ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football **** you guys saying taking a QB in the first solves everything (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285918)

Just Passin' By 08-25-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10848511)
Wow, wrong 1 time in 4. If I won Megalotto 3 times in 4, what a poor man I would be!

First, this isn't Megalotto.

Second, it's not wrong 1 time in 4. Go look at the guys who weren't drafted in round 1 and then add in the quys who won for different teams (In other words, add the Bradys to the likes of Dawson, Plunkett and company), and you're wrong more than half the time.

Kaepernick 08-25-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10848552)
OK, how about Maddox and the Steelers, or Hasselbeck and the Seahawks or Warren Moon and Houston?

How about your beloved Niners and Jeff Garcia? I mean, Garcia was a bright and shinning moment in a rather lousy time for the Niners franchise.

How about the faiders and Jim Plunkett?

I do agree that the most probably way of consistently winning is to draft and develope a franchise QB, but your blanket statement that finding a FA QB or bringing in a vet QB does not work is simply wrong.

Then we agree completely because I never ruled out the exceptions. I said GENERALLY the BEST method is to draft high for your franchise QB. The reason is, there are damn few franchise QBs ever available in free agency or for trade. This is how the 49ers ended up getting 2 second round draft picks for a mediocre game manager.

Denver scored Manning. It is rare as hens teeth to find a franchise QB in free agency or through trade. I never said it can't be done. That is a fine way to go.

See if maybe the Saints will trade Brees to KC or the Pack will trade Rodgers to KC. Get my point?

The vast majority of teams looking for a franchise QB in free agency end up picking from the carousel of recycled rejects hoping they suddenly become franchise QBs under their coaching.

I never said you can't find a franchise QB in free agency, it is just astoundingly rare.

The BEST way for the 20 teams out there looking for franchise QBs to get one is to find a top prospect in the draft when they are bad enough to have a high draft pick. That is the best way.

The point is, Dorsey had Bridgewater at 23 and passed on him. The Vikings were smart enough to take a chance on making him their franchise QB, while the Chiefs have no plan beyond an aging game manager in Alex Smith.

MahiMike 08-25-2014 02:12 PM

Next year's college prospects look better than Bridgewater and Manziel. Bortles is gonna shock everyone.

We may find that Murray > Bridgewater.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-25-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 10848632)
Next year's college prospects look better than Bridgewater and Manziel. Bortles is gonna shock everyone.

Mariota >>>>>>>anything Chiefs have evar done in decades.

Hammock Parties 08-25-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10848637)
Mariota >>>>>>>anything Chiefs have evar done in decades.

If we pass on a QB after a losing season AGAIN...that may be it for me.

John Dope 08-25-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10848682)

I really think we would. I don't think Reid would want to **** with a rookie QB and I think they will value keeping him more than anything. He came here because there is a lot of talent. Drafting a first round QB would be at least two years away at the earliest.

Bearcat 08-25-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

I'm drawing the line at 4 decades.... just in case.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-25-2014 02:38 PM

I'm already distancing myself in anticipation of the inevitable.

Kaepernick 08-25-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 10848632)

Keep dreaming.

Kaepernick 08-25-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

You say that now.

What are you gonna do, become a Patriots fan and root for Bellicheat? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Become a Colts fan?

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-25-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10848748)
You say that now.

What are you gonna do, become a Patriots fan and root for Bellicheat? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha?

Become a Colts fan?

Nah, just realize that the NFL hates defense and if the Chiefs don't want to pursue an elite franchise QB, there are other sports options in life, and certainly more deserving Kansas City franchises to spend money on.

RealSNR 08-25-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10848748)

Become a Colts fan?

We've already had our souls ripped out by the Chiefs.

We may as well sell off our honor as well.

Marcellus 08-25-2014 03:10 PM

Kap you may want to spend more time worrying about your own QB.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-25-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10848686)
I really think we would. I don't think Reid would want to **** with a rookie QB and I think they will value keeping him more than anything. He came here because there is a lot of talent. Drafting a first round QB would be at least two years away at the earliest.

This is not a very talented football team anymore.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-25-2014 03:13 PM

It would be funny to watch John Dorsey run a road crew. He could be on a road with potholes big enough to lay mattresses down in and he'd spend all day cold patching a few dime-sized divots of missing concrete.