ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

Aries Walker 10-24-2013 04:38 PM

It's good, and that's all. It's part of the Marvel universe, so it should be great, but it's just . . . good.

DaneMcCloud 10-24-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10120509)
It's about time for some meaningful events to happen. It's felt like a month and a half of introduction and setup.

Yeah, I keep waiting for something cool to happen. I don't know if this is Disney keeping family friendly for the 8pm time slot or that they don't want to step on the toes of Phase 2 and Phase 3.

Regardless, they're bleeding audience and if they don't fix it soon, it'll be too late to save it.

007 10-24-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10120462)
Hmm, I thought last night's episode was worse than the pilot.

And as I've said in other threads, I like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mom, Masters of Sex and the pilot of The Blacklist. I haven't watched the rest of the episodes yet.

S.H.I.E.L.D.
seems to be moving backwards for me. There's no tension. Everyone knew that Skye wouldn't betray Coulson and the team. "Scorch" seemed generic.

Until there's some real, believable conflict, it'll be hard to connect for me.

I thought the pilot was a letdown and the 2nd week was about the same. However, I have felt that it has gotten better each week since then. Probably just a taste thing though. Personally, I like Sleepy Hollow as well. Not great but enough to keep me interested. Blacklist has been great!!!

Deberg_1990 10-24-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10120587)
I thought the pilot was a letdown and the 2nd week was about the same. However, I have felt that it has gotten better each week since then. Probably just a taste thing though. Personally, I like Sleepy Hollow as well. Not great but enough to keep me interested. Blacklist has been great!!!

Almost Human premier got kicked back a couple weeks till mid November. That might be decent.
Posted via Mobile Device

ragedogg69 10-24-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10120440)
Seems like lately you just don't like anything on TV Dane.

Dan Harmon calls that consuming by complaining.

Actually, Dane's take on TV this season is pretty solid.

007 10-24-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10120596)
Almost Human premier got kicked back a couple weeks till mid November. That might be decent.
Posted via Mobile Device

yes, I'm really looking forward to that one.

007 10-24-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10120607)

Well, thats an opinion. But it all comes down to personal tastes. I just happen to disagree with him when it comes to TV this year.

Valiant 10-24-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10120462)
Hmm, I thought last night's episode was worse than the pilot.

And as I've said in other threads, I like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mom, Masters of Sex and the pilot of The Blacklist. I haven't watched the rest of the episodes yet.

S.H.I.E.L.D.
seems to be moving backwards for me. There's no tension. Everyone knew that Skye wouldn't betray Coulson and the team. "Scorch" seemed generic.

Until there's some real, believable conflict, it'll be hard to connect for me.

I think that is what it will be, generic. It is a marvel universe but I doubt they want these agents to get into some real shit against huge marvel characters.
they want that for the movies. It will be shield against generic villians and finding heroes.

I think eventually they bust out cameos or the season cliff hanger of a big time marvel character. Hell they could introduce the new actors that will be in the 2014movies.

Kind of like how a certain people hated avengers but loved batman, Avengers was the quintessential comic movie..

Aries Walker 10-24-2013 06:44 PM

I'd like to see the show be a venue where they can show some of the more minor, street-level, FX-lite characters that would never be 'big' enough for a movie slot. They've already given us the origin story of Graviton; they could easily write in Taskmaster, Wrecking Crew, and the Agents of Atlas, among others.

TEX 10-24-2013 06:48 PM

I think it's pretty dumb.

keg in kc 10-25-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10120596)
Posted via Mobile Device

Been some behind-the-scenes trouble with that one. Although I do think they're being smart moving its premiere date to right behind a big NFL double-header. Should give it a boost.

ragedogg69 10-25-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10120631)
Well, thats an opinion. But it all comes down to personal tastes. I just happen to disagree with him when it comes to TV this year.

Oh for sure. I was saying more of his explanations of his opinion. Rather than just saying, this show sucks or this show is great, he explains, giving examples of his opinion.

To me, Agents seems to have an identity crisis. It cannot figure out if it wants to be Alias or the first 3 seasons of Chuck. Right now it is a meddling version of Burn Notice. If this was a summer series, it would be okay, but its going up against fall competition. Kinda like Rookie Blue, which had no reason to be renewed, but since ABC kept it for midseason/summer, it kept its numbers up.

ABC cannot afford to do that with SHIELD, so they need to figure out quickly how to stop this backslide in the ratings.

whoman69 10-25-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10120631)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10120607)

I think TV has improved from the reality TV days. At least shows are being written now, not just scripted.

siberian khatru 11-01-2013 10:29 AM

We Have a Theory About Agents of SHIELD and Agent Coulson

The real Phil Coulson is in a coma hidden away in a SHIELD facility somewhere connected to the decoy Coulson we’re seeing on the show.

Deberg_1990 11-04-2013 05:23 PM

Going to be a Thor 2 crossover on Shield in a few weeks

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/01/ag...r-2-crossover/

It’s official: Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD is doing a crossover episode with the upcoming film

After Dark World is released in theaters Nov. 8, the Nov. 19 episode of S.H.I.E.L.D., “The Well,” will continue where the film left off. Here’s the official description: “In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces–one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.”
The episode is directed by sci-fi TV luminary Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek: The Next Generation), who previously directed an episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. co-creator Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse.
There’s a slew of announced guest stars in the episode, but none from Thor 2 (so no Chris Hemsworth stopping by to wave his hammer at Coulson): “Peter MacNicol as Professor Elliot Randolph, Michael Graziadei as Jakob Nystrom, Erin Way as Petra Larsen, Toby Wilson as Neils, Alex Neustaedter as Maynard and Sylvia Brindis as Elena.”