ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Kareem Hunt Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307438)

hometeam 04-29-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12848517)
I'm not polishing knob.

It's stupid to dismiss a mid-round pick at RB just because of his 40 time, though. It's not like he runs a 4.75....that would be damnable. 4.6? I bet there are a dozen reasonably effective NFL backs who ran 4.6 coming out.

I trust Dorsey at this position.

He ran 4.47 after the combine.

Not every back will be JC or Tyreek. This guy gonna ball.

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12848517)
I'm not polishing knob.

It's stupid to dismiss a mid-round pick at RB just because of his 40 time, though. It's not like he runs a 4.75....that would be damnable. 4.6? I bet there are a dozen reasonably effective NFL backs who ran 4.6 coming out.

I trust Dorsey at this position.

I'll bet he's close to a 4.7 at 225.

He cut a lot of weight prior to the combine to improve his 40 and got a below average 4.62 for his efforts. At his playing weight, he's probably around 4.7.

The tape backs it - the guy is genuinely slow.

hometeam 04-29-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848432)
Just seems like we've become "suck Dorseys dick planet" since the Mahomes pick.

He's still gonna miss on occasion and I think the euphoria of the Mahomes pick has people looking for reasons to be laudatory of everything. We have some confirmation bias as a result.

Like, y'know, ignoring the fact that this dude is getting run down from behind by linemen in his HIGHLIGHT film. Suddenly being slow doesn't matter because Priest Holmes wasn't a burner, as though outliers are a good reason to defend a pick. Or even worse, trying to argue that he isn't slow, which is just wrong. I would imagine he'd lose a foot race to Ware and West.

Eh

Hes down 30 pounds from then, ran 4.47 after the combine. Had weight issues in college. With a pro conditioning and strength program he will be fine speedwise.

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12848531)
Hes down 30 pounds from then, ran 4.47 after the combine. Had weight issues in college. With a pro conditioning and strength program he will be fine speedwise.

So he'll be West. Yea?

Besides, with his running style the answer isn't 'just cut weight'. He's a one cut, turn upfield kind of runner when he's being effective. He needs to be at 215-220, IMO.

Speed will never be an asset for him.

hometeam 04-29-2017 11:09 AM

He did run a 4.62 at the combine.. he also ran a 4.52 at the combine.

hometeam 04-29-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848536)
So he'll be West. Yea?

No?

Hell be Khunt. Might be same kind of speed as west but guess what.. dude doesnt go down to arm tackles, bullshit tackles, shoulder tackles, or anything else other than a wraparound full on real big boy tackle.

That alone puts him above West.

RunKC 04-29-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848536)
So he'll be West. Yea?

Besides, with his running style the answer isn't 'just cut weight'. He's a one cut, turn upfield kind of runner when he's being effective. He needs to be at 215-220, IMO.

Speed will never be an asset for him.

I'm gonna get shit for this, but his balance, vision and ability to make guys miss remind me of LeVeon Bell, who ran a 4.60 at the combine.

I thought the pick was okay, but after doing some research it looks like he could be off brand LeVeon Bell if he reaches his ceiling.

I can live with that for the allocation of a mid 3rd rd resource.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2017 11:18 AM

Seems to me like he's another Priest Holmes. I'd love to have Priest Holmes on this roster.

Meatloaf 04-29-2017 11:23 AM

To me, Hunt seems to have a bit of Marshawn Lynch in him. Tremendous strength, balance and vision with decent, but definitely not elite, speed. Would not surprise me to see this guy ending up as our starter before season's end. Really like this pick!!!

Warrick 04-29-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12848531)

That's the way I see it. I know he was playing at 225lbs, last I heard he was down to 208. Has he dropped anymore weight?

beach tribe 04-29-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12847758)
You speak the truth. All JC needed was half way blocks and he's past the LOS.

Charles was an extremely rare player.

Dude could get 5 a pop with ANY line.

beach tribe 04-29-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12848556)
Seems to me like he's another Priest Holmes. I'd love to have Priest Holmes on this roster.

I didn't say this because it's so easy to look at a guys build and say Priest Holmes!! But he really does remind me of him.

Dante84 04-29-2017 12:54 PM

Really excited to revisit this thread in a couple years.

This guy is going to ball.

Chief Northman 04-29-2017 01:08 PM

Years of Jamaal Charles have spoiled us. Reality is, he was really a non-factor the past two seasons and the run game was still respectable.

There are more dynamic runners than Hunt, but one cannot argue his four years of production. Durability and ball security are underrated factors about his game. Getting Hunt where the Chiefs got him fit the projection. Decent if not a solid pick. He will get fantastic coaching from Bieniemy don't forget.

oldandslow 04-29-2017 01:22 PM

I absolutely love this pick...gonna start from day one, injuries aside.

Wasn't really happy with Tawno, (Project, imo) but this totally makes up for it.

Holmes 2.0.