ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2015 Missouri Tigers Football Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289639)

TribalElder 01-26-2015 08:06 AM

I guess that's what happens when organizations don't aknowledge accomplishments of star performers

Perineum Ripper 01-26-2015 08:26 AM

Well..shit..that ****ing blows

kepp 01-26-2015 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11292683)
I guess that's what happens when organizations don't aknowledge accomplishments of star performers

I have to think that there were other things going on behind the scenes there. Pinkel is loyal to a fault and almost always promotes from within. I know Odom is former Mizzou, but Pinkel had to have known the risks of pissing Kul off.

TomBarndtsTwin 01-26-2015 08:33 AM

I think the doom and gloom is a little presumptuous in this thread. No one from the athletic Dept. has given any indication that Coach Kul was unhappy with Odom's hiring or that even wanted the position. Plus, all of this is being leaked from the Illinois side so far. It's no secret that Illinois was pissed about the Ricker hiring. Could be some payback for that? Not saying the Illini didn't make an offer to Kul, but them making an offer and him accepting are two different things. Further, we're talking a coaching regimen at Illinois that is on the verge of being shitcanned. No stability there whatsoever. Not sure why Coach Kul would leave a mid-tier to potentially up-tier SEC program to go to a bottom tier Big 10 program in Illinois. And the timing right before NSD?!? Coach Kul has been meeting with recruits all week and has always been a very classy guy. Don't see him blind siding Mizzou with this out of nowhere right before NSD, which could cost them some recruits. Just find it hard to believe.

I'm fairly confident an offer was made, but I think it was done for a number of reasons and I think it is MUCH more likely that Illinois is stirring the pot, trying to piss in Mizzou's Cheerios or could even be that Kul's agent (Jimmy Sexton - Mizzou fans know him well) is angling for a raise, which is certainly well deserved IMO.

I just don't see him leaving Mizzou for Illinois, even for a title promotion. I think this is all much ado about nothing, but I guess we'll wait and see. If I'm wrong, I'll own it. But nothing about this situation makes sense.

But Coach Kul does deserve a raise and Mizzou needs to make that happen ASAP!

duncan_idaho 01-26-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 11292696)
I have to think that there were other things going on behind the scenes there. Pinkel is loyal to a fault and almost always promotes from within. I know Odom is former Mizzou, but Pinkel had to have known the risks of pissing Kul off.

Here's the way I look at it:

Pinkel knows Kul pretty well. He's been on staff with Pinkel for like 23 years. Pinkel knows he aspires to be a defensive coordinator and had passed him over once before.

When Pinkel hired Odom, he had to have a pretty good idea of the effect it would have on Kuligiowski. Yet he still went outside the program to make the hire.

That means either Pinkel is confident they can keep Kul with a raise, or he's not incredibly concerned about losing him.

Losing one position coach - even one as excellent as Kul - is not going to kill the program, as long as the hire to replace him is a quality one.

Pitt Gorilla 01-26-2015 12:49 PM

Matter tweeted that he expects Kul to stay.

Al Bundy 01-26-2015 12:57 PM

HAVE to believe Beckner is an MU guy at this point.

Saul Good 01-26-2015 01:03 PM

Kul confirms that he is staying.

Pitt Gorilla 01-26-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 11292274)
He'd be insane to leave for Illinois. Much better jobs will be available to him in the near future.

this. Kul is nowhere near that stupid.

TomBarndtsTwin 01-26-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11293087)
Kul confirms that he is staying.

As expected. Much ado about nothing (other than a healthy raise).

Pitt Gorilla 01-26-2015 01:46 PM

Illinois fans were really talking up how great Kul is. It's always nice to see that kind of appreciation from another fanbase.

TomBarndtsTwin 01-26-2015 01:58 PM

Coach Kul is great and I'd hate to lose him, but at some point with Mizzou's D-Line success, some big name Power 5 is gonna come along and offer him the D-Cord tag. And he'll probably take it. As he probably should.

But as Duncan mentioned, the Mizzou football program isn't make or break with one assistant. He's great at what he does, but Mizzou has a system they believe very strongly in and the next guy, whoever he is, will plug into that system and keep going. Whenever that time comes.

But there was no way in hell he was leaving for Illinois of all places . . . . .

Pitt Gorilla 01-26-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 11293196)
Coach Kul is great and I'd hate to lose him, but at some point with Mizzou's D-Line success, some big name Power 5 is gonna come along and offer him the D-Cord tag. And he'll probably take it. As he probably should.

But as Duncan mentioned, the Mizzou football program isn't make or break with one assistant. He's great at what he does, but Mizzou has a system they believe very strongly in and the next guy, whoever he is, will plug into that system and keep going. Whenever that time comes.

But there was no way in hell he was leaving for Illinois of all places . . . . .

Agreed. That being said, Mizzou needs to do all they can to keep Dr. Ivey happy.

WhawhaWhat 01-28-2015 07:20 AM

Josh Moore, 3-star TE, decommitted from Kansas yesterday and he has a visit to Mizzou on Friday. He was committed to Ohio State last summer but then chose Kansas instead.

KChiefs1 01-28-2015 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 11296351)
Josh Moore, 3-star TE, decommitted from Kansas yesterday and he has a visit to Mizzou on Friday. He was committed to Ohio State last summer but then chose Kansas instead.

That's hilarious! I just posted his twitter in the KU thread.