ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox Fall 2013: Sleepy Hollow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273051)

Frosty 10-02-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10040521)
It was definitely poor explained, especially confusing was the forceful dragging her out of the interrogation room which kind of implies they are taking her to a sanitarium.

I imagine that if a girl disappeared for four days and then came back insisting she had seen demons while she was gone, she would at least have some psych counseling before returning to her foster family. Probably wouldn't happen to a kid not in the foster system.

Look at me trying to make sense of this show. LMAO It's TV's version of a popcorn flick. Turn your brain off and enjoy the cool monsters. :D

mr. tegu 10-02-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10040535)
I imagine that if a girl disappeared for four days and then came back insisting she had seen demons while she was gone, she would at least have some psych counseling before returning to her foster family. Probably wouldn't happen to a kid not in the foster system.

Look at me trying to make sense of this show. LMAO It's TV's version of a popcorn flick. Turn your brain off and enjoy the cool monsters. :D

Yeah I agree. I think I have been a little hard on it because I was expecting something a little deeper with more substance going in. I will continue watching for now though.

Frosty 10-02-2013 10:24 AM

I didn't really have any expectations, so it's hard to be disappointed. A lot of shows in this genre are silly and hokey at first (Supernatural comes to mind) and then get better. I doubt FOX gives it enough time to do that, though.

whoman69 10-02-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10040573)
I didn't really have any expectations, so it's hard to be disappointed. A lot of shows in this genre are silly and hokey at first (Supernatural comes to mind) and then get better. I doubt FOX gives it enough time to do that, though.

I'm getting that 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo vibe. Are they really planning on seven years of monster of the week?

underEJ 10-02-2013 01:23 PM

Just watched the first of this off my dvr and the only things I like about it are the Ichabod Crane character and visually, the horseman itself, sans the apocalyptic story stuff. I agree with most everything said here. Great premise that is not getting its due. Why waste this literary character on modern apocalypse nonsense. There is real historical evidence of apocalyptic movement concurrent to the American Revolution. If you are going to go there, go all the way there.

whoman69 10-03-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 10041069)
Just watched the first of this off my dvr and the only things I like about it are the Ichabod Crane character and visually, the horseman itself, sans the apocalyptic story stuff. I agree with most everything said here. Great premise that is not getting its due. Why waste this literary character on modern apocalypse nonsense. There is real historical evidence of apocalyptic movement concurrent to the American Revolution. If you are going to go there, go all the way there.

Period pieces don't play well on TV anymore.

keg in kc 10-03-2013 12:27 PM

Woah. Already renewed for season 2. That's not very Fox-like.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...by-fox/206774/

Frazod 10-03-2013 12:45 PM

I'm two episodes behind now, and based on what I'm reading I don't even know if I'll bother watching them.

keg in kc 10-03-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10043518)
I'm two episodes behind now, and based on what I'm reading I don't even know if I'll bother watching them.

It hasn't been that bad.

kcxiv 10-03-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10043425)
Woah. Already renewed for season 2. That's not very Fox-like.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...by-fox/206774/

because its number 1 viewed show in its time slot, why would they kill a show when its leading in the ratings? The drop offs from the show have somewhat leveled out. Unless it goes really bad all of a sudden, it was a given on the renewal. 3.0 and 9million people viewing isnt bad at all

kcxiv 10-03-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10040101)
I just caught the third episode. It was so silly that the Native American had all these things for the sleeping ritual just all ready to go.

And no, a 14 year old girl or whatever age they were, would not be sent to an insane asylum for saying she saw a demon/monster in the woods.

she would if the town was crooked which it is, and the people running the town know about all this supernatural stuff.

keg in kc 10-03-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10043838)
because its number 1 viewed show in its time slot, why would they kill a show when its leading in the ratings? The drop offs from the show have somewhat leveled out. Unless it goes really bad all of a sudden, it was a given on the renewal. 3.0 and 9million people viewing isnt bad at all

No doubt, it's just a very, very early renewal.

NBC did the same thing with Revolution last fall, and the bottom dropped out of that show's ratings during the 2nd half of the year. I could see something similar happening here, although I think Sleepy Hollow has been better than Revolution was.

007 10-03-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10043518)

Well if it means anything, I have liked it so far.

007 10-03-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10043888)
No doubt, it's just a very, very early renewal.

NBC did the same thing with Revolution last fall, and the bottom dropped out of that show's ratings during the 2nd half of the year. I could see something similar happening here, although I think Sleepy Hollow has been better than Revolution was.

NBC shot themselves in the foot by putting the show on hiatus for FOUR ****ing months.

I wish networks would just do what fox eventually did with 24 and air the episodes non stop.

DaneMcCloud 10-03-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10043938)
Well if it means anything, I have liked it so far.

And I deleted it in my series manager.

:D