ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 11:34 PM

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UAziJrTbBj0

Quote:

But Chiefs GM Scott Pioli said Friday that Orton and the team have mutual interest in reuniting.

"We've talked to Kyle's people. It sounds like Kyle would like to be with us. We've told Kyle we'd like to continue to work with him. Now it's just a matter of seeing if things arrive at the right place," said Pioli,
They flat out lowballed him.

http://m.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/ma...un-at-manning/

Quote:

"We made it abundantly clear to Kyle before he left for the offseason — and when the offseason started — that we would like to have him back and have him in this situation," Pioli said.

Instead, Orton agreed to a three-year deal with the Cowboys.

"I can't speak for Kyle in saying why he chose that situation," Pioli said, "but I know it was one heck of a contract he received. A very, very generous contract, which he earned."

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760675)
Because we didn't adjust to the way Oakland was attacking FGs.

And where is Steve Hoffman these days?

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760656)
Todd Haley was the worst game day coach I can recall seeing in my years as a Chiefs fan. He made idiotic decisions week in and week out, whether it was playcalling, personnel groups, calling out his players, etc.

The only thing that Todd Haley did well in Kansas City was to get the players in shape and for that, I think he'd make a fine Strength and Conditioning coach.

Father covering for his son, who by the way, pulled the strings to get the son hired in Pittsburgh.

Touche.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760686)
The flat out lowballed him.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...llas-tony-romo

You didn’t want to go somewhere where you had a chance of competing to be the starter?

"Well I’ve kind of been in that situation the last three or four years just going into camp and competing. To be honest with you I don’t think that situation has worked for me. I don’t think it’s worked out for the club. I think you need to know who your guy is going to be going right into the season and backing that guy. I don’t think that’s been the situation that I have been in and I really didn’t want to get into that situation again. I’m fine with knowing my role as the backup on this team. I am going to be the best backup I can and support Tony [Romo] any way that I can."

------------------

Yeah, it really sounds like he wanted a starting job in the NFL.

:rolleyes:

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 11:39 PM

Sounds to me like he wanted the Chiefs to pay him starter money to be the starter, and didn't want any part of competing with another piece of shit QB.

If the other option was Cassel, why not?

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760697)
Sounds to me like he wanted the Chiefs to pay him starter money to be the starter, and didn't want any part of competing with another piece of shit QB.

If the other option was Cassel, why not?

And it sounds to me like he either wanted the starting job handed to him or he'd go elsewhere to be a back up. Pioli likely told him he had to compete for the job and Orton said "Adios, Muchacho".

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760699)
And it sounds to me like he either wanted the starting job handed to him or he'd go elsewhere to be a back up. Pioli likely told him he had to compete for the job and Orton said "Adios, Muchacho".

And I don't blame him.

Pioli will regret the decision. But there's no doubt his ego couldn't take being told what was up by Kyle Orton.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760704)
And I don't blame him.

Pioli will regret the decision. But there's no doubt his ego couldn't take being told what was up by Kyle Orton.

It's clear that Kyle Orton didn't want to compete for a starting NFL job. That being the case, I'm happy Pioli didn't sign him.

Titty Meat 07-22-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760672)
Why don't you point out the "bad" decisions instead of acting like nit-picky woman?

A nit-picky woman? Lame.

For starters 11 penalties for 88 yards for what all intents and purposes was a playoff game.

2 blocked field goals. The 2nd one we didn't adjust despite Seymor getting penetration all day IIRC he almost blocked another one.

Going for it on 4th down in our own territory on 4th down with plenty of time left in the game.

The overall game was just sloppy go back and read the game day thread. Some of the very knowledgeable posters said that was one of the sloppiest coached games they've ever seen.

You mentioned Orton threw for 300 yards and this important to point out: Cassel doesn't have the ability to throw for 300 yards in a game. Crennel barely won those 2 games and easily would have gone 0-3 with Cassel. He was hired not because he gives the team the best chance at winning a super bowl. He was hired because he's familiar with Scott Pioli who didn't want to take a chance because another losing season or 2 and he's canned.

The overall talent might be better but as far as the QB position it's just as bad if not worse than it was in Cleveland.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
It's clear that Kyle Orton didn't want to compete for a starting NFL job. That being the case, I'm happy Pioli didn't sign him.

Me too, to be honest.

Pioli has done a fine job of positioning a toaster next to his bathtub.

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 11:52 PM

Dane vs toad = batman vs joker. An unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.
:popcorn:

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 11:55 PM

Some men just want to watch Chiefsplanet burn.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760709)
For starters 11 penalties for 88 yards for what all intents and purposes was a playoff game.

First off, the team competed far more under Crennel than they did under Haley. That much was evident by the naked eye.

Secondly, I don't think that any reasonable person would expect immediate miracles, especially when the roster still consisted of Jackie Battle, Barry Richardson, Kyle Orton, Sabby Piscatelli, etc. and so on.

Quote:

2 blocked field goals. The 2nd one we didn't adjust despite Seymor getting penetration all day IIRC he almost blocked another one.

If you want to blame someone, blame Steve Hoffman. BTW, he was fired.

Quote:

Going for it on 4th down in our own territory on 4th down with plenty of time left in the game.

So it's GREAT when Haley does it (oh, he's so daring) but when Crennel does it, it's a bad decision? Bullshit. When going for it on fourth down works, the coach is a genius. When it doesn't, he's an imbecile.

Quote:

The overall game was just sloppy go back and read the game day thread.

Is that what you just did?

Quote:

The overall talent might be better but as far as the QB position it's just as bad if not worse than it was in Cleveland.

Laughable. Just ****ing laughable.

Name ONE season in Cleveland where Crennel had a defense as talented as the Chiefs. Cleveland has NEVER had perimeter weapons like Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Moeaki and Boss simultaneously, along with a running back like Charles.

The Browns and Chiefs may be equal in terms of QB suckage during Crennel's tenure, but that's about the only parallel that should be drawn.

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760718)
Some men just want to watch Chiefsplanet burn.

LMAO

lcarus 07-22-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760707)

It's kind of odd. Orton had to have known he could beat out Cassel for the starting job right? Unless he was led to believe Cassel would be the starter no matter what. In which case he'd rather backup a QB that actually deserved to be a starter.

Either that, or he doesn't give a shit about being a starter or competing for a starting gig, in which case, **** Kyle Orton.