ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

dirk digler 05-04-2013 08:52 PM

Both Eastern Conference series are going to be physical as ****.

dirk digler 05-04-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9657874)
If he comes back, though, it will look like he abandoned them for the entire 1st round. And the biggest upside of it is still likely getting beat down by LeBron in 5 or 6 anyway. I don't know if he'll come back considering those factors.

I agree. If he comes back on Monday I will lose all respect for him.

KevB 05-04-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9657846)
Much the same team with Derrick Rose couldn't get two against a worse Miami team than this a few years back, so that's pretty optimistic. Really, it comes down to the effort level of the Heat. If they focus completely for every single game, it will be hard for Chicago to even get a game.

Noah and Boozer are playing better. Also, Chicago at that time relied upon Rose too much offensively. Heat put LeBron on him and they really floundered. Now that they spread the scoring out among a number of players, they may actually be better prepared to deal with the Heat.

KC_Connection 05-04-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9657907)
Noah and Boozer are playing better. Also, Chicago at that time relied upon Rose too much offensively. Heat put LeBron on him and they really floundered. Now that they spread the scoring out among a number of players, they may actually be better prepared to deal with the Heat.

You may be right about the over reliance on Rose, but the Heat are better now too. Much more efficient on the offensive end. I do think the series should be far more competitive than it would have been with that soft, lazy Nets team, though.

Mother****erJones 05-04-2013 09:16 PM

Chicago beat Miami twice this season. I don't think it's as much as him abandoning his team as getting his mind right about his knee kind of like berry and Charles for the chiefs this year. I hope he comes back. If he doesn't, oh well.

SAUTO 05-04-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9657902)
I agree. If he comes back on Monday I will lose all respect for him.

I pretty much already have.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 05-04-2013 09:18 PM

Heh, it almost feels like the Spurs and Heat got a 1st round bye.

-King- 05-04-2013 09:21 PM

OP updated

Mother****erJones 05-04-2013 09:29 PM

Monday night! Go bulls!

Chiefs Pantalones 05-04-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9657955)
I pretty much already have.
Posted via Mobile Device

Same here. I hated him with Memphis because my Jayhawks were playing them in the title game and that he was a Calipari player which speaks for itself. Then I had to like him because my Bulls drafted him and he grew on me and now this. I should've known better than to like or trust a Calipari player. Scum.

KevB 05-04-2013 11:15 PM

Bill Simmons on Rose:

Q: Can you hold it against Derrick Rose for not coming back?

Absolutely not. See, Gilbert Arenas affected the NBA in four ways …

1. He's the first NBA star who tapped into the potential of connecting with fans on the Internet (with his groundbreaking Agent Zero blog). Then Twitter happened, and Facebook, and Instagram, and now we're at a point where Kobe could run for president because he's so good at social media. In fact, I think I'd vote for him in 2016. As long as he wasn't running with Dwight Howard.

2. After he bolted Golden State for the Wizards, they named a rule after him — the Gilbert Arenas provision, which makes it easier for teams to sign their own restricted free agents who were second-round picks.

3. They also named three unwritten rules after him: "Don't bet large sums of money with teammates during poker games on chartered flights," "Don't bring guns into the locker room for any reason," and "Don't give someone a massive nine-figure contract if you're not positive he's healthy."

4. He's the all-time "came back too soon" cautionary tale for anyone who suffered a major knee injury. Gilbert tore a meniscus near the tail end of the 2006-07 season, came back too soon, reinjured it in November, missed much of the season, came back too soon a second time, reinjured his knee in the playoffs, came back too soon the following fall, had a third surgery, and ended up playing 15 games total in two years. Make no mistake — he was NEVER the same.

Now? He's a cautionary tale, the name that floats through the head of any player who wants to keep pushing himself to play, feels really good … but doesn't totally trust his knee yet. Magic Johnson's biggest professional regret is coming back too soon during the 1981 season. He knew his surgically repaired knee didn't feel right, but as Magic tells it, you start feeling that pressure from every direction. Fans, teammates, coaches, the owner, you name it. And it's not even intentional. Might even be something as simple as someone saying, "How's the knee feeling?," only they make eye contact for an extra second and you start thinking, Does he not believe me? You get in your own head. You feel guilty all the time. Your confidence is shaken. You can't do the one thing that always came easiest to you. So you start pushing yourself to come back, tricking yourself, convincing yourself to feel a certain way. And that's when you can get in trouble.

