ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

RealSNR 03-05-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makjuice (Post 9467345)
lol, he has his opinion on the quarterback and you sound like a giant d-bag just talking about the topic itself... And its funny you call him a bible thumper but if those bible thumpers hate on whatever you believe or dont believe in and laugh at your for thinking you turn into a tree when you die you get all offendedROFL i think if i met u in RL id slap you in the face and then piss on you

Threatening people?

Reported. Get a grip.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467716)
Especially since he opted out of SFO for that exact reason and possibility.

And we're supposed to give a **** because?

Alex Smith left because the new regime found a QB that was better than him and moved on.

If Alex Smith gets pissed because his new team drafts a QB in the first 3 rounds.....then Alex Smith is a pussy and doesn't deserve to be an NFL QB. This entire league is about competition.

Fish 03-05-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9467707)
I still believe there is a chance the Chiefs could take Geno. It depends on the compensation that the Chiefs have agreed to with the 49ers.

If it's truly this year's 2nd+ then i doubt it because they have decided that Alex Smith is the guy. An extension will be coming along with trade. If it's a swap of 2nd or something less then they could very well trade for Alex and draft Geno as a QBoTF.

Alex Smith will NOT be happy if the Chiefs draft a guy in the top 3 rounds though.

Too bad. That's never stopped other teams before. It's time the Chiefs be like that....

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-05-2013 03:54 PM

AR will trade down, get something around #10 and then stock picks, probably get that 2nd rounder back as well

Smith will be the man for a year or two while AR searches for that franchise QB

Mr. Laz 03-05-2013 03:55 PM

If they have traded as much as been rumored than i don't see how they wouldn't follow up with a contract extension. A 1st(basically) and 3rd+ for a Quarterback means he is your guy ... period. I've heard rumors of possibly 4 draft picks being the cost.

You don't trade that much for a 2-year rental.

Mr. Laz 03-05-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9467730)
Too bad. That's never stopped other teams before. It's time the Chiefs be like that....

You don't care if you QB gets pissed at the end of his run with the team, not the beginning.

I know everyone hates the trade etc but if the Chiefs have traded that much for Alex Smith then they aren't going to want him pissed off from Day 1.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467725)
And we're supposed to give a **** because?

Alex Smith left because the new regime found a QB that was better than him and moved on.

If Alex Smith gets pissed because his new team drafts a QB in the first 3 rounds.....then Alex Smith is a pussy and doesn't deserve to be an NFL QB. This entire league is about competition.

I never stated you were to give a "shit".

I stated it made no reason to take Smith for such a high pick and then draft Geno Smith at number 1. You, nor anyone else here, have yet convinced me as to a logical reason this would happen. Sorry.

Bowser 03-05-2013 03:58 PM

Again, Steve McNair sat his first two seasons with the Titans (at least a season and a half), and I'm thinking everyone here would let Geno sit for a season or two if the end result was a Super Bowl berth. There would be no crime in taking Geno. Our QB situation is far worse than our tackle situation, and Dorsey/Reid do seem to understand that you just won't win in this league without a capable QB. Unfortunately for Alex Smith, he doesn't seem to be quite so durable. The Chiefs need quarterback upgrades in the worst way. Hell, I wouldn't be against them beinging in Matt Moore while drafting Geno, and let Geno ride third string this year.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9467745)
You don't care if you QB gets pissed at the end of his run with the team, not the beginning.

Evidently many here believe that is just what you do.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9467738)
If they have traded as much as been rumored than i don't see how they wouldn't follow up with a contract extension. A 1st(basically) and 3rd+ for a Quarterback means he is your guy ... period. I've heard rumors of possibly 4 draft picks being the cost.

You don't trade that much for a 2-year rental.

1. We don't know exactly WHAT the compensation is.
2. You realistically can trade that for Alex Smith and let him play out the remainder of his 2 years. He hasn't proven shit and he's moving to an offense where he's going to be asked to do a lot more than he did in SF. Giving him a contract extension would be on the Cassel level of stupid.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467746)

I stated it made no reason to take Smith for such a high pick and then draft Geno Smith at number 1. You, nor anyone else here, have yet convinced me as to a logical reason this would happen. Sorry.

And it doesn't matter because you've already made up your mind. Nothing ANYONE says...no matter how logical it is....is going to make you change your mind.

FFS.....you thought the Browns should trade up for a LT.

Bowser 03-05-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467746)

What other position on this team deserves more attention than quarterback at this point in time?

I couldn't care less if they used our first four picks on QB's int he draft. You absolutely, positively will NOT win in the NFL without AT LEAST above average play at the QB position.

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-05-2013 04:02 PM

in any case, there is very little reason left to pay dearly for Geno

at minimum, you can trade down and try to grab him later if he is still there, if he isn't then you go with Smith and stock draft picks and look to upgrade QB later on

The Franchise 03-05-2013 04:03 PM

IF this front office takes a QB at 1.1 (be in Barkley or Geno Smith)....you're going to see 2 things.

1. Andy Reid will public ally declare that Alex Smith is his starting QB.
2. Geno/Barkley will not come off the bench at any time during that first season (barring an injury or an 0-16 season).

RealSNR 03-05-2013 04:03 PM

I can see it happening.

The people arguing for why Geno at #1 to the Chiefs is still a conceivable and perhaps even logical pick are gonna get labeled dumbasses who believe that's what the Chiefs will do.

I just want to reiterate this right now: I don't believe there are more than a handful of people who believe Geno in a Chiefs uniform after the draft is very likely at all. But it's a possibility, and that's what we talk about on football forums.

If all we ever did was talk about shit that was likely or predictable, this would be Warpaint Forum, Arrowhead Addict, or one of those other shitty boards where fans don't have real opinions. They just sit back and say, "It's not my decision, let's just wait and see."