ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

htismaqe 01-30-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9364954)
How is me saying teams reached for him, defending him? Do you know what "reaching" means in the draft?

Some team will reach for Tyler Bray. It happens every year.

B14ckmon 01-30-2013 01:22 PM

Gene Smith and ***** are currently unemployed. So that alone dropped Bray's draft stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9364973)
Some team will reach for Tyler Bray. It happens every year.

Of course. I think him being drafted before the 5th would be a reach. So yes I think he will be reached for.

Tribal Warfare 01-30-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9364940)

Keep that one in your pocket for when you guys draft him then. I can grab some of the one liners we used for Gabbert in case you need new ones.

two things any Vols fan will tell that they have gripes about and they are Bray is immature and Dooley did a shitty job coaching him up.

If he can get over being a party boy and gets in the right situation then you'll see a Marino like turn around. He is the biggest boom or bust prospect in this draft though which I've always said.

duncan_idaho 01-30-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Glennon is also considered to have a high football IQ and really good at reads. Bray is known as a meathead.

Bray also is more elite physically and had better college success in a much tougher defensive league.

IF (And I will fully admit it is a big IF because I'm not a Bray fan - at all) the conditions I laid out are met, some NFL team is going to convince itself Bray is just a gunslinger with elite size and arm strength who can be a star if coached up right.

Whether that means he's a first- or early second-round pick, I don't know.

It's really just an observation on one of the blind spots many talent evaluators have in the NFL.

duncan_idaho 01-30-2013 01:27 PM

Also, is anybody listening to Petro right now?

Lot of "true fan" discussion going on in there. Vomit.

CLIFFS:

OVerpay for Alex Smith (Draft pick and contract)
Drafting Joeckel or Lotuleilei No. 1

RealSNR 01-30-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9364974)
Gene Smith and ***** are currently unemployed. So that alone dropped Bray's draft stock.

Of course. I think him being drafted before the 5th would be a reach. So yes I think he will be reached for.

Bray isn't very Patriot Way.

Glennon would have been Pioli's QB had he stayed in KC.

Canofbier 01-30-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9364974)

It's crystal clear to me now why you're so dead-set on hating Geno. :p

(That's a joke, by the way.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9364900)
If you put Matt Barkley's brains in Tyler Bray's body, nobody would be wanting Geno Smith.

Imagine if this hybrid QB prospect also had Geno Smith's penis? Can you even imagine?

B14ckmon 01-30-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9365009)
It's crystal clear to me now why you're so dead-set on hating Geno. :p

(That's a joke, by the way.)

Imagine if this hybrid QB prospect also had Geno Smith's penis? Can you even imagine?

It's amazing how many Jags fans thought people were mistyping Gene when talking about Geno last year.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9365003)
Also, is anybody listening to Petro right now?

Lot of "true fan" discussion going on in there. Vomit.

CLIFFS:

OVerpay for Alex Smith (Draft pick and contract)
Drafting Joeckel or Lotuleilei No. 1

Can't draft Star.

Didn't play in the Senior Bowl.

He's hiding something.

duncan_idaho 01-30-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9365021)
Can't draft Star.

Didn't play in the Senior Bowl.

He's hiding something.

Is it the fact that he's really just a space eater who isn't a threat to rush the passer as a DT or a 3-4 end?

Tyson Jackson's little brother...

Chiefnj2 01-30-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9364904)
Most folks here would probably agree he badly needed another year in school.

Coaching change + losing all your starting receivers = no choice but to declare.

Personally, I want KC to aim big at the QB position. I'm fine with Geno at 1, but if they don't go that way, I'd be perfectly happy with Bray in the 2nd since his ceiling is so high and Reid is good with QBs.

B14ckmon 01-30-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9365043)
Coaching change + losing all your starting receivers = no choice but to declare.

Personally, I want KC to aim big at the QB position. I'm fine with Geno at 1, but if they don't go that way, I'd be perfectly happy with Bray in the 2nd since his ceiling is so high and Reid is good with QBs.

I 100% endorse this! You should pass this idea along to the Geno Smith thread.

keg in kc 01-30-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

How is me saying teams reached for him, defending him? Do you know what "reaching" means in the draft?

Word of advice, take it or leave it: you want to talk about players? Fine. You want to express your opinion, fine. But if you want people to actually listen to what you say, or respect you or your opinions, then it might be beneficial to lay off the insults in every other post. Because the message can get lost in the tone. Real confidence does not require denigration.

Up to you, though.

B14ckmon 01-30-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9365058)
Word of advice, take it or leave it: you want to talk about players? Fine. You want to express your opinion, fine. But if you want people to actually listen to what you say, or respect you or your opinions, then it might be beneficial to lay off the insults in every other post. Because the message can get lost in the tone. Real confidence does not require denigration.

Up to you, though.

No one was insulting you. Step back from the ledge. But to be honest, I could really care less if anyone here listens to my opinions. I go to ArrowheadPride for more intellectual NFL discussion.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2013 02:01 PM

I swear Petro is the most useless sack of mule dung to ever fertilize a radio wave...
Posted via Mobile Device