ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Is Marijuana a gateway for harder drugs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285813)

KC native 08-21-2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10837195)
I dropped some LSD before a doctors appointment once thinking I'd be out of there before it kicked in. I started tripping in the waiting room and had to talk the doc out of admitting me to the hospital after he took my blood pressure. Kids do dumb stuff, which is why I'm not a parent, but if I was, I'd keep the lines of communication as open as possible with them and try to mitigate as much damage as I could.

LMAO

"My blood pressure is ok Dr. I just took a bunch of drugs before I got here."

KC native 08-21-2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 10836318)
OP - I am a pot smoker and it has been a solid positive in my life. That said, my TL/DR story is this:

My son started smoking at 17. I disagreed (at his age and point in life). One time, they couldn't find any so they bought some Spice. My son died that night.

Point is, they are going to do it. It is in our culture and as you said; peer pressure. Educate them, let them, supply it and regulate it. I know that sounds extreme.

For the record, I do not believe it to be a gateway drug. I have no interest in any other drug, though I have done a few more in my lifetime in certain circumstances. The high IQ ones. :']

Ugh, that sucks man.

I have some neighborhood kids (17 and 19) that I smoke with on occasion to keep them from buying shit like that and dealing with their low life friends or their tweaker dad's friends.

KCUnited 08-21-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10837257)
LMAO

"My blood pressure is ok Dr. I just took a bunch of drugs before I got here."

It was my family doctor so I'm sure he knew I was on something. I told him I had somebody to take me straight home to rest (the crew tripping their balls off in the parking lot waiting for me).

-King- 08-21-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10836381)
I think the gateway is in making the decision to break a law for a buzz. With drugs, deciding to use a completely illegal substance for that buzz.

I don't know anyone that's used pot and hasn't at least tried harder stuff, or would be willing if the opportunity was there. Once that decision is made to cross that threshold, it's easier to go further.

Where the hell do you live and what kind of people do you associate with?

htismaqe 08-21-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10837333)

Pretty sure he doesn't live too far from me and this is small town Iowa where I live.

Oxy, meth, and huffing gas.

I know he said he doesn't know anybody that smokes pot that hasn't tried something else but I would turn that around and say I don't know a junkie or huffer that doesn't smoke pot.

A lot of people around here don't START with pot. They start with scripts or crank...

DaFace 08-21-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10837333)

No kidding. I know at least a dozen people who smoke pot at least every once in a while, and I only know 1-2 who have ever done any harder drugs.

Katipan 08-21-2014 08:54 AM

I never would have tried coke if it wasn't for the half naked chick. And I'm really not ashamed of my choice. Smoked pot for years before that happened. Nothing else. Won't even take prescription pills. And I had 3 c-sections. We don't drink. We have never smoked cigarettes. We're as active and healthy as anyone here except for the freaks in the physical fitness thread.

Pot just turns everything down a notch. Less noise, stress, unreasonable worrying. At least for me.

Had a blast living in Iowa tho. Sort of. Community wide garage sales are popular in small towns. You'd get a map at the gas station of the whole town (usually fits on one paper) with the sales. We used to color in the houses of the people we knew smoked pot. I know, I know, but ****, there nothing to do.

If people that don't smoke pot really knew how many friends, family members, and neighbors, secretly smoke pot, they too would smoke pot. If only to keep their brains from exploding.

htismaqe 08-21-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10837378)
If people that don't smoke pot really knew how many friends, family members, and neighbors, secretly smoke pot, they too would smoke pot. If only to keep their brains from exploding.

Holy shit, that's it.

This is why people say "everybody I know who smokes pot does hard drugs".

That's because people who do hard drugs are usually OBVIOUS. You can spot a meth-head a mile away.

There's dozens of secret pot smokers out there in everyone's circle of acquaintances that don't do hard drugs but nobody has noticed them because they're not obvious.

Graystoke 08-21-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10837378)
I never would have tried coke if it wasn't for the half naked chick. And I'm really not ashamed of my choice. Smoked pot for years before that happened. Nothing else. Won't even take prescription pills. And I had 3 c-sections. We don't drink. We have never smoked cigarettes. We're as active and healthy as anyone here except for the freaks in the physical fitness thread.

Pot just turns everything down a notch. Less noise, stress, unreasonable worrying. At least for me.

Had a blast living in Iowa tho. Sort of. Community wide garage sales are popular in small towns. You'd get a map at the gas station of the whole town (usually fits on one paper) with the sales. We used to color in the houses of the people we knew smoked pot. I know, I know, but ****, there nothing to do.

See when I smoke, it gives me energy. We call it "Enhancement". Time to play outside hockey? Lets "Enhance". Time to split wood for the Winter? Lets "Enhance". Wanna go Sailing?...you get the point
What part of Iowa did you live in?

htismaqe 08-21-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 10837402)
See when I smoke, it gives me energy. We call it "Enhancement". Time to play outside hockey? Lets "Enhance". Time to split wood for the Winter? Lets "Enhance". Wanna go Sailing?...you get the point

That's me.

I smoke when I do yard work. Makes it far less monotonous and I get a lot more done.

Katipan 08-21-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 10837402)

There's a few strains that do that to me. :) In fact, at my first dispensary I asked for something that would make housework fun. But I'm fairly energetic, since I've never had a man job or anything. So for me, it just makes my role as the hub of emotional stability and physical comfort, easier.

Indicas knock me out. I like a nice hybrid.

I lived in Northwest Iowa. An hour north of Sioux city, 1/2 an hour from MN. And I say "lived" very loosely.

Abba-Dabba 08-21-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10837418)
There's a few strains that do that to me. :) In fact, at my first dispensary I asked for something that would make housework fun. But I'm fairly energetic, since I've never had a man job or anything. So for me, it just makes my role as the hub of emotional stability and physical comfort, easier.

I lived in Northwest Iowa. An hour north of Sioux city, 1/2 an hour from MN. And I say "lived" very loosely.

I'm right there with you on that. Getting a complex meal of cannabinoids to feed my endocannabinoid system is what helps me the most.

Graystoke 08-21-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10837418)

Ya, I am super energetic. Smoking never lays me down. I want to get outside when I do smoke and do STUFF.
We live in the Northeastern part of the state of Iowa. Plenty of outdoor stuff near the Mississippi River bluff country