ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU Greatest accomplishment in the history of sport? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270944)

ArrowheadHawk 03-10-2013 04:31 PM

Enjoy it this year guys. Take a look at your recruiting class for next year. Even TCU did better. Bruce is one hell of a coach. He just can't recruit.

saphojunkie 03-10-2013 04:44 PM

10-0 vs. teams in Texas!

0-2 vs. teams in Kansas.

kstater 03-10-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9483527)
10-0 vs. teams in Texas!
0-2 vs. teams in Kansas.

This is incorrect.

Prison Bitch 03-10-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

10-0 vs. teams in Texas!

0-2 vs. teams in Kansas.

0-2 vs teams from Lawrence, KS

WilliamTheIrish 03-10-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

10-0 vs. teams in Texas!

0-2 vs. teams in Kansas.

We just don't care enough about the sport.

Saulbadguy 03-10-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9483275)
And that is exactly what happened. People didn't go to games in the eras of Altman, Asbury and Wooly. Yet the admin just trotted them out there not giving a ****. I remember so well after Wooly's FIFTH season of not finishing above .500 in conference I quit going and informed the AD I would never go back if they gave him a sixth year. And they STILL gave him another year. The Powertard mantra was : "But Wooly is SO close" to delivering a winner. Which was horseshit.

It's interesting that you posted what you did. Because that kind of thinking is what FINALLY gave impetus to the hiring of Bob Huggins. Obviously you weren't here at the time, but the move was quickly panned by the resident tards.

And he delivered immediately. When he left and Frank was hired I remember the reerun that worked at 610 at the time Mascot, who would then start the Shiver or whatever website, said "you coulda had Mark Fox". Those were great days.

My biggest worry is that Bruceketball will lead KSU back to the bad old days.

I recall myself comparing the Bruce Weber hire to the Charlie Weis hire.

WOOF.

GoHuge 03-10-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9483500)
Enjoy it this year guys. Take a look at your recruiting class for next year. Even TCU did better. Bruce is one hell of a coach. He just can't recruit.

So you're saying we are headed down the road of KU football? You ****ers are silent during football season and only spew your dumbshit during basketball. We were Big XII champs in football and basketball.........something KU hasn't done since 1930. It burns your ass to have to split with what you all consider little brother in the state and conference. Only thing worse would be if it had happened with Mizzou. I'd much rather be at the top of both major sports than have a constant top-10 team in one sport and a 1-11 team that hasn't finished above .500 in conference in over 5 years in the other. Radio's fatass replacement isn't going to change that either.

mikeyis4dcats. 03-10-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9483500)

fine with me. Bruce could take us to the NC 4 years straight, and i still could LIKE him.

Exoter175 03-10-2013 07:58 PM

I'd say the Grand Slam in Golf would probably be the greatest accomplishment in all of sport, probably because you don't have a team to rely on.

In terms of team sports, it is definitely in the top 25 percentile, but nothing near the "greatest".

Prison Bitch 03-10-2013 08:03 PM

It's already been done by Texas and OU in Big 12 play. It's not all that rate or amazing. They need to do something in march. If they go to the FF they will start approaching KU 2008. Unfortunately they already lost their BCS game so even a title in hoops won't match it. Still an impressive year for kstate

Saulbadguy 03-10-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9483970)
It's already been done by Texas and OU in Big 12 play. It's not all that rate or amazing. They need to do something in march. If they go to the FF they will start approaching KU 2008. Unfortunately they already lost their BCS game so even a title in hoops won't match it. Still an impressive year for kstate

A Big XII Football title + Fiesta Bowl Loss > Orange Bowl win + North Division Co-Champ.

And it's not even close.

saphojunkie 03-10-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 9483539)
This is incorrect.

No it's not.

kstater 03-10-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9484004)
No it's not.

2-2 vs teams from Kansas. But it's ok, you're kind of a dumbass.

DeezNutz 03-10-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9483275)
My biggest worry is that Bruceketball will lead KSU back to the bad old days.

Yep. Savor the success and be willing to cut bait quickly when Bruce goes full himself.

Dude is lauded by analysts but mediocre at best when forced to carry his own weight, unless he's a different man now.

Braincase 03-10-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9483996)
A Big XII Football title + Fiesta Bowl Loss > Orange Bowl win + North Division Co-Champ.

And it's not even close.

Orange Bowl Champ + National Championship > Anything KSU has ever accomplished.

Period.

No.

No.

Period.

You have no National Championships.

You have no standing.

STFD, SFTU.

Argument over.

You're dismissed.