ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760609)
I am absolutely unwilling to say that the Chiefs won that day because the Packers lost. It's the NFL. There are no gimmies.

Shit, if anything we wrote the book on how to beat the packers last year. Did you notice once we exposed them the Giants followed our script to the t.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8760628)
Shit, if anything we wrote the book on how to beat the packers last year. Did you notice once we exposed them the Giants followed our script to the t.

But, but Romeo can't handle being a Head Coach AND a Defensive Coordinator!

:D

All joking aside, I think Romeo earned a chance to coach this team in 2012. The Chiefs were one or two plays from winning the division against Oakland. If Haley hadn't started Palko for four weeks, I think the Chiefs would have won the division with Romeo.

Anyway, I'll judge him on his head coaching performance in KC, not on his performance in Cleveland. And quite honestly, I saw what I liked when he took over and hope that he can continue to move this team forward.

Titty Meat 07-22-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760605)
Wrong.

I'm ignoring it. It's that simple. I'll take Romeo at face value in KC. If he's great, awesome. If he's average, that's too bad. If he's awful, the Chiefs will hire someone else.

But what happened in Cleveland, CLEVELAND of all places, should not be the sole barometer of the job he'll do in Kansas City. It shouldn't even factor in because it's the real Black Hole of the NFL.

Ok what about the shit game he coached vs Oakland last year?

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760640)
Ok what about the shit game he coached vs Oakland last year?

Yeah, you're right. It's Crennel's fault that Orton threw for 300 yards and Succop missed two field goals and the Chiefs lost by three OT.

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760639)
But, but Romeo can't handle being a Head Coach AND a Defensive Coordinator!

:D

All joking aside, I think Romeo earned a chance to coach this team in 2012. The Chiefs were one or two plays from winning the division against Oakland. If Haley hadn't started Palko for four weeks, I think the Chiefs would have won the division with Romeo.

Anyway, I'll judge him on his head coaching performance in KC, not on his performance in Cleveland. And quite honestly, I saw what I liked when he took over and hope that he can continue to move this team forward.

Completely agree, but if Cassel sinks I expect Crennel and Pioli to do the right thing and move this team forward. I can't help but feel like Haley was fired for trying to get Cassel replaced. Thus his father, Dick Haley, referring to him as average and Haley getting canned for such a thought.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8760651)
I can't help but feel like Haley was fired for trying to get Cassel replaced.

Todd Haley was the worst game day coach I can recall seeing in my years as a Chiefs fan. He made idiotic decisions week in and week out, whether it was playcalling, personnel groups, calling out his players, etc.

The only thing that Todd Haley did well in Kansas City was to get the players in shape and for that, I think he'd make a fine Strength and Conditioning coach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8760651)
Thus his father, Dick Haley, referring to him as average and Haley getting canned for such a thought.

Father covering for his son, who by the way, pulled the strings to get the son hired in Pittsburgh.

Titty Meat 07-22-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760648)
Yeah, you're right. It's Crennel's fault that Orton threw for 300 yards and Succop missed two field goals and the Chiefs lost by three OT.

The penalties and blocked field goals weren't because of bad coaching? Interesting.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760617)
Personally, I'm not happy with the fact that Pioli didn't seem to make an effort to re-sign Orton.

He made an effort, and he lowballed him.

He has a very high opinion of goody two-shoes Cassel, and a low opinion of a drunkard like Orton.

Pioli is all about the intangibles. That's why he loooooves team captains!

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760668)
The penalties and blocked field goals weren't because of bad coaching? Interesting.

Why don't you point out the "bad" decisions instead of acting like nit-picky woman?

BigMeatballDave 07-22-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760668)

How is a blocked FG bad coaching?

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8760673)
How is a blocked FG bad coaching?

Because we didn't adjust to the way Oakland was attacking FGs.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760671)
He made an effort, and he lowballed him.

Fact or speculation? I heard nothing about an offer to Orton, in the press or otherwise, other than the deal he received to back up Romo in Dallas.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760677)
Fact or speculation? I heard nothing about an offer to Orton, in the press or otherwise, other than the deal he received to back up Romo in Dallas.

Pioli has been publicly quoted as saying they wanted Orton back, but the Cowboys made Orton a "very, very generous offer."

He scoffed at 3 years and 10.5 mil.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760679)
Pioli has been publicly quoted as saying they wanted Orton back, but the Cowboys made Orton a "very, very generous offer."

He scoffed at 3 years and 10.5 mil.

Again, is this fact or speculation?

BigMeatballDave 07-22-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760675)
Because we didn't adjust to the way Oakland was attacking FGs.

LOL