As Magic put it, When you're ready, you know. If you're wondering even a little? Then you don't know. I think that's where Derrick Rose is right now. He's in his own head. He doesn't totally trust his knee yet. His hammies still hurt. And yet … he feels horrible that he can't help his team. So he's vacillating, and fortunately, GILBERT ARENAS keeps flashing through his head in all caps. Over everything else, that's Arenas's real legacy. Nobody wants to be The Next Guy Who Came Back Too Soon.

Mother****erJones 05-04-2013 11:46 PM

It's all mental now. Rose is ready when "he's" ready

kcxiv 05-04-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9658279)
It's all mental now. Rose is ready when "he's" ready

its not all mental, its when your knee and all the ligaments around it feel healthy. If he's not feeling that its strong enough then why force it? The doctors may say, hey its healed 100 percent, but the muscles arent and it feels weak, so why push it?

I dont blame him, he's a young guy that has a bright bright future. I hope he doesnt force it back before he feels 100 percent.

okcchief 05-05-2013 06:28 AM

I don't blame Rose at all for not playing. He'll be back next year 100% ready.

KevB 05-05-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9658448)
I don't blame Rose at all for not playing. He'll be back next year 100% ready.

True Bulls fans in it for the long haul should be fine with his decision. Do you want a really good Rose for the next 12 years, or the next 4?

The Bad Guy 05-05-2013 09:48 AM

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Grizzles ML today.

Mother****erJones 05-05-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9658292)
its not all mental, its when your knee and all the ligaments around it feel healthy. If he's not feeling that its strong enough then why force it? The doctors may say, hey its healed 100 percent, but the muscles arent and it feels weak, so why push it?

I dont blame him, he's a young guy that has a bright bright future. I hope he doesnt force it back before he feels 100 percent.

It's more mental now he has to trust his knee. I'm fine with him sitting because I don't want him coming back and ****ing it up worse

Hammock Parties 05-05-2013 10:50 AM

Nets fired PJ. http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/bowrofl.gif

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-05-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9658853)

I hope Jeff Van Gundy doesn't go there. I love JVG, but I hate that Nets team

Hammock Parties 05-05-2013 11:12 AM

The Thunder are ****ed.

KevB 05-05-2013 11:29 AM

Two tired teams. Grizz completely settling for perimeter shots, Thunder still trying to figure out how to score.

KevB 05-05-2013 11:52 AM

Somebody let Gasol know the game has started.

KevB 05-05-2013 12:03 PM

Well, Grizz are sleepwalking, so chance for Thunder to build a lead going into half.

KevB 05-05-2013 12:08 PM

That rip through foul is bullshit

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-05-2013 01:35 PM

Fisher misses on a three and then fails to find a wide-open Durant at the three point line. HAHAHAHA. **** THAT GUY

tk13 05-05-2013 01:40 PM

Durant. Money.

Mav 05-05-2013 01:40 PM

Durant is such a boss.

KevB 05-05-2013 01:41 PM

Memphis should have put Allen on him late

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-05-2013 01:42 PM

Gasol blew it. Randolph had great positioning

KevB 05-05-2013 01:43 PM

Nothing like giving a game away. Ridiculous.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-05-2013 01:43 PM

Breaking news: Durant is great.

dirk digler 05-05-2013 01:44 PM

Good call. Damn Durant has been unconscious in this game.

KC_Connection 05-05-2013 01:44 PM

OKC has gotten their fair share of calls down the stretch...

Mav 05-05-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9659360)
Good call. Damn Durant has been unconscious in this game.

Hes adjusting to being the man. This could be deadly to the rest of the league going forward.

Spott 05-05-2013 01:47 PM

This should be a great series.

dirk digler 05-05-2013 01:47 PM

LMAO Stupid jackson

Baby Lee 05-05-2013 01:50 PM

Durant unconscious

dirk digler 05-05-2013 01:50 PM

Good win Thunder. Jackson got lucky.

KC_Connection 05-05-2013 01:51 PM

Memphis should have won that game but threw it away. They'll need to get one on the road eventually, so this was a waste of a great opportunity they may not get again. This series going to be a battle.

Baby Lee 05-05-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9659370)
Hes adjusting to being the man. This could be deadly to the rest of the league going forward.

