ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

keg in kc 11-04-2013 08:44 PM

Sounds like a smart move there.

duncan_idaho 11-04-2013 11:42 PM

I want to see this succeed - as its success increases the chances of a Peggy Carter series, which I think would be excellent (Atwell and Whitford could really carry a show off well, I think).

But its a little too tame. Needs to be more of a 9 PM show than a 7 PM show. (CST)

Aries Walker 11-05-2013 07:33 PM

Yeah, so far, the only thing they're really accomplishing is to completely undermine Agent Coulson's character and somehow make him simultaneously boring, annoying, and forgettable.

keg in kc 11-05-2013 11:55 PM

Still didn't feel like it was going much of anywhere tonight.

You know, maybe that's the problem: I don't have a sense of a larger arc behind the scenes, leading to some kind of payoff later. They all feel like one-off episodes. Even the Coulson "mystery" doesn't feel all that interesting anymore.

They need an external threat, some kind of "big bad" to fight.

Silock 11-06-2013 03:46 AM

I actually thought tonight's episode was my favorite so far. Lots of character development between the team members, which I think has been sorely lacking so far.

I didn't think that they undermined Coulson at all tonight. They have just revealed so little of the larger story arc that it has made the whole thing too slow.

journeyscarab 11-06-2013 10:37 AM

It got a little corny at the end with Skye embracing Jemma like a long lost friend. I didnt get the impression they were that close to begin with. The show still feels a little stiff and more like an X-files type show.

siberian khatru 11-06-2013 12:07 PM

I thought the skydiving rescue was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, even for a comic book show. It was like something from "Megaforce."

TheUte 11-06-2013 12:12 PM

Needs to be dirtied up a little, feels like watching a 80's superhero show.

But I will keep watching, really want it to be successful.

journeyscarab 11-06-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10165381)
I thought the skydiving rescue was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, even for a comic book show. It was like something from "Megaforce."

http://www.jabootu.com/images/mfthumb2.jpg

LMAO:LOL:

Aries Walker 11-06-2013 04:33 PM

Hey now, there's nothing wrong with Megaforce. After all, the good guys always win . . . even in the 80's.

siberian khatru 11-06-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10166037)
Hey now, there's nothing wrong with Megaforce. After all, the good guys always win . . . even in the 80's.

You know what's wrong with Megaforce? I paid to see it in the theater ... TWICE.

First time, we didn't know any better.

But the second time, we were there to see The Thing. But my friends and I weren't 17 yet and the theater wouldn't let us see the R-rated movie. The only other movie that was playing at the same time was Megaforce, so we sighed and shrugged and saw it again. We were the only ones in the theater, so we sat there and did a full MST3K treatment of it, before there was an MST3K.

RIP, Hal Needham.

Deberg_1990 11-06-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10166099)
You know what's wrong with Megaforce? I paid to see it in the theater ... TWICE.

First time, we didn't know any better.

But the second time, we were there to see The Thing. But my friends and I weren't 17 yet and the theater wouldn't let us see the R-rated movie. The only other movie that was playing at the same time was Megaforce, so we sighed and shrugged and saw it again. We were the only ones in the theater, so we sat there and did a full MST3K treatment of it, before there was an MST3K.

RIP, Hal Needham.

Hahahah...what a god awful movie. Barry Bostwick looked like he walked straight off the set of Olivia New Johns "Physical"

keg in kc 11-12-2013 08:13 PM

My favorite one so far. The team dynamic is getting better. I think showing a wider scope of SHIELD was good, and setting up/reaffirming what are apparently the metaarcs (Coulson and Skye's history) makes it interesting. Slowly starting to feel like it's coming together.

Bump 11-12-2013 08:20 PM

this show is pretty meh

Arrow on the other hand, now that's a good comic series.

keg in kc 11-12-2013 09:03 PM

Arrow's great. Not sure why more people don't watch.