ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

Quesadilla Joe 11-02-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

With the PlayStation Camera or the included mono headset, you can “control key PS4 functions using [voice] commands such as starting up a game or taking a screenshot.” I’m sure Sony has mentioned this in the past, but the company has generally buried any talk of this feature. Microsoft, on the other hand, has been trumpeting the Xbox One Kinect’s support for voice commands from the highest rooftops for months now.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/1...ssive-ps4-faq/

New World Order 11-02-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10149267)

It's very limited and doesn't/won't have near the capabilities as the one.

Quesadilla Joe 11-02-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10149282)
It's very limited and doesn't/won't have near the capabilities as the one.

Link?

New World Order 11-02-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10149283)
Link?

That's the problem. It's an inferior piece of hardware. I can't find any links that show what the ps4 eye can do other than some voice commands for the ps4 ui. Something 360 kinect already does. The bad thing is it's an optional device which means there won't be many future updates for the thing.

Sony has the better exclusives but I have seen one's ui in action and it's a good enough reason to buy the console over the ps4.

Rausch 11-02-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10149231)
I am talking about voice control. I have seen the UI on the one and it is slick as hell. Absolutely everything from raising/lowering volume, changing channels, turning on your tv/console, switching inputs etc.. can be done with your voice. It's just confusing as to why one would get a ps4 versus something so innovative.

Probably because I don't want everything going all wonky once the wife comes home and starts off with a tirade...

Malcor 11-02-2013 04:21 PM

Gaming Media Defend Xbox One's Higher Price, Lower Resolution

007 11-02-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10149118)
Xbone looks to be the better investment. It is a device you would use absolutely every day (assuming you have a cable box).

Yeah, that is exactly what I don't want. I'll turn on my console when I am playing a game or watching a movie and thats it. I don't want my console to be my TV hub.

lewdog 11-02-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10149786)
Yeah, that is exactly what I don't want. I'll turn on my console when I am playing a game or watching a movie and thats it. I don't want my console to be my TV hub.

Aren't you the resident cheapskate who bags on people about their cable bills? And here you are wanting to drop some serious coin on something that plays some video games.

007 11-02-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10149902)
Aren't you the resident cheapskate who bags on people about their cable bills? And here you are wanting to drop some serious coin on something that plays some video games.

I choose how to spend my money thank you very much.

Oh, and if you were paying any attention at all, you would know that I am getting the ps4 virtually free because the money is all from gift cards I earned using e-rewards

Buck 11-02-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10149222)
Yeah, you can get what is basically an Xbox controller for the PS4. Will definitely be one of the first things I buy to get rid of that PS4 controller.

Really? Is it made by Sony?

lewdog 11-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10149917)
I choose how to spend my money thank you very much.

Oh, and if you were paying any attention at all, you would know that I am getting the ps4 virtually free because the money is all from gift cards I earned using e-rewards

I'm just giving you shit. I'm not just a cheapskate...but a jew cheapskate. We are teh worst kind!

I'll enjoy my DTV and Sunday ticket while you play your video games. LMAO

e-rewards? like cash back from credit card use?

Mr. Plow 11-02-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10149997)
Really? Is it made by Sony?

I don't think it's made by Sony - but it's virtually an Xbox controller for the PS4. Someone posted about it in one of these threads.

aturnis 11-02-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10150244)
I don't think it's made by Sony - but it's virtually an Xbox controller for the PS4. Someone posted about it in one of these threads.

Silly. Most who have some hands on reviews of the new Sony controller prefer it over anything Xbox has.

Quesadilla Joe 11-02-2013 09:23 PM

Yeah the PS4 controller has been getting rave reviews so far.

007 11-03-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10150030)
I'm just giving you shit. I'm not just a cheapskate...but a jew cheapskate. We are teh worst kind!

I'll enjoy my DTV and Sunday ticket while you play your video games. LMAO

e-rewards? like cash back from credit card use?

Basically you just fill out a bunch of surveys and they give you fake money redeemable for Gamestop gift cards.