He's probably, no most likely, my favorite non-KU player in the Big 12 of the past decade. Even when I hated the pressure he was putting on KU, I loved watching him play. Really love that he's transferred his skills to the next level.

KevB 05-05-2013 02:10 PM

Durant is great, but Prince let him do what he wanted with zero resistance. Hollins dumb for not putting Allen on him at times.

dirk digler 05-05-2013 02:39 PM

Somewhat playoff related. Lebron won the MVP award but missed being selected unanimously by 1 vote. Some stupid media person voted for Melo.

dirk digler 05-05-2013 04:17 PM

Pacers get Game 1 and changed home court advantage

okcchief 05-05-2013 06:33 PM

So I go from a bullshit T Ball umpiring call today pissing me off to watching comeback wins by the Thunder and Royals on the DVR. Awesome is restored.

okcchief 05-05-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9659456)
Durant is great, but Prince let him do what he wanted with zero resistance. Hollins dumb for not putting Allen on him at times.

I agree. It used to drive me ****ing crazy when you guys had Allen and Battier. Tony Allen can pretty much **** with anyone.

Serge just sucks against Memphis.

Seems like no matter what we play 5 point games against you guys. I was expecting them to hit a 3 at the end, and when Reggie fouled all I could do was laugh. I can't shit on him though. He's being thrown to the wolves and is performing well over all. It's going to be great next year to have him and Russ together.

I have no idea who will win this series, but still lean to the Grizz. As OKC wins without Russ their confidence snowballs. I think it's important for Memphis to take game 2. However, I don't see home court being much of a factor in this one. Both teams have won on the others court many times, and have won big games on the road in the playoffs. The best team will win that day despite location.

Definitely, good to take a game that Memphis had control of all day. Also good to watch a game without Brooks man crushes killing us. Perk and Fisher both need quality minutes in this series. Although, I never want to see either one of them near this team after next year :)

This is going to be another long hard fought series.

tk13 05-05-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9659622)
Somewhat playoff related. Lebron won the MVP award but missed being selected unanimously by 1 vote. Some stupid media person voted for Melo.

Dan LeBatard has apparently taken credit for it... which is funny since he's out of Miami. But he may be trolling, really can't tell yet. He is getting killed on Twitter and retweeting all of it though. GoChiefs wishes he could get 1/1000th the attention LeBatard is getting, ultimate troll job.

Either he's lying and drawing attention to himself, or he actually did it to draw attention to himself.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-05-2013 08:47 PM

@NOTSportsCenter: Kevin Durant makes 6 of his team's last 7 shots, media: "He's pretty good."
LeBron makes a layup in the 4th quarter, media: "OMG MVPPPP!!!!"

KC_Connection 05-05-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9660697)
@NOTSportsCenter: Kevin Durant makes 6 of his team's last 7 shots, media: "He's pretty good."
LeBron makes a layup in the 4th quarter, media: "OMG MVPPPP!!!!"

Tweet would work better if we didn't just watch Durant and the Thunder struggle terribly against a far inferior team in the Rockets last week. Or, you know, if LeBron wasn't very clearly a far better player than Durant.

Mother****erJones 05-05-2013 09:13 PM

LeBron, although I don't like him, is far better than Durant.

KevB 05-05-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9660467)
I agree. It used to drive me ****ing crazy when you guys had Allen and Battier. Tony Allen can pretty much **** with anyone.

Serge just sucks against Memphis.

Seems like no matter what we play 5 point games against you guys. I was expecting them to hit a 3 at the end, and when Reggie fouled all I could do was laugh. I can't shit on him though. He's being thrown to the wolves and is performing well over all. It's going to be great next year to have him and Russ together.

I have no idea who will win this series, but still lean to the Grizz. As OKC wins without Russ their confidence snowballs. I think it's important for Memphis to take game 2. However, I don't see home court being much of a factor in this one. Both teams have won on the others court many times, and have won big games on the road in the playoffs. The best team will win that day despite location.

Definitely, good to take a game that Memphis had control of all day. Also good to watch a game without Brooks man crushes killing us. Perk and Fisher both need quality minutes in this series. Although, I never want to see either one of them near this team after next year :)

This is going to be another long hard fought series.

Grizz just didn't seem to have the same urgency they showed in the Clippers series. Despite having the lead, they settled for perimeter shots far too often, especially in the first half. It was as if they were content to just keep the game close in the first half. They came out and played more of their style in the 3rd quarter to get that double digit lead. Conley was aggressive, and they went to the post to initiate more often. Perkins/Collison/Ibaka were pretty good defensively, but you still have to start your offense there; it opens up standstill outside looks.

