ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Billy Butler Hate Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282978)

CoMoChief 08-09-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10805074)
but maybe playing in the field got/kept his mind off his slump

sometimes any change at all will switch things up and break a string

He not just sitting there in the dugout thinking about his next at bat while the team is in the field.

maybe .....

It makes for Butler to be a weak minded person. But I think this actually may be the case. Bottom line is, the Royals absolutely can't afford to have Butler going back to how he was before this most recent surge at the plate.

Which begs the question. If Butler is indeed playing better because he's out on the field not thinking about his past/next plate appearances and overthinking at the plate, and then having it end up being counter-productive, then would it be wise to let things be the way they are, let Hosmer DH while his injury fully heals and ease him back into things? And to be honest, Hosmer has been kind of a disappointment this season as well. It's a valid yet out of the box kind of scenario that Yost may have to consider. Royals certainly do need Hosmer's defense at 1B, but they need Butler's hot bat even more...MUCH more.

Mr. Laz 08-09-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10805087)
It makes for Butler to be a weak minded person. But I think this actually may be the case. Bottom line is, the Royals absolutely can't afford to have Butler going back to how he was before this most recent surge at the plate.

Which begs the question. If Butler is indeed playing better because he's out on the field not thinking about his past/next plate appearances and overthinking at the plate, and then having it end up being counter-productive, then would it be wise to let things be the way they are, let Hosmer DH while his injury fully heals and ease him back into things? And to be honest, Hosmer has been kind of a disappointment this season as well. It's a valid yet out of the box kind of scenario that Yost may have to consider. Royals certainly do need Hosmer's defense at 1B, but they need Butler's hot bat even more...MUCH more.

Butler plays 1st and use Hosmer as a defensive replacement until his wrist heals beyond any doubt.

then maybe rotate them to make sure you ease hosmer's wrist back into the lineup.

Deberg_1990 08-09-2014 09:37 AM

I still hope he's gone next season regardless of how well he plays out the year.

He gives us no flexibility with the DH when Hosmer plays, and he just doesn't hit with enough power for a full season. Not worth keeping.

SAUTO 08-09-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10804838)
Butler is a -0.4 WAR or worse than a replacement level player and is worth -$2.2M this season so no- nobody is eating any crow criticizing him. It's nice he's been good for a couple weeks but if he'd done anything earlier we'd be tied for the division lead.

Shut the **** up.
Posted via Mobile Device

TLO 08-09-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10804255)
Eric Hosmer fixed Belly. Get it right n00b.

:sulk:

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10805113)
Shut the **** up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Write fan graphs a letter and tell them how angry their data makes you. They'll probably laugh their ass off at you.

Sure-Oz 08-09-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10805100)
I still hope he's gone next season regardless of how well he plays out the year.

He gives us no flexibility with the DH when Hosmer plays, and he just doesn't hit with enough power for a full season. Not worth keeping.

This team doesn't even know how to use the DH position as well. Starting Kratz last night...are you ****ing kidding me?

SAUTO 08-09-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805143)
Write fan graphs a letter and tell them how angry their data makes you. They'll probably laugh their ass off at you.

I'm not angry.

Just tired of seeing your dumbass posts. Seriously, no one gives a ****.
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish 08-09-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10805087)

Former Royals catcher Mike MacFarlane was on 810 mid morning Thursday or Friday. When the question was asked "What do you do when Hosmer returns"?, Mac answered "Start Hosmer at 1B. No question.".

Personally I don't think I would. Until BB cools off (and he will), I'd play him at 1B and use Hosmer as a defensive replacement or DH. I figure another 2 weeks and BB will be topping GIDP balls everywhere again. Hos is out for another month anyway, so if the Royals make the move we hope they make, it'll be w/o Hosmer.

Until then, I'd let him play 1B.

Mr. Laz 08-09-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10805203)
Former Royals catcher Mike MacFarlane was on 810 mid morning Thursday or Friday. When the question was asked "What do you do when Hosmer returns"?, Mac answered "Start Hosmer at 1B. No question.".

Personally I don't think I would. Until BB cools off (and he will), I'd play him at 1B and use Hosmer as a defensive replacement or DH. I figure another 2 weeks and BB will be topping GIDP balls everywhere again. Hos is out for another month anyway, so if the Royals make the move we hope they make, it'll be w/o Hosmer.

It would be tempting to keep going with Butler, at least until Hosmers wrist is so healed that he can't even remember it being hurt. lol.

our offense has been better with butler hot than Hosmer hitting .270.

Mr. Arrowhead 08-09-2014 11:01 AM

I would bring Hosmer back at 1st and move Hosmer to the back end of the line up

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10805113)
Shut the **** up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10805165)
I'm not angry.

Just tired of seeing your dumbass posts. Seriously, no one gives a ****.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nobody is eating crow over saying a player who sucks, sucks despite a short hot spell. I don't know why that made you so angry. Not everyone is a blind homer who thinks every Royal is good.

Mr. Laz 08-09-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10805222)
I would bring Hosmer back at 1st and move Hosmer to the back end of the line up

and if pulling Butler from the field loses us our hottest hitter?

Mr. Arrowhead 08-09-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10805233)
and if pulling Butler from the field loses us our hottest hitter?

IMO that has anything to do with it

Deberg_1990 08-09-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10805203)

Id have to run the numbers, but is there really much of a defensive drop off from Hosmer to butler? If not, it's tempting to play Hosmer at DH.