ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is a ****ing zoo-jam packed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349462)

Jewish Rabbi 03-09-2024 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17434461)
That can't be right. They have a barbecue restaurant there.

When I ordered a Dr Pepper they asked if Pepsi was alright

crispystl 03-10-2024 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17434456)
Sitting on the runway at Sky Harbor cause we have no available gates to dock. Soooooooo close to getting home.

Thank God I was in business class for last two flights and had extra room. I never wanted to leave the terminal and get on the plane more than today in Charlotte. :doh!:

I bet man. I feel for you. There's nothing worse.
When we were completely boarded and about to leave Phoenix they got on the intercom and say "we apologize everyone" and I thought Oh ****, but they said there was lightening so the ground crew had to go indoors for 25 minutes. I thought for sure they were going to de-board us.

Donger 03-10-2024 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17434456)
Sitting on the runway at Sky Harbor cause we have no available gates to dock. Soooooooo close to getting home.

Thank God I was in business class for last two flights and had extra room. I never wanted to leave the terminal and get on the plane more than today in Charlotte. :doh!:

THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW!!! And I'm SO glad that you were in BUSINESS CLASS!!!

Pablo 03-10-2024 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 17434834)
THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW!!! And I'm SO glad that you were in BUSINESS CLASS!!!

This is the ****Official Scho Is On A Flight Thread**** now, thank you for caring.

LagunaSWana 03-10-2024 10:06 AM

Orlando has been an absolute shit show since yesterday. There was a storm that effectively cut off Florida from the rest of the country so planes couldn't get in. My 5:00pm got pushed to 7:30, which made me miss my connection in Austin to San Diego. Then that was canceled and I was booked on a 6:05 to Albuquerque which was then canceled. Got rebooked on a 11:00am today, barely found a hotel room and now my 11:00 has been delayed until 1:39 which again is making me miss my connection in Austin. So they rebooked me out of Austin to San Diego on a 9:15pm which means I get to spend almost 6 hours in Austin on a layover.

I just stood in a line for over an hour to check my bag, praying ATC stops playing musical chairs with my flight. The departure time has changed no less than 10 times since I left for the airport at 9:45 this morning.

Just get me the hell out of Orlando to ANY other city so I can get home.

Donger 03-10-2024 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17434846)
This is the ****Official Scho Is On A Flight Thread**** now, thank you for caring.

Sure. But aren't you glad that he let us know that he was in business class, and therefore didn't suffer uncontrollably?

Donger 03-10-2024 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LagunaSWana (Post 17434851)
Orlando has been an absolute shit show since yesterday. There was a storm that effectively cut off Florida from the rest of the country so planes couldn't get in. My 5:00pm got pushed to 7:30, which made me miss my connection in Austin to San Diego. Then that was canceled and I was booked on a 6:05 to Albuquerque which was then canceled. Got rebooked on a 11:00am today, barely found a hotel room and now my 11:00 has been delayed until 1:39 which again is making me miss my connection in Austin. So they rebooked me out of Austin to San Diego on a 9:15pm which means I get to spend almost 6 hours in Austin on a layover.

I just stood in a line for over an hour to check my bag, praying ATC stops playing musical chairs with my flight. The departure time has changed no less than 10 times since I left for the airport at 9:45 this morning.

I fly mostly in the west but had a trade show in MCO week before last. That is one ****ed up airport. The signage is a cluster**** and security was worse than DEN.

Thankfully, I got a FIRST CLASS upgrade on the flight home so I survived. I forgot to tell everyone until today.

Pablo 03-10-2024 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 17434867)
Sure. But aren't you glad that he let us know that he was in business class, and therefore didn't suffer uncontrollably?

Of course. It also lets me know he was out and about doing business.

LagunaSWana 03-10-2024 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 17434869)
I fly mostly in the west but had a trade show in MCO week before last. That is one ****ed up airport. The signage is a cluster**** and security was worse than DEN.

Thankfully, I got a FIRST CLASS upgrade on the flight home so I survived. I forgot to tell everyone until today.

On top of everything else, the wifi is slow as molasses. There are two flights listed as going out of gate 121 and the gate agent just got on the intercom and said, "I'm gonna give the most honest answer I can. I don't know NUTHIN!"

She then said that the next flight out of that gate is to Austin (the other one was Houston). So as of NOW, we should be boarding soon. PTL!

RealSNR 03-10-2024 11:17 AM

Spent $100 on pretzals and booze in the SkyClub

Jewish Rabbi 03-10-2024 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17434929)
Spent $100 on pretzals and booze in the SkyClub

Only $98. Mighty Mike got a $2 tip

Spott 03-10-2024 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LagunaSWana (Post 17434851)

Interesting. I flew out of Orlando on Thursday and back in on Friday afternoon with no issues from Cleveland. I assume this storm was out West somewhere because the weather here has been perfect.

ChiliConCarnage 03-10-2024 12:29 PM

Year mums been jam packed

scho63 03-10-2024 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17434846)

:thumb:

And don't ever forget it. ;)

Rain Man 03-10-2024 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17434462)
When I ordered a Dr Pepper they asked if Pepsi was alright

Dang NASCAR swilling airport.