ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: drafting Geno now? Almost as big a coup as getting Montana in 93 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270738)

RealSNR 03-05-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9466062)
Ok give me another MLB, keep in mind he needs to basically be a vet leader that only has to play in base defense.

Why do we need a vet? We HAVE a vet. Derrick Johnson. And he doesn't suck (yet).

Why not draft somebody in the middle rounds to fill that position? It's not like if this defense has problems next year it will ALLLL be because we didn't shore up Belcher's LB spot with a vet instead of a rookie

Direckshun 03-05-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9466055)
Yeah, I just re-read it, laughed my ass off and decided to use it as my sig. And I'm not even a sig guy.

It's just so utterly ridiculous to compare a college QB that isn't even the consensus best QB in the draft to 4-Time Super Bowl Winning QB Joe Montana.

****ing awesome.

ROFL

I think (potentially) aggressively moving your 1, your 2 and maybe next year's 2 to give your team a brand new QB depth chart of everybody's dream option of a steady-ish vet and a high-upside youngster, would be a phenomenal coup for the Chiefs.

It would mean they landed the best veteran QB on the market in Smith, and the best rookie QB on the market in Geno.

This franchise needs a sea change, much like Herm's sea change in 2006 when he declared a turn away from veterans and a turn towards the NFL Draft and a youth revolution. That revolution still guides this team to this day.

I think Reid's game, should he actually pull this off, could guide future decisions for this franchise for a couple decades, and finally snap the castoff curse.

BossChief 03-05-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9466050)
I might take him 1, I think Hunter is gonna be like Julio Jones.

Oh, hellz no.

penbrook 03-05-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9466072)
Why do we need a vet? We HAVE a vet. Derrick Johnson. And he doesn't suck (yet).

Why not draft somebody in the middle rounds to fill that position? It's not like if this defense has problems next year it will ALLLL be because we didn't shore up Belcher's LB spot with a vet instead of a rookie

Rey Mauluga is on the open market.

Mecca 03-05-2013 12:33 AM

Derrick Johnson doesn't suck but he's also not a leader, The Chiefs are full of passive personality guys, they need someone who isn't.

saphojunkie 03-05-2013 12:34 AM

All I know is, if we draft Geno, I'm buying a jersey that says "Blacksmith" on it.

Spoiler!

RealSNR 03-05-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9466075)

There ya go, Mecca. You should love that shit.

Just Passin' By 03-05-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9466075)

He blows

KChiefs1 03-05-2013 12:35 AM

Why are The Planet & KK saying Geno is the next combo of Manning/Brady/RGIII while the rest of the NFL draft experts are saying there are no great QB prospects?

penbrook 03-05-2013 12:35 AM

Our O line is a lot better than what it showed last year because of our ****fest of qb play.

Mecca 03-05-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9466074)
Oh, hellz no.

Then we're stuck taking Joeckel a pass rusher we don't really need unless you want to cut Hali's contract which I'm ok with, or a DL.

Dion Jordan's a guy I really like but I only do that if I'm ready to move on from Hali.

penbrook 03-05-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9466076)
Derrick Johnson doesn't suck but he's also not a leader, The Chiefs are full of passive personality guys, they need someone who isn't.

Eric Winston?

Mecca 03-05-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9466081)
He blows

I'm sure he'd be fine as a 2 down thumper ILB that doesn't play in passing downs.

penbrook 03-05-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9466084)
Then we're stuck taking Joeckel a pass rusher we don't really need unless you want to cut Hali's contract which I'm ok with, or a DL.

Dion Jordan's a guy I really like but I only do that if I'm ready to move on from Hali.

True but Hali is a guy we need.

RealSNR 03-05-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9466076)

It's tough to lead a defense when you're a brokedick who can't play.