ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

jiveturkey 07-19-2014 02:14 PM

I don't think that I like the warlock. I played the alpha with a Titan and life was a lot easier.

Quesadilla Joe 07-19-2014 07:18 PM

Did anyone take part in that Iron Banner thing earlier today? Was just curious as to what you get for doing it.

Shogun 07-19-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10754832)
Partnered up with some random kid and he showed me showed me a bunch of loot boxes we also knocked out all of the earth missions. I really wish that I could carry more sniper ammo (it has the flame icon).

I buy the shit out of ammo replenishes in the tower

keg in kc 07-20-2014 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10755228)
Did anyone take part in that Iron Banner thing earlier today? Was just curious as to what you get for doing it.

I was online at the time but didn't do it. There were several new bounties and the door behind the bounty droid opened up, giving access to a vendor with the typical high level purples (saw armor, a machine gun and class items when I looked on my titan). The loot seemed broken in the matches themselves judging by reddit at the time. Purple weapons and a legendary ship skin dropped, seemingly randomly. The crucible mode itself looks brutal, as level advantages are unlocked. Didn't seem like a good time for my first sojourn into the crucible.

Shogun 07-20-2014 12:40 AM

btw. Iron Banner again tomorrow at 2 and 7 pm

keg in kc 07-20-2014 04:57 AM

Just finished my first successful gold tier public event. Defended a warsat with 3 or 4 other folks. Turns out there's actually a daily reward for finishing them, as I later received a in-game mail with 2 vanguard marks and 2 rare glass shards.

Valiant 07-20-2014 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10753492)
I've only played 6 of them for thousands of hours in the last 15 years. Definitely no idea what mmo means.

(I'm referring more to style of game, however - this seems to me to be heavily influenced by them).

I Gotch ya on rpgs elements. Just rattling your chain.

Pants 07-20-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10755636)
Just finished my first successful gold tier public event. Defended a warsat with 3 or 4 other folks. Turns out there's actually a daily reward for finishing them, as I later received a in-game mail with 2 vanguard marks and 2 rare glass shards.

Doesn't sound like an MMO at all. ;)

jiveturkey 07-20-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10755587)
I buy the shit out of ammo replenishes in the tower

I've always wondered how those work. I'll give it try this afternoon when I go to the moon.

keg in kc 07-20-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10754832)
Partnered up with some random kid and he showed me showed me a bunch of loot boxes we also knocked out all of the earth missions. I really wish that I could carry more sniper ammo (it has the flame icon).

I think the flame icon you're seeing's probably attached to the weapon, rather than the ammo. Ammo is generic, so every special weapon (shotguns, fusion rifles, sniper rifles) uses the same green special ammo. Weapons (all types, primary, special or heavy), on the other hand, can be void damage (purple swirly icon), arc damage (blue) or solar damage (flame). I assume we'll eventually figure out that different enemy types are strong/weak to certain damage types.

I discovered this morning that while changing special or heavy weapon types (i.e. swapping from shotgun to sniper rifle) will deplete your special or heavy ammo, which makes it rather difficult to swap weapon types on the fly, changing weapons of the same type doesn't. At least I switched shotguns on the fly with my titan and the new shotgun was still fully loaded.

jiveturkey 07-20-2014 04:59 PM

Why are they showing us the moon if we can't go there? And I'm terrible at the multi-player.

GoShox 07-20-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 10752851)
I'll take one.

Check your PM, although I'm not sure if the key is gonna work or not.

Iron Banner is up again in about an hour, I've been having a lot of fun with PvP. If you guys are competitive like me and wanna see how you stack up to others, this leaderboard is pretty nice: http://destinytracker.com/destiny/le...?grouped=false

I sorted it by combat rating as I think that's the best way to do it but there's a bunch of other stats you can use.

Mother****erJones 07-20-2014 06:51 PM

Multiplayer is cheap because of the warlocks. Their grenades are horseshit and cheap.

I still like it though. Love the game overall can't wait to play full game

007 07-20-2014 06:57 PM

well as usual. I ****ing suck at multiplayer. glad I'll have some of you to play coop with.

GoShox 07-20-2014 06:58 PM

I'm really bad too but if anyone wants to do some Iron Banner tonight when it opens at 9 CST, I'm in. OnlyInDreams23 is my PSN name