ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   No Combine thread? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290754)

Saccopoo 02-22-2015 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11342427)
Yes, if Paul Dawson is there in the 2nd for us, you have to pick him.

Dude...

Ya'll gotta stop with the Kendricks and Dawson stuff.

Dawson came into the combine at 6'0" and 235 lb. And he was at least 15 lb. overweight. The guy ran a 4.9 at 235. Are you ****ing kidding me? He'll get ****ing destroyed at the next level running that at that weight.

Kendricks carried it around his middle this year as well in an effort to try and hold up physically.

Both have very short arms (31"). Slow, short, light and stumpy is not going to have you playing middle in a 34. Period.

You can basically consider both of these dudes completely off the John Dorsey Decision Lens draft board. They check no boxes.

KC native 02-22-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11342589)
Dude...

Ya'll gotta stop with the Kendricks and Dawson stuff.

Dawson came into the combine at 6'0" and 235 lb. And he was at least 15 lb. overweight. The guy ran a 4.9 at 235. Are you ****ing kidding me? He'll get ****ing destroyed at the next level running that at that weight.

Kendricks carried it around his middle this year as well in an effort to try and hold up physically.

Both have very short arms (31"). Slow, short, light and stumpy is not going to have you playing middle in a 34. Period.

You can basically consider both of these dudes completely off the John Dorsey Decision Lens draft board. They check no boxes.

I don't know shit about Kendricks, but this is yet another of your long line of garbage opinions.

Yes, Dawson had an awful combine. Watch Dawson's film though. If you still don't think he's worth a 2nd rounder after that, then you have guzzled so much mormon cum that it's made you reeruned.

Saccopoo 02-22-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11342622)
I don't know shit about Kendricks, but this is yet another of your long line of garbage opinions.

Yes, Dawson had an awful combine. Watch Dawson's film though. If you still don't think he's worth a 2nd rounder after that, then you have guzzled so much mormon cum that it's made you reeruned.

Did you read anything?

The guy is 6'0".

He was 15 lbs. overweight at 235, where he ran a 4.9.

You really think he's going to play MLB in a 34?

Really?

Oh, and nice to see that you're religiously intolerant.

Saccopoo 02-22-2015 10:36 PM

I mean, christ...go ****ing ballistic will you.

You Dawson's mom or something?

The way you tried to protect that fat little butterball, you'd think I insulted your boyfriend.

Garbage opinion, huh?

Like thinking 6'0", 220 lbs. is a good idea in a 34 in the NFL? That level of good idea?

You ****ing reerun.

The Franchise 02-22-2015 10:41 PM

If I'm drafting Dawson....it's for the 4-3 and letting him play WLB.

BryanBusby 02-22-2015 11:08 PM

As fun as it is to bag on Sacc, and it is, he's right in this instance.

Lighter, shorter dudes with t rex arms really don't fit well into a 3-4.

redshirt32 02-23-2015 10:31 AM

Darby makin some money today

saphojunkie 02-23-2015 10:44 AM

I think we're going to have to pull the trigger on a DB early. Either a press corner to replace Smith eventually or safety to replace Berry.

redshirt32 02-23-2015 11:59 AM

Waynes 4.31 Darbys time changed to 4.38

OldSchool 02-23-2015 12:16 PM

Screw Dawson, give me Stephone Anthony in the 3rd with the comp pick and call it a day at ILB. Way better closing speed than any other ILB prospect this year.

KC native 02-23-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11342662)
Did you read anything?

The guy is 6'0".

He was 15 lbs. overweight at 235, where he ran a 4.9.

You really think he's going to play MLB in a 34?

Really?

Oh, and nice to see that you're religiously intolerant.

You might have a point if he hadn't played in a defensive scheme that is very similar to what the Chiefs run.

You can jerk off to your combine stats all you want, but when you watch the film that kid is a damn good lb and will be a good pro.

I ****ing hate when people get so hung up on the combine and forget that the point of the draft is to pick football players not workout warriors (hellooooooooo Vernon Gholson).

KC native 02-23-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 11342718)
As fun as it is to bag on Sacc, and it is, he's right in this instance.

Lighter, shorter dudes with t rex arms really don't fit well into a 3-4.

Watch his film. He played in a scheme that is similar to one of the Chiefs dominant sub-packages.

BryanBusby 02-23-2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11343591)
Watch his film. He played in a scheme that is similar to one of the Chiefs dominant sub-packages.

That doesn't mean he fits well into it on the next level or that he would fit into the Chiefs defense.

kccrow 02-23-2015 05:10 PM

Really impressed with CB Kevin Johnson of Wake Forest today. He's been very high on my radar but he might have put himself into 1st round consideration today. I'd be ecstatic if KC could get him in round 2 at this point.

Saccopoo 02-23-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11343586)
You might have a point if he hadn't played in a defensive scheme that is very similar to what the Chiefs run.

You can jerk off to your combine stats all you want, but when you watch the film that kid is a damn good lb and will be a good pro.

I ****ing hate when people get so hung up on the combine and forget that the point of the draft is to pick football players not workout warriors (hellooooooooo Vernon Gholson).

I'm not hung up on the Combine numbers and I love Dawson's play this past season. Guy was an absolute beast.

What I'm saying is that he had to put on 15 pounds of bad weight just to get up to 235 for the Combine weigh in. You watch him playing and he's a legit 215/220 lb. dude during his college days. Combine that with his lack of height, short arms and horrible speed (4.93) and low burst (atrocious 28" vertical) at that weight, there is no way he's playing middle linebacker at the NFL level in a 34.

Yes, the Chiefs played in a quasi-425 much like Dick Bumpas runs at TCU, but he's not going to do that effectively at the NFL level at 215/225 lbs. at the ILB position. That's one of your extra safeties, who's running much faster with better pass defense skills.

I know what you are saying with the similarities in the system and what Dawson showed on tape in college. But that isn't translating to the next level because of his physical limitations.

And let's not sugar coat it - a guy going into the Combine that looked as bad as he did and ran as slow and jumped as low as he did is not showing much in the way of dedication, preparation and commitment.

The ****ing guy failed it. Huge. F-.

4.93 and 28" at only 235 lbs. That's a major embarrassment.