Defensively they were pretty awful most of the day relative to their typical performance. I actually think this might have been Hollins' worst game the entire post-season. They weren't doubling Durant, although there was a big there on most penetrations. But why do you drop the guard on the weakside to go with Prince and the big? The only way the Thunder beat you is if you let Martin get off, and you give Fisher open looks from 3. Griz allowed both of those things to happen, and they allowed Durant do whatever he wanted, except get all the way to the rim (which is fine with him). Meanwhile, Allen sat almost the entire 4th quarter despite protecting a lead. Asinine.

KevB 05-05-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9660730)
Tweet would work better if we didn't just watch Durant and the Thunder struggle terribly against a far inferior team in the Rockets last week. Or, you know, if LeBron wasn't very clearly a far better player than Durant.

Not to mention, the reaction wasn't "he's pretty good". It was, "holy shit, this guy is an absolute stud".

KC_Connection 05-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9660761)
Not to mention, the reaction wasn't "he's pretty good". It was, "holy shit, this guy is an absolute stud".

Or that, because he had a ridiculous 4th quarter and is a total stud. But I didn't know this whole LeBron vs. Durant measuring content was still a thing.

LeBron is better, people. If it wasn't obvious before now, just watch the games.

okcchief 05-05-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9660730)

The Rockets lost 15 games less than the Thunder, but OKC was also without their co-best player and making adjustments, and still beat them twice on the road. Miami beat a team Houston might be able to sweep while being 100% healthy. The tweet and your comparisons are both absurd. Everyone knows LeBron is a better all around player than Durant, but Durant is making the best out of a difficult situation.

KC native 05-05-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9660796)
Or that, because he had a ridiculous 4th quarter and is a total stud. But I didn't know this whole LeBron vs. Durant measuring content was still a thing.

LeBron is better, people. If it wasn't obvious before now, just watch the games.

It's the next version of Jordan vs anyone. People are going to argue about it just to blab.

okcchief 05-05-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9660757)
Grizz just didn't seem to have the same urgency they showed in the Clippers series. Despite having the lead, they settled for perimeter shots far too often, especially in the first half. It was as if they were content to just keep the game close in the first half. They came out and played more of their style in the 3rd quarter to get that double digit lead. Conley was aggressive, and they went to the post to initiate more often. Perkins/Collison/Ibaka were pretty good defensively, but you still have to start your offense there; it opens up standstill outside looks.

Defensively they were pretty awful most of the day relative to their typical performance. I actually think this might have been Hollins' worst game the entire post-season. They weren't doubling Durant, although there was a big there on most penetrations. But why do you drop the guard on the weakside to go with Prince and the big? The only way the Thunder beat you is if you let Martin get off, and you give Fisher open looks from 3. Griz allowed both of those things to happen, and they allowed Durant do whatever he wanted, except get all the way to the rim (which is fine with him). Meanwhile, Allen sat almost the entire 4th quarter despite protecting a lead. Asinine.

Any team that doesn't double the shit out of Durant right now is making a mistake. I don't respect McHale a lot, but he was on point with that strategy. I hope the Grizz continue to role with that :)

KevB 05-05-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9660802)
It's the next version of Jordan vs anyone. People are going to argue about it just to blab.

I'm not sure Jordan ever had anyone as close as Durant is to LeBron. Zeke, Clyde, Kemp/Payton, Barkley, Malone/Stockton....Hall of Fame guys but none were ever really close. While LeBron is definitely the best player, Durant is a beast ---- and he's still only 24 damn years old (4 years younger than LeBron).

KevB 05-05-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9660808)
Any team that doesn't double the shit out of Durant right now is making a mistake. I don't respect McHale a lot, but he was on point with that strategy. I hope the Grizz continue to role with that :)

You at least have to mix it up. Prince, Allen, Pondexter, double-teams, etc. By the 4th quarter, he knew exactly what he could get and couldn't get. You just can't let a great player get that comfortable.

KC_Connection 05-05-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9660801)
The Rockets lost 15 games less than the Thunder, but OKC was also without their co-best player and making adjustments, and still beat them twice on the road. Miami beat a team Houston might be able to sweep while being 100% healthy. The tweet and your comparisons are both absurd. Everyone knows LeBron is a better all around player than Durant, but Durant is making the best out of a difficult situation.

