ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New-Look Chiefs Turning Attention to NFL Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268935)

okcchief 01-15-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9321903)
Yes because of 30 years of not drafting a QBotf for thirty years has worked so well for us. I wouldn't be as up set if we draft Barkley or Wilson but stilll pissed off if we don't draft a QB with our first pick.

Believe me, I'm hoping Geno separates himself in the combine. I'm going to judge the draft as a whole though, not just the first pick. They could make another move or have a QB drop to rd 2 we'd all be happy with. As long as its Cassel or Quinn next year I'll trust their judgement. I have seen enough of those **** heads in this town.

I agree though, for once we need to groom a QB.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9322653)
When are you and Mecca going to go to work on an NFL team so they can get the benefit of your drafturbator genius?

How about never?

Why the **** would I want to give my cushy life to leave my family, scout and spend 40 weeks on the road each year?

That fish in your avatar is smarter than you.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9322712)
That is sig worthy

And no where did he state that said QB must be taken #1 overall or even from the draft itself.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9322739)
That's like saying ***** didn't have full control of the Chiefs. ***** had more say than just GM duties. Banner was running the Eagles even if he didn't have the GM title.

He wrote contracts...that's it

Prison Bitch 01-15-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9321903)
Yes because of 30 years of not drafting a QBotf for thirty years has worked so well for us. I wouldn't be as up set if we draft Barkley or Wilson but stilll pissed off if we don't draft a QB with our first pick.

Of course, when we did 30 years ago we drafted Blackledge.

RustShack 01-15-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322854)
He wrote contracts...that's it

Lol think what you want. But I'll believe people in the know over you.

BossChief 01-15-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9322807)
And no where did he state that said QB must be taken #1 overall or even from the draft itself.

He has said repeatedly that he will build this team through the draft.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9322891)
Lol think what you want. But I'll believe people in the know over you.

Oh, you know somebody who knows somebody, who's sister once met a guy who knew this guy who knew someone who know somebody in the know?

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9322959)
He has said repeatedly that he will build this team through the draft.

And Green Bay traded for Favre.

I just wouldn't get too worked up about anything until after the draft actually happens.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9322807)

Reid is known for due diligence in the QB process. He followed Kolb all the way back to HS for example. I think that whoever you guys get, I wouldn't be disappointed.

munkey 01-15-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9322639)
I just want an actual list of Geno Smith's faults along with some actual evidence of said faults. 'Cause the ones everyone throws around ain't on the screen. If there are some legit issues, I wanna see 'em.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I'm seriously beginning to wonder if there's some other reason people don't like him...

I know nothing about him... That should tell you something...IMO he's not a #1 draft pick...

Dylan 01-15-2013 10:57 PM

Draft Picks of the Andy Reid Era

QB Donovan McNabb 1st round
RB Brian Westbrook 3rd round
DE Trent Cole, 5th round
WR DeSean Jackson 2nd round
CB Sheldon Brown 2nd round
TE Brent Celek 5th round
CB Lito Sheppard 1st round
WR Jason Avant 4th round
LB Stewart Bradley 3rd round
G Shawn Andrews 1st round
OL Todd Herremans 4th round
SS Michael Lewis 2nd round
DT Mike Patterson 1st round
DT Brodrick Bunkley 1st round (solid player)
RB Correll Buckhalter 4th round (played behind Brian Westbrook)
RB LeSean McCoy 2nd round
DT Corey Simon 1st round
QB Kevin Kolb 2nd round
RT Winston Justice 2nd round
QB A.J. Feeley 5th round (4-1 record after McNabb was injured. Traded to Miami for 2nd round pick)
DE Derrick Burgess 3rd round
FB Cecil Martin 6th round
WR Jeremy Macklin 1st round
TE L.J. Smith 2nd round
LB Omar Gaither 5th round

what happened to the new Eagles' members? They left?

good riddance!

j/k

munkey 01-15-2013 10:57 PM

****ing Genobators just can't handle the truth....he's not the #1 pick of the draft...#1 QB? Maybe...not #1 pick...

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9322997)
Draft Picks of the Andy Reid Era

what happened to the new Eagles' members? They left?

good riddance!

j/k

right here scro!!!:)

keg in kc 01-15-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9322974)
And Green Bay traded for Favre.

Which still has to be one of the strangest trades in NFL history. Atlanta drafts a QB the head coach doesn't want. The Jets, where Wolf worked at the time, supposedly would have taken him with the pick right after the Falcons, so the next year as the new Green Bay GM, he trades the Packers first round pick for him. A year after Favre'd played five whole snaps, highlighted by a sack and two INTs (one returned for a TD). And the medical staff told Wolf not to sign him.

That would basically be like us trading for Brock Osweiler in April. Can you imagine the reaction? It would be amazing to behold.