ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295820)

listopencil 05-17-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12878308)
So I gather you weren't impressed? LMAO

True.

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12878165)
Doesn't look too promising. I am disappoint

Nobody is gonna pay for that CBS

November 2015

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11863797)
I'll be shocked if pilot is even watchable.

keg in kc 05-17-2017 06:56 PM

That wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be after reading the comments you guys made.

Frazod 05-17-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12878328)
That wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be after reading the comments you guys made.

You're welcome.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2017 06:56 PM

It just looks...hollow. With terrible, terrible acting.

How about giving a Klingon a line?

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12878329)
You're welcome.

LMAO

Frazod 05-17-2017 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12878330)

ghotvam'e' qab Hegh ghaH Dunmo'

listopencil 05-17-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12878330)

Darur loDHom Heghpu'

Hammock Parties 05-17-2017 07:21 PM

I guess we're going to find out why there are no female captains in the rest of Star Trek until Janeway amirite

notorious 05-17-2017 07:51 PM

So that's what happened to Sasha from Walking Dead.

Bowser 05-17-2017 09:16 PM

Nice nod to the original movie with the jet suit.

The actors look wooden as hell, but the effects look decent. Minus Discovery though - it looks like a rejected Klingon scout ship.

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12878633)

The actors look wooden as hell, but the effects look decent. Minus Discovery though - it looks like a rejected Klingon scout ship.

Paramount is so lost with the Star Trek franchise that their first pictures look like a shitty version of a shitty Star Wars film, then follow it up with a completely uninspired trailer featuring not even one scene or actor with even a scintilla of charisma.

Such is Paramount.

Chiefspants 05-17-2017 09:47 PM

I've seen better acting in my town's vacation bible school performances. Yuck.

Gonzo 05-17-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12878633)

Heh, this is actually what they first pictured the enterprise to look like before the first movie, (which was supposed to be a pilot for a new show originally).

I agree, though. Not a good look if it turns out this way.

RealSNR 05-17-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12878645)
Paramount is so lost with the Star Trek franchise that their first pictures look like a shitty version of a shitty Star Wars film, then follow it up with a completely uninspired trailer featuring not even one scene or actor with even a scintilla of charisma.

Such is Paramount.

Doesn't Paramount WANT a captive audience for lifting off their streaming service? Their captive audience already ****ing spoke up about what the wanted. Dorn's Captain Worf series maybe wouldn't have attracted the random TV watchers initially, but it would have given them guaranteed NUMBERS at least, and if they made it any good at all, I'm sure the audience would grow bit by bit. Hell, and the freakin pilot was crowdfunded-ready.

And I just don't understand when entertainment is looking to re-capture millennial viewers by re-booting/re-starting shit from the 90s why Paramount ****ing insists that this prequel shit is the way to go. How about you CONTINUE the events and adventures of the franchise when it was at its height? Those golden days of TNG never saw a more excited fanbase even among average television viewers for this show. They're not even allowing for "far future" series like TNG was to the original. God, how interesting would that be? Re-imagining technology and ships a full century past the events of TNG/DS9/Voyager? Get input from people to be ****ing CREATIVE for ****ing once. God, how about coming up with new modes of communication beyond the com-badge? Get some young kid to see that shit on TV and go, "I'm going to invent that!"

Nope. **** creativity. **** trying new things. Yes, I know they're restarting a 50-year old franchise, but they're not even TRYING to explore strange new worlds or seek out new life and new civilizations. They're banking on a ****ing Klingon War.

We already had what we wanted regarding a Klingon War. The Axanar movie. Fans demanded it, and CBS said no. They could have commandeered it and rolled that direction with their shitty prequel. Nope. Has to be this stupid lower decks story. Is Michelle Yeoh even going to be recognized as a real captain in fan lore since she's not the headline act of this series?

I would have loved an Axanar movie that was fan-funded. So much better than the other fan-made shit out there. I would have loved CBS taking that and running with it if they were worried about missing out on profit. Instead, we got this crap.

And **** Bryan Fuller, too. I hope his career ****ing dies. You don't commit to a franchise like Star Trek and then back out before the first ****ing season, you dumbass ****ing prick. We were promised the show would be in good hands with him because he knew how to connect to the fans with his writing, and now we got more terrible assholes who thought ST: Into Darkness is what fans wanted to see.

I'm watching the free one they'll broadcast. And I'm 99% certain I won't be blown away. When that happens, I ain't paying SHIT to stream this garbage. CBS can go **** itself.