Houston can't play any defense and their offense consists of James Harden and a bunch of relative scrubs running around playing undisciplined basketball. OKC, even without Westbrook, should have been able to handle them easily considering Durant's presence. They didn't. Not sure what is absurd about pointing that out (or pointing out that LeBron is a far better player than Durant).

KC_Connection 05-05-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9660855)
I'm not sure Jordan ever had anyone as close as Durant is to LeBron. Zeke, Clyde, Kemp/Payton, Barkley, Malone/Stockton....Hall of Fame guys but none were ever really close. While LeBron is definitely the best player, Durant is a beast ---- and he's still only 24 damn years old (4 years younger than LeBron).

Magic was pretty close to his value in the late 80s. Really nobody all that close for his prime years in the 90s other than perhaps Robinson (with his huge defensive presence) and to a lesser extent Malone.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-05-2013 11:36 PM

Barkley, Malone, Drexler, Robinson, etc. all getting mention for some 90s love, but no ****ing Olajuwon? **** this thread.

KevB 05-05-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9660933)
Barkley, Malone, Drexler, Robinson, etc. all getting mention for some 90s love, but no ****ing Olajuwon? **** this thread.

I picked players that Jordan clashed with directly over the years; he never really mixed it up with Houston. Hakeem was great, but his peak was during Jordan's first retirement.

KevB 05-05-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9660875)
Magic was pretty close to his value in the late 80s.

I agree, but Magic was on the downside by the time MJ hit his stride. i was going for Jordan's peers to contrast LeBron/Durant.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-06-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9660745)
LeBron, although I don't like him, is far better than Durant.

No question.

chiefzilla1501 05-06-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9660855)

Agreed. Just a totally different basketball era. Jordan's era was swimming with talent, but it was largely about team basketball. You wonder if the NBA relaxed some of the rules on hand-checking if you'd see a completely different brand of basketball during that time. It's like comparing Drew Brees to Joe Montana.

Durant has a long way to go to be an elite player, particularly in terms of playing better defense. But I still think his killer instinct is more like Jordan than LeBron's. Durant is miles behind LeBron and will never, ever match up to LeBron in terms of talent, but you can't help but wonder what the kid will be like when he peaks.

dirk digler 05-06-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9660474)
Dan LeBatard has apparently taken credit for it... which is funny since he's out of Miami. But he may be trolling, really can't tell yet. He is getting killed on Twitter and retweeting all of it though. GoChiefs wishes he could get 1/1000th the attention LeBatard is getting, ultimate troll job.

Either he's lying and drawing attention to himself, or he actually did it to draw attention to himself.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...fqM/story.html

He was trolling. Gary Washburn from the Boston Globe was the lone vote.
Quote:

When I placed my NBA MVP vote a few weeks ago, I knew I would be in the minority. I knew LeBron James was the prohibitive favorite to win his fourth award because he unquestionably is the best player in the game.

I voted for Carmelo Anthony based on his importance to the New York Knicks, who, if you haven’t been paying attention the past decade, have failed to be relevant.

When the voting was announced Sunday afternoon, I was flabbergasted to learn I was the lone voter among 121 to not give LeBron a first-place vote, truly believing Anthony, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, and perhaps even Kobe Bryant would snag a first-place vote or two.

Firstly, when I submitted my vote in mid-April, I had no idea I would be the only voter to leave LeBron out of first. This isn’t Mrs. Wilson’s class, I don’t walk around asking fellow sportswriters their answers to the US History quiz. I had no idea whom the writers were voting for, so this was no LeBron conspiracy.

Secondly, this isn’t the Best Player in the Game award, it’s the Most Valuable Player award, and I think what Anthony accomplished this season was worthy of my vote. He led the Knicks to their first division title in 19 years.

That’s a long time ago.

Anthony led the league in scoring average and basically carried an old Knicks team to the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference. Amar’e Stoudemire missed most of the season with knee issues, Raymond Felton missed six weeks, and Tyson Chandler dealt with nagging injuries, leaving Anthony, J.R. Smith, and a bunch of lottery picks from the mid-1990s to win 54 games and beat the Miami Heat three times.

