ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: drafting Geno now? Almost as big a coup as getting Montana in 93 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270738)

Mecca 03-05-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9466088)
True but Hali is a guy we need.

Hali has a huge contract and is 29 or 30..he's about done.

penbrook 03-05-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9466087)
I'm sure he'd be fine as a 2 down thumper ILB that doesn't play in passing downs.

Or Brad Jones from Green Bay he is a guy who I want here.

saphojunkie 03-05-2013 12:37 AM

I really hope we land Nico Johnson in the third or fourth round. I think he's absolutely perfect for this defense and is the quintessential value pick.

RealSNR 03-05-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9466082)
Why are The Planet & KK saying Geno is the next combo of Manning/Brady/RGIII while the rest of the NFL draft experts are saying there are no great QB prospects?

Here we ****ing go again.

Nobody said that. Ever. Quit making shit up.

penbrook 03-05-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9466090)

Name me somebody right now who is better than Hali who plays his position and is on the open market.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9466073)
I think (potentially) aggressively moving your 1, your 2 and maybe next year's 2 to give your team a brand new QB depth chart of everybody's dream option of a steady-ish vet and a high-upside youngster, would be a phenomenal coup for the Chiefs.

It would mean they landed the best veteran QB on the market in Smith, and the best rookie QB on the market in Geno.

This franchise needs a sea change, much like Herm's sea change in 2006 when he declared a turn away from veterans and a turn towards the NFL Draft and a youth revolution. That revolution still guides this team to this day.

I think Reid's game, should he actually pull this off, could guide future decisions for this franchise for a couple decades, and finally snap the castoff curse.

No. No, no, no, no, no.

Joe Montana was a proven 4 time Super Bowl winning QB. He was the best of a generation and maybe the best of all time. After the Chiefs tried DeBerg, Krieg, Elkins and Blundin, this was a move to put them at the head of the class of the AFC and bring home a championship.

Now, if the Chiefs had acquired Peyton Manning, that comparison would be valid. If the Chiefs had acquired Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning or Tom Brady, those comparisons would be valid.

But Alex Smith? Geno Smith?

LMAO

Alex Smith is a stop gap QB that brings experience as a starter. Geno Smith is an unproven rookie.

Smith and Smith do not equal, in any way, shape or form, Joe Montana.

No.

BossChief 03-05-2013 12:39 AM

Let's say they restructure Jackson and bring in Jenkins or Canty...sign a vet corner.

It should be interesting to see what Baldwin does, going forward, too.

Mecca 03-05-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9466094)
Name me somebody right now who is better than Hali who plays his position and is on the open market.

Not really on the open market but if you draft Dion Jordan it's an indication you're getting ready to move on.

saphojunkie 03-05-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9466090)

I'm really tired of this misconception that age 30 is a cutoff for all NFL players.

Look, people. The 30 year old thing was for RUNNING BACKS. Somehow, over the past couple of years, people have started using that on every position in the NFL. Any player 30 years old is "washed up" or "almost done."

It's not true, it's not accurate, and it's really myopic.

Direckshun 03-05-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9466095)
No. No, no, no, no, no.

Joe Montana was a proven 4 time Super Bowl winning QB. He was the best of a generation and maybe the best of all time. After the Chiefs tried DeBerg, Krieg, Elkins and Blundin, this was a move to put them at the head of the class of the AFC and bring home a championship.

Now, if the Chiefs had acquired Peyton Manning, that comparison would be valid. If the Chiefs had acquired Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning or Tom Brady, those comparisons would be valid.

But Alex Smith? Geno Smith?

LMAO

Alex Smith is a stop gap QB that brings experience as a starter. Geno Smith is an unproven rookie.

Smith and Smith do not equal, in any way, shape or form, Joe Montana.

No.

Fair enough.

penbrook 03-05-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9466097)
Let's say they restructure Jackson and bring in Jenkins or Canty...sign a vet corner.

It should be interesting to see what Baldwin does, going forward, too.

Baldwin could move to tight end and you bring in a brian hartline.

Just Passin' By 03-05-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9466087)
I'm sure he'd be fine as a 2 down thumper ILB that doesn't play in passing downs.

He's not a good player. The Chiefs are better off waiting until more ILBs shake loose. Given the cap situations this year, there should be a few worth bringing in.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9466093)
Here we ****ing go again.

Nobody said that. Ever. Quit making shit up.

Direckshun believes that Alex Smith and Geno Smith equals the Joe Montana acquisition.

So yes, people are saying a LOT of stupid shit.

penbrook 03-05-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9466101)
I'm really tired of this misconception that age 30 is a cutoff for all NFL players.

Look, people. The 30 year old thing was for RUNNING BACKS. Somehow, over the past couple of years, people have started using that on every position in the NFL. Any player 30 years old is "washed up" or "almost done."

Thank You. Derrick Johnson hes over 30 and he doesnt suck.

Yes Dion Jordan could be interesting but as of right now Hali is better.

Mecca 03-05-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9466101)

He did have lowered production last year.