ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Has anyone cancelled their Season Tickets? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270670)

Pablo 03-03-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9462057)
Look at the last 3 HC's we've had in KC. Realistically, there isn't one in there thats worth a pancake fart.

Reid will win games here. I bet we are in teh AFCC game within 2/3 years.

LMAO

Yeah, I bet.

O.city 03-03-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9462061)
Are you going to spend any money on this franchise?

I'm sure I'll go to TC, 3/4 games.

Although the wife and I are having our first little one in August and I'm going to be looking to find a job so who knows.

Sorter 03-03-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9462070)
I'm sure I'll go to TC, 3/4 games.

Although the wife and I are having our first little one in August and I'm going to be looking to find a job so who knows.

*fistbump*

Strongside 03-03-2013 11:09 PM

I didn't cancel. The enjoyment that I get from being with friends for a common cause, win or lose, outweighs my disdain for the direction of the franchise...which, though some would disagree, seems to be on the up.

crossbow 03-03-2013 11:12 PM

I still can't believe they think this is an innovative idea. It is about as imaginative and disciplined as thinking you invented the internet.

TribalElder 03-04-2013 03:30 PM

I hope you held off on the cancel OTWP.

Bowe signed & Albert tagged

Geno Smith..... Come Awn Down!

KurtCobain 03-04-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9459607)
Still a sport I love as well, Dave. I played competitively from age 7 through high school and was an injury away from playing small college ball.

But let's face it, if every movie you went to for 30 years sucked ass, at what point would you quit spending your entertainment dollars at the movies?

30 years of Gigli is enough.

Will everybody please leave gigli in the past?

Frosty 03-04-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9459571)
Anyone else planning on cancelling their account?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AHz6dWwYIO...+my+friend.jpg

007 03-04-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9463982)

they haven't fixed the QB position yet.

Frosty 03-04-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9464028)
they haven't fixed the QB position yet.

There is still the draft. :grovel:

tooge 03-04-2013 04:09 PM

yeah, this thread now seems a bit premature, no? Now, the chiefs have done everything that everyone wanted except that they got their quarterback from another team. Now, as long as they draft a "reasonable" quarterback to develop, the CP collective should be thrilled.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-04-2013 04:33 PM

I'm probably going to go ahead and get them. I'm really not that destroyed over Alex Smith. I know we're going to get a young QB in here soon. I do trust the proven guy running the show.

Bearcat 03-04-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9464092)
yeah, this thread now seems a bit premature, no? Now, the chiefs have done everything that everyone wanted except that they got their quarterback from another team. Now, as long as they draft a "reasonable" quarterback to develop, the CP collective should be thrilled.

I wonder if there's a more fickle fanbase out there... but, FWIW, I'm speaking more towards running out to buy season tickets after getting rid of Pioli than wanting to back out after the Alex Smith trade. If nothing else, we sure are desperate to see a winner and willing to pay top dollar to see one. Either way, I've stuck to the thought of "fix the QB position, then show me on the field, then we'll talk," even though simply making an effort to fix the QB (beyond picking up a QB another team doesn't want) would probably sway me into going to a game or two.

OnTheWarpath15 03-04-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9460396)
You're gonna feel dumb when they draft Geno.

No, I won't because I will have saved over 2 grand not watching Alex Smith play for at least two years.

OnTheWarpath15 03-04-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9460708)
Yeah, season tickets are different for guys like Marcellus, OTWP, and myself. We don't live in KC. We have a 3 hour drive each way in order to go to the games. It's an all day, or overnight experience, and that adds considerably to the expense. Gas, and hotels on top of tickets, parking, tailgating, and concessions. I need more than brisket to get up at the butt crack of dawn, or fork over north of $100 for a room to come see the games every week.

Exactly.

I've mentioned my first stint as a STH here before.

My wife and I tallied up how much money we spent on Chiefs games over the 5 years we were STH's. Tickets, travel, hotel, food, gas, parking, we went to one road game every year, etc.

Came to a little over $25k for those 5 years.

I'm not making that mistake again until they prove to me that they've addressed their 20 year mistake.