LeBron can win the MVP award every year. He is that good. And it’s to the point where I put him on a Michael Jordan scale. Jordan won five MVP awards but could have earned 10. In the 1992-93 season, Jordan averaged 32.6 points, 6.7 rebounds, 5.5 assists, and 2.8 steals and shot 49.5 percent from the field.

And the MVP award went to Charles Barkley.

So my vote had more to do with Anthony and less to do with the dominance of LeBron. If you were to take Anthony off the Knicks, they are a lottery team. James plays with two other All-Stars, the league’s all-time 3-point leader, a defensive stalwart, and a fearless point guard. The Heat are loaded.

If LeBron was taken away from the Heat, they still would be a fifth or sixth seed. He is the best player of this generation, a multifaceted superstar with the physical prowess of Adonis, but I chose to reward a player who has lifted his team to new heights.

The Knicks were slapped around last season by the Heat in the first round, swept by the Celtics the year before, and the constant has been Anthony. Stoudemire, an All-Star-caliber player when healthy, has been dealing with knee problems the past few years. Chandler is a defensive center, and Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, and Rasheed Wallace are beyond aging. That leaves the scoring load to Anthony and the mercurial Smith.

The perception that I knew the other 120 voters cast their first-place votes for LeBron and that I went against the grain as some kind of statement is inaccurate. I have covered the league for years, watched Jordan lose the 1996-97 MVP to Karl Malone, and understand that for one season, certain players just elevate their games. I thought Anthony was the most valuable player to his team this season, not the best player in the league.

And the fact that Anthony is struggling in the playoffs, three weeks after I cast my vote, is a serious case of Wednesday morning quarterbacking. Anthony scored 50 points at Miami April 2 and averaged 36.9 points in April when the Knicks were trying to lock down the Atlantic Division and the No. 2 seed.

LeBron had a marvelous season and should be the first player to win seven MVP awards, but this season I felt Anthony meant more to his team. It obviously was not a popular vote but it was my right to vote that way.

I definitely understand those who believe LeBron should have won unanimously but it’s no easy task making the Knicks relevant again and I think Anthony deserved my kudos for this season.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-06-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9660948)
I picked players that Jordan clashed with directly over the years; he never really mixed it up with Houston. Hakeem was great, but his peak was during Jordan's first retirement.

Yeah I know. Im just a huge Olajuwon homer. Here's a cool Bulls/Rockets clip. The ending is best.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/epPwITy_BMU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/epPwITy_BMU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

KevB 05-06-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9661209)
Yeah I know. Im just a huge Olajuwon homer. Here's a cool Bulls/Rockets clip. The ending is best.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/epPwITy_BMU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/epPwITy_BMU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Why am I not surprised the Rockets won that one? :)

Mad Max was a talented dude, too bad he was nuts.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-06-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9661480)

Yeah. He was. I was too young to really appreciate those Rockets teams, but Maxwell was a favorite. Looking back on old clips, I remember why.

But back to the thread topic. Im really pumped about this GS/SA series. Would be great to see the Spurs blow an open path to the Finals.

Pitt Gorilla 05-06-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9661480)

I always loved the front line of (H)Akeem and Thorpe. That second team was garbage, though.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 02:12 PM

Would have loved to see my bulls play the rockets during the mid 90s

DaKCMan AP 05-06-2013 03:23 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJm-0QHCEAIpQSC.jpg:large

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-06-2013 06:16 PM

Chicago hanging tough. Not sure they can keep it up

O.city 05-06-2013 06:18 PM

Chicago just doesn't have the firepower on offense. When the Heat start making shots, it wont' be much.

Deberg_1990 05-06-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9662310)
Would have loved to see my bulls play the rockets during the mid 90s

The Dream Shake. When done right, no can defend.

silver5liter 05-06-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9663236)
Chicago just doesn't have the firepower on offense. When the Heat start making shots, it wont' be much.

Late in games has been nate Robinson time lately. we will see if he can carry them.

-King- 05-06-2013 06:38 PM

On pace for 74 points lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler 05-06-2013 07:19 PM

The Bulls missing half their team are still game.

-King- 05-06-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9663417)

Coach Thibodeau is the best coach in the league.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-06-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9663417)

I haven't been keeping up. I figured Deng would be back, but apparently he's dying in a hospital somewhere

dirk digler 05-06-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9663419)
Coach Thibodeau is the best coach in the league.

no doubt. Now if they had an actual scorer in this game they might have a chance. I expect Lebron to take over any minute