ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Tamba Hali? MOTHER F*** you CARL!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139909)

ChiefsFanatic 04-30-2006 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42
You know what, we needed a pass rusher. This guy is a good one. Pass defense begins and ends with the rush. I swear we could of drafted Jesus Christ himself and some of you would complain that we took him too soon. It is what it is, and I think we took a very safe, solid pick at #20.

There was a reason that most draft insiders had him slotted to go in the second round.

|Zach| 04-30-2006 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic
There was a reason that most draft insiders had him slotted to go in the second round.

I imagine it was the empirical nature of the draft.

Rausch 04-30-2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

And there's a reason that gal in your avatar is still on the show.
Boobies and blowjob fantasies.

While I hate the pick I'm not going to give a fat frog's ass what "insiders" thought about it...

Rausch 04-30-2006 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
I imagine it was the empirical nature of the draft.

ROFL

kaplin42 04-30-2006 02:20 AM

Quote:

They also said Reggie Bush would be pick #1. Any before 9:15 A.M. PST on draft day is nothing but speculation. This was a solid pick. It gives offenses someone else to worry about other than J. Allen. I don't care what any of you nay sayers say, this could help us in a major way.

|Zach| 04-30-2006 02:23 AM

But the Insider's said...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/image...8/7245_512.jpg

ChiefsFanatic 04-30-2006 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42
They also said Reggie Bush would be pick #1. Any before 9:15 A.M. PST on draft day is nothing but speculation. This was a solid pick. It gives offenses someone else to worry about other than J. Allen. I don't care what any of you nay sayers say, this could help us in a major way.

I really do hope that he becomes a great player. I only saw him in college a couple of times, and on the NFL network. I just didn't see a first round draft pick. But I am obviously no expert.

I love the Chiefs, and desperately want them to win a SB before I die. With CP as the GM, that will never happen. [Please Carl, make me eat those words.]

Rausch 04-30-2006 02:29 AM

My problem is with his strength. He gets mauled vs. anyone with a big body.

Against the best in the senior work outs he looked like TP vs. Tequilla shits...

kaplin42 04-30-2006 02:32 AM

Quote:

I really do hope that he becomes a great player. I only saw him in college a couple of times, and on the NFL network. I just didn't see a first round draft pick. But I am obviously no expert.

I love the Chiefs, and desperately want them to win a SB before I die. With CP as the GM, that will never happen. [Please Carl, make me eat those words.]

This I can't help but agree with you on. But I think rnd 1 and rnd 2 were good picks, and filled holes that needed filling desperately.

All I want for is for the offense to hold on one more year, and for once our defense to stand up for themselves. Tired of a pansy ass defense that no one respects. Maybe Hali and Allen become one of the most feared DE duos in the league with a LB crew to back them up, assuming Bell realises that he is playing football and decides to do something about it.

tk13 04-30-2006 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
My problem is with his strength. He gets mauled vs. anyone with a big body.

Against the best in the senior work outs he looked like TP vs. Tequilla shits...

You can increase strength. You can't increase intensity.

Sure-Oz 04-30-2006 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13

Exactly, this kid sounds like he has a real good head on his shoulders, he can gain more muscle and become a badass, esp since his head seems to be in the right place. He isn't a lazy jerkoff like some Dlineman we know.

Rausch 04-30-2006 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13

Your 1st round pick should be a luxury car.

You should be able to sit down, relax, and be comfortable.

I don't feel that way.

kregger 04-30-2006 02:40 AM

let's see how he practices against Roaf before we write his NFL obit.

Rausch 04-30-2006 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kregger
let's see how he-

Seems fair...

tk13 04-30-2006 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Your 1st round pick should be a luxury car.

You should be able to sit down, relax, and be comfortable.

I don't feel that way.

I don't know about that... not how far down we picked. Heck, a lot of people wanted Cromartie... he went the pick before ours, and he is 10 times the project Hali is. I actually thought that's what this pick was, the most safe and comfortable pick. Not a Cromartie who still just needs reps, to a guy like Lawson who only weighs 240. I think Hali was a very "safe" pick.