ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC *2018 Sporting Kansas City Thread* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312968)

POND_OF_RED 03-04-2019 08:02 PM

Made no sense to run the same exact lineup for 3 games in a 10 day span. Especially when we took the 3 goal lead to Toluca. Now we have 9 tired legs from our normal starting lineup and one injured CB going into Panama Wednesday. I just don't understand. We built a team with tons of depth and versatility for this time in the schedule and we haven't used that depth at all.

penguinz 03-04-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14134674)
I was shocked to see the number of cards handed out... :eek:

I started watching second half and saw Zusi’s card which was legit. Was suprirised when they showed that was KC’s 7th with none for LAFC and this was only 50 minutes into the game.

Knew once they went to 10 it was over. Combine tired players with being down a man and Melia having peaked two years ago and it was a no brainer.

Rivaldo 04-04-2019 10:13 PM

where's the 2019 thread? lol

We were disgraceful tonight in Champions League.

POND_OF_RED 04-05-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivaldo (Post 14195202)

Definitely a reality check for the team. I say we throw in the towel and let the swope park rangers give it a shot next week.

GloryDayz 04-05-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivaldo (Post 14195202)

It's a process, and everybody probably has their opinion(s) about how/why we can't compete on the world stage. Yet. And probably not for a long time.

Rivaldo 04-11-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 14195248)
Definitely a reality check for the team. I say we throw in the towel and let the swope park rangers give it a shot next week.

I like it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14195539)
It's a process, and everybody probably has their opinion(s) about how/why we can't compete on the world stage. Yet. And probably not for a long time.

The United States men's national soccer team will never seriously contend for a World Cup unless manifold changes occur. I'm not sold on US Soccer's management, and the player pool lacks quality, largely because too many Americans play in the MLS. Shit, Zusi and Besler passed on opportunities to play in Europe after the South African World Cup(or Brazilian WC), and thereby passed on becoming better players.

2nd leg of SKC versus Monterrey tonight at Children's Mercy Park.

GloryDayz 04-11-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivaldo (Post 14203030)
I like it!

The United States men's national soccer team will never seriously contend for a World Cup unless manifold changes occur. I'm not sold on US Soccer's management, and the player pool lacks quality, largely because too many Americans play in the MLS. Shit, Zusi and Besler passed on opportunities to play in Europe after the South African World Cup(or Brazilian WC), and thereby passed on becoming better players.

2nd leg of SKC versus Monterrey tonight at Children's Mercy Park.

First, this cup has nothing to do with nationality, but understand your point too.
Perhaps, like other sports, we could pay a high percentage of the world's elite payers to play in the U.S. (think MLB and NHL), thus exposing, no, immersing, the American's on the team that next level of play?

I'm not saying it'll happen, it won't, but sending U.S. players to Europe to play doesn't really raise the other ships in U.S. harbors unless they come back. So yes, they would get better, but that doesn't help "U.S. soccer."

POND_OF_RED 04-11-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14203224)
First, this cup has nothing to do with nationality, but understand your point too.
Perhaps, like other sports, we could pay a high percentage of the world's elite payers to play in the U.S. (think MLB and NHL), thus exposing, no, immersing, the American's on the team that next level of play?

I'm not saying it'll happen, it won't, but sending U.S. players to Europe to play doesn't really raise the other ships in U.S. harbors unless they come back. So yes, they would get better, but that doesn't help "U.S. soccer."

The problem is baseball and hockey aren’t really huge global sports that have much interest on the world stage so it’s easy to buy all those top players. To spend the money you would have to spend to get these premier players to come to the MLS you’d have to build bigger stadiums than Arrowhead and sell them out every week. We’re too far behind to ever catch up with the European leagues.

GloryDayz 04-11-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 14203271)
The problem is baseball and hockey aren’t really huge global sports that have much interest on the world stage so it’s easy to buy all those top players. To spend the money you would have to spend to get these premier players to come to the MLS you’d have to build bigger stadiums than Arrowhead and sell them out every week. We’re too far behind to ever catch up with the European leagues.

All true. We're doomed... And that sucks.

Deberg_1990 04-14-2019 07:19 PM

Heh, Red Bull player got ejected towards the end game of the game for kicking a ball directly at a Sporting fan in the stands.

Demonpenz 04-14-2019 08:54 PM

That dude is lucky he didn't pull that shit in st joe. Would have gotten got.

GloryDayz 05-05-2019 08:33 PM

While it sucks to lose, watching Melia cry like a bitch every time he's scored on or has to make a save is getting old.

He needs to go IMO.

POND_OF_RED 05-06-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14254196)
While it sucks to lose, watching Melia cry like a bitch every time he's scored on or has to make a save is getting old.

He needs to go IMO.

Was at the game last night and I could see Zendejas annoyed after each goal. Don’t know how many chances Vermes is going to give him but he’s never been good. He’s simply been masked by an incredible back line. Zusi should be gone as well. He does not have the speed to keep up with the fast forwards in the league now. This whole team needs a huge kick in the ass.

GloryDayz 05-06-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 14254868)
Was at the game last night and I could see Zendejas annoyed after each goal. Don’t know how many chances Vermes is going to give him but he’s never been good. He’s simply been masked by an incredible back line. Zusi should be gone as well. He does not have the speed to keep up with the fast forwards in the league now. This whole team needs a huge kick in the ass.

And to think, this team was the one selected to play a club from Europe. After seeing Atlanta play yesterday, they would have been much better MLS competition than this SKC squad.

GloryDayz 06-29-2019 08:43 PM

This Sporting team is about as bad as I've ever seen them. I didn't think this year was supposed to be this bad. Man, these guys just aren't very good...