ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Killer apps for Android? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237705)

vailpass 06-03-2011 10:30 AM

Just dl'ed App 2 SD to clean out the cache on my apps. I had 2.6 meg of cache just in my apps, cleaned it all out. Can also move apps to SD care with this app.
Anyone used App 2 SD/know anything aobut it?

Huffmeister 06-03-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7676528)
Just dl'ed App 2 SD to clean out the cache on my apps. I had 2.6 meg of cache just in my apps, cleaned it all out. Can also move apps to SD care with this app.
Anyone used App 2 SD/know anything aobut it?

Yeah, it's a nice little app. I run it every time I get a warning message about low storage space (usually while installing something else). It shows you an overview of all the apps that you can move to the SD card. When you select an app, it takes you to the stock 'Application' page for that app, and you have to push the button there to actually move it to the SD card. So before you choose "Move all apps", be sure that you're ready to sit there and hit "Move to SD card" for all of the apps in the list.

vailpass 06-03-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7676691)
Yeah, it's a nice little app. I run it every time I get a warning message about low storage space (usually while installing something else). It shows you an overview of all the apps that you can move to the SD card. When you select an app, it takes you to the stock 'Application' page for that app, and you have to push the button there to actually move it to the SD card. So before you choose "Move all apps", be sure that you're ready to sit there and hit "Move to SD card" for all of the apps in the list.

I got it mainly for the cache cleaner but the app mover will probably be handy.
Am I reading it right, do the icons for apps you move to the SD card dissapear?

Huffmeister 06-03-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7676784)
I got it mainly for the cache cleaner but the app mover will probably be handy.
Am I reading it right, do the icons for apps you move to the SD card dissapear?

Do you mean 'do they disappear from the list of icons inside the App2SD app'? If so, then yes. The App2SD app has three 'pages':

MOVABLE - Shows the apps on your phone that you can move to the SD card.
ON SD CARD - Shows the apps that are already on your SD card.
PHONE ONLY - Shows the apps that can only be run while on your phone (in other words, you can't move these apps to the SD card).

So as you move apps to your SD card, the app icon disappears from the MOVABLE tab and appears on the ON SD CARD tab.

If you mean 'do they disappear from my phone', then no. When you store apps on the SD card, they are still considered installed on your phone and you can still run them. If you go to the 'all apps' page, they should still show up.

vailpass 06-03-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7676858)
Do you mean 'do they disappear from the list of icons inside the App2SD app'? If so, then yes. The App2SD app has three 'pages':

MOVABLE - Shows the apps on your phone that you can move to the SD card.
ON SD CARD - Shows the apps that are already on your SD card.
PHONE ONLY - Shows the apps that can only be run while on your phone (in other words, you can't move these apps to the SD card).

So as you move apps to your SD card, the app icon disappears from the MOVABLE tab and appears on the ON SD CARD tab.

If you mean 'do they disappear from my phone', then no. When you store apps on the SD card, they are still considered installed on your phone and you can still run them. If you go to the 'all apps' page, they should still show up.

Thank you for the explanation. It is app shortcuts that dissapear from the home screen after you move the app to SD. The description says it is a limitation of the Android system. Still a solid app.

Huffmeister 06-03-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7676894)
Thank you for the explanation. It is app shortcuts that dissapear from the home screen after you move the app to SD. The description says it is a limitation of the Android system. Still a solid app.

That's strange. I just added Google Earth to my home screen and then moved the app to the SD card and it was still on my home screen.

vailpass 06-03-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7676976)
That's strange. I just added Google Earth to my home screen and then moved the app to the SD card and it was still on my home screen.

Good to know. Maybe that instruction is out dated or for a different phone?

nstygma 06-03-2011 03:21 PM

most custom roms have the apps2sd functionality built in, and i never had icons disappear.
i now use the built in apps2ext though... the recovery i use has an option to create an ext4 partition and i think it works smoother with it

vailpass 06-03-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 7677061)
most custom roms have the apps2sd functionality built in, and i never had icons disappear.
i now use the built in apps2ext though... the recovery i use has an option to create an ext4 partition and i think it works smoother with it

Yeah, I'm not rooted yet.

rocknrolla 06-04-2011 07:08 PM

Office jerk is my favorite time killer now. Pointless, but fun game.

BigMeatballDave 06-30-2011 11:34 PM

Doodle Fit is quite addictive.

jiveturkey 07-03-2011 03:51 PM

Does anyone know of an app that treats bluetooth like wifi? My wifi only comes on when I'm at home.

I'd like it if my bluetooth to only kicked on when I was in my car.

SLAG 07-03-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 7728492)
Does anyone know of an app that treats bluetooth like wifi? My wifi only comes on when I'm at home.

I'd like it if my bluetooth to only kicked on when I was in my car.

There are a few apps that can do that for you..
The one that comes to mind first is called locale
Sent via tapatalk from the EVO 4G

KevB 07-03-2011 06:14 PM

Go look up Tasker. It does that and so much more.

Pants 08-03-2011 10:18 AM

Netflix is officially official on 2.3 - been watching it all day today on my EVO3D.