ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Irrational Fears (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271583)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-30-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9541640)
I have several rational fears but nothing irrational.
I do dislike Clowns, most bugs and snakes of course... I don't know if I'm really afraid of snakes. I mean, one time I was grouse hunting in the sand-hills and I came up on 2 huge rattlers. I blew them away with bird-shot, grabbed my dogs, broke camp and drove 350 miles home and have never hunted that area again.
Ok, maybe I was startled a bit.

Well, come to think about it, one time Lumpy was working in the yard and she dug up a little garden-snake. I grabbed my 10 lb maul-axe and chopped it in several pieces, then threw the remains in the burn barrel, dumped a full container of lighter fluid on it and watched it burn for two days.

Oh then there was the time I had to do community service after kicking the shit out of a thirteen year old for hiding a rubber snake in my mailbox.

Afraid? Nah...

Gonzo dishes out Keyser Soze-style vengeance to snakes. JFC.

Sorter 03-30-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9538980)
I feel like I always leave my door unlocked.

Doing that, and coming home to nothing always freaks me out.

I've headed home (Wichita) gotten on the highway, thought about potentially leaving my door unlocked and came back to check.

Pretty sad really.

This.

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9538980)
I feel like I always leave my door unlocked.

Doing that, and coming home to nothing always freaks me out.

I've headed home (Wichita) gotten on the highway, thought about potentially leaving my door unlocked and came back to check.

Pretty sad really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9541742)
This.

I have a simple solution for you both:

Every time you leave the house and lock the door, say "Locked" out loud. Don't say it to "yourself", in your mind, but out loud.

By doing so, you transfer the action of locking the door while thinking about other things to the gesture of speaking. You'll never question whether or not you've locked your home again.

bevischief 03-30-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9541742)
This.

That's why I have a very loud dog. If you heard Murphy you would shoot first and run. That's what I would do if I heard him.

KurtCobain 03-30-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9541762)

Every time you leave the house and lock the door, say "Locked" out loud. Don't say it to "yourself", in your mind, but out loud.

By doing so, you transfer the action of locking the door while thinking about other things to the gesture of speaking. You'll never question whether or not you've locked your home again.

I can't even remember what I said to the pizza guy 5 minutes ago. No way I remember if I said locked or not.

Sorter 03-30-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9541762)

Will do.

Sorter 03-30-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9541763)
That's why I have a very loud dog. If you heard Murphy you would shoot first and run. That's what I would do if I heard him.

Do you think having a large monitor lizard could work in place of the dog?

How about a serval?

Or dog + monitor + serval?

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9541777)
I can't even remember what I said to the pizza guy 5 minutes ago. No way I remember if I said locked or not.

LMAO

hometeam 03-30-2013 04:39 PM

I'm scared of horses.

Those mother****ers will stomp your shit in a second I swear!

Sorter 03-30-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9541802)
I'm scared of horses.

Pussy.

Horses will obey your every command if you give them enough carrots.

Or kick them hard enough, I guess.

CaliforniaChief 03-30-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9541802)
I'm scared of horses.

Eric Berry approves of this.

bevischief 03-30-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9541789)
Do you think having a large monitor lizard could work in place of the dog?

How about a serval?

Or dog + monitor + serval?

If you heard him most people run he sounds like a 200 pound dog. The contractors won't come in unless I am home. And he is in his kennel.

CaliforniaChief 03-30-2013 04:47 PM

I used to be afraid of the UPS man. True story, when I was a kid I tried to impress my neighbor girl and show her that I was a tough guy, so I flipped off the UPS man.

The next day I went to school and showed up for P.E. The P.E. teacher turns to me and says "The UPS man is looking for you."

I didn't know it at the time, but they were dating and we lived in a small town. OMG

I still prefer Fed Ex, but I don't dive under a desk when the UPS man comes anymore.

Easy 6 03-30-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9541583)
Man you guys ever go noodle or hand frog at night?

Noodling, isnt that where some 70 pound catfish pulls you into a snag and drowns you? yeah no thanks, i'll throw out a line full of stink or cut bait and drink beer shoreside.

Gigging frogs is fun though.

BigMeatballDave 03-30-2013 07:37 PM

Richard Cranium has a fear of black guys...