAU. He traded up to score Breeland Speaks in the 2nd round. Mecole Hardman over DK Metcalf. The Skyy Moore experience.

Facts not in evidence, AusChief, if that is your real name.

:LOL:

493rd 03-22-2024 09:46 PM

Hey idiots - this is the product of winning 3 SBs over the past 5 years. Deal with it. WBF

alanm 03-22-2024 09:47 PM

You gotta believe Birch has something simmering on the back burner that's gonna WoW us when it happens. I have faith in him. Has he ever really let us down?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-22-2024 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 17454846)
Okay, Danna + CEH? Donovan Smith?

Give me Sneed.

Also we still had money on the books and restructures to create more cap if needed.

We don’t need to keep restructuring shit…. Were eventually gonna be like the saints and be over the limit

Chieftain 03-22-2024 09:47 PM

Sneed was our best CB last season. Yes, even better than McDuffie who got All Pro. To get a 3rd round pick back – next season – as a return is terrible trade value. Anyone who tries to argue otherwise is lying to themselves.
You think Omar Khan would make this trade? I don't.

FloridaMan88 03-22-2024 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17454828)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With L’Jarius Sneed’s $19.8M franchise tag going off Kansas City’s books, they have more flexibility to potentially re-sign free agents such as Mike Danna and Donovan Smith.</p>&mdash; Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1771380018800656749?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 23, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If they had that cap room at the start of free agency by not tagging Sneed, they could have done better than just resigning some of those players.

Tyron Smith rather than Donovan Smith.

Signed a better RB2 than just bringing back MEHHH.

DJ's left nut 03-22-2024 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17454842)
It was reported yesterday that Sneed didn’t want to play on the tag. Probably bc his knee is a problem and be damn well knows the risk isn’t worth it.

So what do you do? Force him to go to camp and do the Chris Jones shit again?

You guys want to restructure guys and push the can down the road. If we’ve learned anything, it’s that Veach wants flexibility. He already spent insane money on Chris.

It was reported that a 2nd rounder was agreed upon. Or that he'd get a 1st in return.

These 'reporters' don't know shit until after it happens.

He'd have played on the tag. Yes, you force him to accept his paltry $20 million and form half of the best CB duo in the league.

And again, if you're NOT willing to do that, you do not tag him.