ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274670)

tk13 12-18-2013 08:43 PM

Lex Luthor?

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/wa...an-1200969925/

Quote:

After already reaping notice for his performance in “Her,” Joaquin Phoenix could be working with Warner Bros. again on the studio’s biggest property.

Sources tell Variety that the studio wants the Oscar-nominated actor for a role in the upcoming untitled Batman-Superman pic. However, it’s very early in the process and even if Warners offers Phoenix a role, it’s not clear he would accept as the actor has steered clear of big-budget pics in the past few years, leaning towards movies with a more prestige feel.

Phoenix is also weighing an offer on the Gus Van Sant pic “Sea of Trees” and is believed to still be considering that offer as well.

WB and the actor’s reps had no comment.

Though sources couldn’t confirm what the role is, it’s believed to be for the main antagonist, which is likely to be Lex Luthor. Names like Jason Momoa and Callan Mulvey have been linked to the film but even if those actors are cast, sources are saying that they wouldn’t play the main villain, and that Warners has always wanted someone who would be a slam dunk in the role.

Deberg_1990 12-18-2013 09:26 PM

Phoenix could pretty much do anything. Im down with that.

Gravedigger 12-18-2013 09:43 PM

I know that I'm probably in the minority on this one, but bring back Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. Honestly, he was the best part of Superman Returns. Kevin Spacey is a badass.

Tribal Warfare 12-18-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10292211)
I know that I'm probably in the minority on this one, but bring back Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. Honestly, he was the best part of Superman Returns. Kevin Spacey is a badass.

I'd have no problem with this<mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%& quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_ for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quo t;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&q uot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Bu ffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&q uot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quo t;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:false ,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOn Buffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,& quot;quality&quot;:&quot;hd1080&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:true,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,&quot ;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:true,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&quot; turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

ThaVirus 12-18-2013 09:50 PM

Wait, so who is Walt White playing?

ThaVirus 12-18-2013 09:51 PM

Bryan Cranston. Forgot his name for a sec..

I thought I saw or heard about him somewhere in this thread?

Sure-Oz 12-18-2013 10:05 PM

It was rumored awhile back that he may be Lex. Which was false

Deberg_1990 01-17-2014 08:22 PM

Got bumped to May 2016.

Summer 2015 was getting overcrowded.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/warner-br...n-film-to-2016

Bowser 01-17-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10376013)
Got bumped to May 2016.

Bumped for a Peter Pan movie. Brutal.

Deberg_1990 01-17-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10376066)

No, that's just what they chose to fill its slot.

Sure-Oz 01-17-2014 10:06 PM

There is also a rumor that Affleck has injured his ribs causing a shooting delay by 6 weeks

Deberg_1990 01-17-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10376130)
There is also a rumor that Affleck has injured his ribs causing a shooting delay by 6 weeks

Probably for the best. I don't think they want to compete with Avengers 2.

But now, Marvel will have to decide if they want to move out of the early May spot they have owned for years, or stand fast for an epic battle.

Sure-Oz 01-17-2014 10:21 PM

I agree with you...officially from WB the push back is to improve the story. Either way I really hope they get this movie right

Anyong Bluth 01-17-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10376013)
Got bumped to May 2016.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10376066)

Translation: We got bupkis in terms of a quality script to get this actually filmed in time for post production and editing.

Anyong Bluth 01-17-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10376134)
Probably for the best. I don't think they want to compete with Avengers 2.

But now, Marvel will have to decide if they want to move out of the early May spot they have owned for years, or stand fast for an epic battle.

I imagine they like the early slot and it probably gets a little more publicity for it just because it's sort of the start of summer blockbuster season. (Not that it'd get lost in the media either way )