ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals Cards vs. Royals weekend series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292610)

lewdog 05-23-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 11515280)
Yep. I was there on Opening Day with my Pop - Municpal Stadium on Brooklyn Ave. My Dad had Joe Foy and Bob Oliver sign my tee shirt. I was just a tot and have no recollection of the game at all, but I was there.....

Man I'd love to meet some of you old CPers and have you educate me about the glory days of this franchise.

SAUTO 05-23-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11514119)
Eh, yeah I guess for you old geezers it's acceptable. But if you are like 50 years old or younger (Royals established in 1973, Chiefs 1963) and you are a Cardinals fan, and a Chiefs fan. You are scum.

Pick a side, or please you must wear a shirt with a flow chart whenever you are at a sporting even explaining yourself.

I live less than two hours from kc and up until about twelve years ago all you could get even on the radio was cardinals and Chiefs games. No royals at all.

That why people are fans of the two.

Bearcat 05-23-2015 12:49 PM

Yeah, screw those people for choosing to spend their free time watching winning teams... take pride in your shitty local teams, assholes!

Reerun_KC 05-23-2015 12:55 PM

God damn Texas still raking with the bats.

ChiefsCountry 05-23-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11515485)
I live less than two hours from kc and up until about twelve years ago all you could get even on the radio was cardinals and Chiefs games. No royals at all.

It still blows my mind why none of the ****ing Sedalia stations don't carry the Royals.

BigRedChief 05-23-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

The Cardinals grew their fanbase in the 50's due to KMOX broadcasting their signal all the way to Colorado, up to Minnesota and down to Texas. Not many games on TV at the time, Baseball was popular on radio at the time too.

It certainly also helped to have Stan The Man on the team. I've talked with fans from that era. People viewed Stan The Man with reverence, an ideal to aspire to. Thats not even close to happening these days.

Bob Dole 05-23-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Royals and Chiefs players visited Bob Dole's grade school in Nevada every year. Was a pretty effective way to recruit fans.