ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

AustinChief 04-08-2012 10:18 PM

In case anyone cares. http://www.royalsplanet.com now redirects to this thread. Just cuz.

Coach 04-08-2012 10:41 PM

I think my avatar and sig has been the same for quite some time. Heh.

tk13 04-08-2012 11:06 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/08...-win-over.html

I still haven't heard the guy yet... but there's a Mellinger article in the Star today about Rex Hudler. Apparently he realizes 90% of the response to his work so far has been negative, and the Royals have told him to tone it down a bit, and he plans to do that. Also hadn't realized Frank White had started a twitter account. Mellinger takes a bit of a shot at him by saying he's passive-aggressively not helping. Looked it up... I don't think he's said anything directly but he has retweeted several tweets from fans complaining about Hudler. So... yeah.

Hammock Parties 04-08-2012 11:09 PM

the hos is already looking good!!

duncan_idaho 04-08-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8523990)
Do it right now and worry about paying for it later.

Hell, yes, they could afford to pay him that.

It costs them an extra $20 million or so over the next three years of his career... and then saves them an enormous amount (probably around $50 million) over the next six.

And that's with an estimate of $20 million/year for his 7th, 8th and 9th seasons (which would be his first three years after qualifying as a FA).

tk13 04-08-2012 11:12 PM

I think Boras would physically cut Hosmer's hands off before letting him sign a 10 year deal for that amount, but I could be wrong.

alnorth 04-08-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8527048)
I think Boras would physically cut Hosmer's hands off before letting him sign a 10 year deal for that amount, but I could be wrong.

Boras clients who were with Boras their whole career will sometimes sign extensions. Usually against his recommendations, but they will. Players who fire their agent and switch to Boras are a stone-cold lock to test free agency.

alnorth 04-08-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8527041)

I still haven't heard the guy yet... but there's a Mellinger article in the Star today about Rex Hudler. Apparently he realizes 90% of the response to his work so far has been negative, and the Royals have told him to tone it down a bit, and he plans to do that. Also hadn't realized Frank White had started a twitter account. Mellinger takes a bit of a shot at him by saying he's passive-aggressively not helping. Looked it up... I don't think he's said anything directly but he has retweeted several tweets from fans complaining about Hudler. So... yeah.

interesting article. Cool quote:

Quote:

“I’m still learning,” he says. “It’s not an easy situation to come into. I’m going to reel it in a little bit. Believe me, I’m aware of the critics. It’s probably 90 percent of them. And even that other 10 percent is like, ‘Hey, we don’t like him either, but just give him a chance.
ROFL

Kyle DeLexus 04-08-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

I wasn't as annoyed with Hudler today. It seemed to me that he was trying to tone it down quite a bit and if he stays like that, he might grow on me. He still has a tendency to pause and then explain over and over and over.

Kyle DeLexus 04-08-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Also, thanks for posting that article. After reading, I am going to try and give him a lot of time before going back on the Hudler sucks bandwagon.

He really was better in this last game than in the earlier ones, so there might be something to his "I'm a piece of clay, mold me however you want me" line.

Archie F. Swin 04-08-2012 11:34 PM

I dont mind Rex too much. Sometimes he just tries too hard to be analytical. He's a lot more cheesy than FW.

Fansy the Famous Bard 04-09-2012 06:16 AM

Physioc is just as bad. It's not just Hudler.

He calls everything with a pre-determined phrase it seems.

A slider ball about a foot outside and you get, "that heater just missed"...

You wonder what game this guy is watching.

KCUnited 04-09-2012 07:02 AM

Yost may give Gordon the night off.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/new...ook_kc&c_id=kc

ANAHEIM -- Royals left fielder Alex Gordon is off to a poor start at the plate: 0-for-13 with no runs, no RBIs, no nothing.

After Gordon went 0-for-5 in Sunday's 7-3 win over the Angels, manager Ned Yost said he might give Gordon Monday night off in the series opener at Oakland. The A's have left-hander Tommy Milone pitching, so Yost has the option of starting right-handed-hitting Jason Bourgeois instead of left-handed Gordon.

"I'll think through it. We may give him a break tomorrow," Yost said. "The only way we're going to get Bourgeois or Mitch [Maier] is when these guys aren't hitting. So you take advantage of it when you can. I don't know that we're going to do it -- we'll think through and see where we're at tomorrow."

Gordon has been on base just once, with a walk, and has struck out six times.

"Obviously it wasn't a good series for me," Gordon said. "It's a long season so I've got to forget about it and move on. I've got to start helping this team out, especially if I'm going to be at the top of the order. Luckily guys like [Eric] Hosmer, [Billy] Butler and [Jeff] Francoeur had a good series and were able to pick me up. So that makes a good team."

A diving stop by first baseman Albert Pujols deprived Gordon of a hit in the third inning on Sunday.

"Pujols. Yeah, he won a Gold Glove for a reason," Gordon said.

He's not the Royals' only slow starter. Third baseman Mike Moustakas and center fielder Lorenzo Cain each are 1-for-11 (.091). Moustakas' one hit, though, was a home run.

RockChalk 04-09-2012 07:18 AM

To me, Hudler just seems so over the top because he's being compared to Frank White. Sure, some of the crap he says is cheesy and he explains parts of the game like we are all 5 years old. Ryan does this as well, although not as often.

Put me in the 10% category. Hopefully he'll grow on me. When Ryan first joined the Royals, I used to not care much for him either. So I'm going to give Hudler a fair chance. His antics Friday made the game fun though...but I don't really tune into the Royals to make fun of broadcasters, so that will get old.

Carlota69 04-09-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8527169)
To me, Hudler just seems so over the top because he's being compared to Frank White. Sure, some of the crap he says is cheesy and he explains parts of the game like we are all 5 years old. Ryan does this as well, although not as often.

Put me in the 10% category. Hopefully he'll grow on me. When Ryan first joined the Royals, I used to not care much for him either. So I'm going to give Hudler a fair chance. His antics Friday made the game fun though...but I don't really tune into the Royals to make fun of broadcasters, so that will get old.

Angels fan here...Physioc and Hudler use to call games for us and I enjoyed them. Hudler is defintely cheesy, but there's something to it. I bet "The Wonder Dog" grows on some of you, but not all. We won the WS when they were our guys...Maybe some of that will rub off on you guys.

BTW, I was in Anaheim over the weekend. I went to Fri and Sats games. I told everyone around me, KC is the team to watch this year. Going to surprise many people.

Enjoy your season. Its going to be fun to watch.:)