ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

Imon Yourside 01-30-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9365356)
Thats not helping his case man. That guy is an idiot.

Well shit.

That sucks for Wilson.

LMAO

RealSNR 01-30-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9365052)
I 100% endorse this! You should pass this idea along to the Geno Smith thread.

The issue isn't taking a QB in the 2nd. It's what the **** you take in the 1st.

OT and passrusher have been proven dozens of times to be not worth the #1 overall pick this year for the Chiefs. That's how empty-setted the "DRAFT VALYOO!!!111" argument is. It can get turned on its head any which way.

Geno Smith + Xavier Rhodes/a stud from the first who falls?

Or Damontre Moore and Tyler ****ing Bray?

You kidding me? Is that even an option?

DeezNutz 01-30-2013 03:51 PM

If we're not drafting a QB in the first and Albert's back is OK, Milliner is the selection that makes the most sense in my view.

Yeah, he's "not worth the spot," but he's the best talent + need combo available to us.

RunKC 01-30-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9365407)
If we're not drafting a QB in the first and Albert's back is OK, Milliner is the selection that makes the most sense in my view.

Yeah, he's "not worth the spot," but he's the best talent + need combo available to us.

I agree with this. He's also only 20 years old and he's a BAMF.

O.city 01-30-2013 04:04 PM

Yeah, but even with Milliner being a really solid prospect, is he that much better than Rhodes or some of the other Cb's who might be there in the second round?

I'm sure someone will fire with a "same thing with QB's" across my bow, but its not.

keg in kc 01-30-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9365448)
Yeah, but even with Milliner being a really solid prospect, is he that much better than Rhodes or some of the other Cb's who might be there in the second round?

I'm sure someone will fire with a "same thing with QB's" across my bow, but its not.

That's one of the issues this year. Any comment that can be made about QB can be made about any other position, and vice versa.

Which is why, speaking for myself, I'm so strongly on the idea of drafting QB. Because when player value is equal (and I believe it basically is for all of the top 10 this year - no one has so far separated himself as a or the dominant player) you have to weigh position, and QB is far and away the highest positional value, both in general terms and specific to need here to Kansas City. So if you have, say, Joeckel, Star, Moore, Werner, Fisher, Milliner, and Geno Smith all on the same relative talent tier, Geno Smith leap-frogs them all because of positional value.

Or, since we're in the Tyler Wilson thread, swap Geno's name out for him if that's how your board lays. Same idea, different name.

(And we're likely talking a 2nd quarterback going somewhere in the teens in this draft, if not the top 10; I think people expecting to find Wilson or Barkley at 34 are dreaming).

B14ckmon 01-30-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9365400)
The issue isn't taking a QB in the 2nd. It's what the **** you take in the 1st.

OT and passrusher have been proven dozens of times to be not worth the #1 overall pick this year for the Chiefs. That's how empty-setted the "DRAFT VALYOO!!!111" argument is. It can get turned on its head any which way.

Geno Smith + Xavier Rhodes/a stud from the first who falls?

Or Damontre Moore and Tyler ****ing Bray?

You kidding me? Is that even an option?

I was being sarcastic.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9365389)
Well shit.

That sucks for Wilson.

LMAO

You do now that Shawn Zobel is pretty much an idiot, right?

ct 01-30-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9365474)
That's one of the issues this year. Any comment that can be made about QB can be made about any other position, and vice versa.

Which is why, speaking for myself, I'm so strongly on the idea of drafting QB. Because when player value is equal (and I believe it basically is for all of the top 10 this year - no one has so far separated himself as a or the dominant player) you have to weigh position, and QB is far and away the highest positional value, both in general terms and specific to need here to Kansas City. So if you have, say, Joeckel, Star, Moore, Werner, Fisher, Milliner, and Geno Smith all on the same relative talent tier, Geno Smith leap-frogs them all because of positional value.

Or, since we're in the Tyler Wilson thread, swap Geno's name out for him if that's how your board lays. Same idea, different name.

(And we're likely talking a 2nd quarterback going somewhere in the teens in this draft, if not the top 10; I think people expecting to find Wilson or Barkley at 34 are dreaming).

solid post

htismaqe 01-30-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9365474)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

RunKC 01-30-2013 04:49 PM

I admit that there have been some really impressive 2nd/3rd round QB prospects the last couple of years (Dalton, Kaepernick, Wilson) who looked like better prospects than a lot of first round QB's (Weeden, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder), but there are no good QB prospects like those guys in this draft.

If we want a QB, you take at 1 even if it is a reach. I don't give a flying **** if analysts say we "reached" for a QB or not. It's the most important position in all of sports. That's the one position where it is okay to reach IMO.

DeezNutz 01-30-2013 05:00 PM

Hard hitting QB analysis coming up on 810:

Mitch, the voice of True Fans.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9365545)
I admit that there have been some really impressive 2nd/3rd round QB prospects the last couple of years (Dalton, Kaepernick, Wilson) who looked like better prospects than a lot of first round QB's (Weeden, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder), but there are no good QB prospects like those guys in this draft.

If we want a QB, you take at 1 even if it is a reach. I don't give a flying **** if analysts say we "reached" for a QB or not. It's the most important position in all of sports. That's the one position where it is okay to reach IMO.

:clap::clap::clap:

SAUTO 01-30-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9364917)
I don't see him making it to the 4th even if he shits the bed during the combine...

Me either. Dude is kinda silly
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-30-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9364975)
two things any Vols fan will tell that they have gripes about and they are Bray is immature and Dooley did a shitty job coaching him up.

If he can get over being a party boy and gets in the right situation then you'll see a Marino like turn around. He is the biggest boom or bust prospect in this draft though which I've always said.

Would you shut the **** up about Marino?
Posted via Mobile Device