ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Otter 04-05-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 4656270)
Revolver-can anyone tell what the fug this movie was about??

There's some kind of underlying philosophy to this film that I missed and I just haven't been bored enough to watch it again to try and figure it out.

The main character had some sort of duel personality disorder (think Fight Club) but I'm still confused as to many other points in the film.

If you noticed early in the film when he was in prison all the other cells were empty so I'm pretty sure that part is all in his head as well which leaves open the question 'what the hell is real what's imagined'?

I think one would have to dissect the film to figure out what's real and what isn't for it to make sense. I understand exactly where you're coming from in WTF?

Sully 04-05-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 4658870)
Went and seen 21. Was pleased with it. Decent movie throughout.

This will be a good DVD'er if you want to wait.

Saw it last week. It strays from the book so far I'm not even sure how they can call it an adaptation. I mean it goes ridiculously far out of the book's storyline. If it were just a stand alone movie, I think I'd have liked it better, but having just read the book a few months back I was just annoyed the whole time. Although Kate Bosworth doesn't make your eyes hurt, too bad.

irishjayhawk 04-05-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 4667780)
Saw it last week. It strays from the book so far I'm not even sure how they can call it an adaptation. I mean it goes ridiculously far out of the book's storyline. If it were just a stand alone movie, I think I'd have liked it better, but having just read the book a few months back I was just annoyed the whole time. Although Kate Bosworth doesn't make your eyes hurt, too bad.

ROFL

That's me and I Am Legend. Can't even consider it an adaptation.

KCChiefsMan 04-13-2008 10:54 PM

Just came back from seeing Street Kings, it was ok. Nothing great though, typical bad cop movie I guess.

irishjayhawk 04-14-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4683208)
Just came back from seeing Street Kings, it was ok. Nothing great though, typical bad cop movie I guess.

It had Mr. Reeves. What did you expect? :p

I really want Pride and Glory to get a release date. Damn New Line!

KCChiefsMan 04-14-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4683897)
It had Mr. Reeves. What did you expect? :p

I really want Pride and Glory to get a release date. Damn New Line!

I didn't really expect anything, I never even heard of it. My buddy really wanted to see it for some reason so I went with him. But I did catch a preview for Righteous Kill and that looks pretty sweet! I will definately be seeing that

Frazod 04-14-2008 02:23 PM

I watched Sweeney Todd over the weekend. Yes, it's a musical (and no, you can't have my man card), but it's about a serial killer whose victims are ground into pie filling and served to unsuspecting diners. By Tim Burton at his twisted best. Very bloody. I really enjoyed it.

Sure-Oz 04-14-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4683954)
I watched Sweeney Todd over the weekend. Yes, it's a musical (and no, you can't have my man card), but it's about a serial killer whose victims are ground into pie filling and served to unsuspecting diners. By Tim Burton at his twisted best. Very bloody. I really enjoyed it.

I liked it but probably will never watch it again....i also saw the mist, pretty good ending

Frazod 04-14-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4684005)
I liked it but probably will never watch it again....i also saw the mist, pretty good ending

Yeah, I doubt if I add it to the collection. The wife couldn't even get past the opening credits. :D

irishjayhawk 04-14-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4684005)

I had a pretty good (in my humble opinion) defense of the Mist on here somewhere.

Superb ending and pretty good movie despite the "cheesy" monsters people like to talk about.

Sure-Oz 04-14-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4684128)
I had a pretty good (in my humble opinion) defense of the Mist on here somewhere.

Superb ending and pretty good movie despite the "cheesy" monsters people like to talk about.

Supposedly its better in black and white, but i never saw that...

THe monsters were pretty ****ed up and not much of a plot on how the monsters came about, except for a hint. It was a good rent

Sure-Oz 04-14-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4684044)
Yeah, I doubt if I add it to the collection. The wife couldn't even get past the opening credits. :D

I only saw it cause i like some of Depp's films and thought why not. It was better than Rent which i was forced to go to

noa 04-14-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4684373)
It was better than Rent which i was forced to go to

I feel your pain.

Delano 04-14-2008 08:04 PM

I rented There Will Be Blood and Sweeney Todd five days ago and still have not watched either in their entirety.

Caught the first 30 minutes of TWBB, but fell asleep after a LONG weekend. Loved what I saw.

kcxiv 04-14-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4684372)
Supposedly its better in black and white, but i never saw that...

THe monsters were pretty ****ed up and not much of a plot on how the monsters came about, except for a hint. It was a good rent

The Mist was all about how people would react in a situation like that. I think they nailed it spot on. I couldnt beleive the ending. I was in awe .