ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life GF of 3 years left me yesterday.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239616)

Pushead2 01-04-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 7320637)
Good. Then FIX IT!

I'm afraid it's over & damage is done....

FAX 01-04-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 7320644)

Maybe. Maybe not.

The point is that you'll never know unless or until you get your head together and your priorities straight. You guys have been together for 3 years, man. Think about it. Most girls would have demanded a commitment by now.

Were I in your shoes, I would take FAX's advice as described above and start focusing on your life. If she wants to be with you, the phone works both ways.

FAX

MOhillbilly 01-04-2011 02:59 PM

Dont look back. Youll feel better in no time.

Pushead2 01-04-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 7320653)
Maybe. Maybe not.

The point is that you'll never know unless or until you get your head together and your priorities straight. You guys have been together for 3 years, man. Think about it. Most girls would have demanded a commitment by now.

Were I in your shoes, I would take FAX's advice as described above and start focusing on your life. If she wants to be with you, the phone works both ways.

FAX

I am dude trust me. & she said it had nothing to do with commitment for a ring.

Iowanian 01-04-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 7320644)

Sounds like she's confirmed what some of us have said.

Truthfully, it's easier that its NOT another guy.

It sounds like she's grown another direction. Wish her well and get busy moving on with your life. Find some things to keep you busy, things that make you happy. It doesn't sound like you were terribly happy either.

run and don't look back.

DeezNutz 01-04-2011 03:04 PM

Call her back and beg her to marry you. /wise and manly advice

ChiTown 01-04-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7320665)
Sounds like she's confirmed what some of us have said.

Truthfully, it's easier that its NOT another guy.

It sounds like she's grown another direction. Wish her well and get busy moving on with your life. Find some things to keep you busy, things that make you happy. It doesn't sound like you were terribly happy either.

run and don't look back.

Quit copying my shit, and get your own message board material:cuss:

NaptownChief 01-04-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 7319677)
She told me in response that she loves me to death but doesn't feel the same about being in love with me anymore.....

Just move forward...clearly not the needed spark for her anymore. Whether you want her back or not just don't sit around being pathetic. Nothing more unattractive than somebody who looks and acts pathetic and weak.

Just say "I love and sorry it didn't work out" and then move forward like all is well. There is a chance that she realizes things were better than she thought and she will come back sniffing around and there is a chance that when she sees you looking happy to have moved on you will become more desirable and find the spark again.

Women need a balancing act....They need you to be sweet and they need you to be a bit of an a$$. They all want guys to be sweet in theory but they need a challenge to keep the spark. If you just roll over and nice and sweet 100% of the time then they have no challenge and lose the spark. If you are an a$$ on occassion then they now have the challenge to try and make you really nice and sweet all the time and the spark usually stays. It's a silly game to have to play but unfortunately required for men if they don't want their old ladies getting bored and out shopping for something with the new car smell.

Donger 01-04-2011 03:13 PM

Not to be indelicate, but have you considered that perhaps her egg head world now doesn't mesh well with a hockey player-type?

Earthling 01-04-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 7320591)
That "never look back" stuff is easier said than done. But, it's good advice, nonetheless.

I once dated a nurse who worked at UCLA. Redhead. Nice tittahs. Nice blue eyes. She took care of me for a few weeks while I was in the hospital and then for a few weeks more once I was released. I messed up somehow ... probably got drunk, ate some Quaaludes, and said or did some outrageous and unspeakably horrific things or something along those lines. Anyhow, after she broke it off, I called her for a date and she said, "Never go back.". Apparently, I missed my one and only opportunity for a long and loving relationship with that particular nurse. Dang.

FAX

Oh...She wasn't a real redhead. :p

JD10367 01-04-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaptownChief (Post 7320696)
Women need a balancing act....They need you to be sweet and they need you to be a bit of an a$$. They all want guys to be sweet in theory but they need a challenge to keep the spark. If you just roll over and nice and sweet 100% of the time then they have no challenge and lose the spark. If you are an a$$ on occassion then they now have the challenge to try and make you really nice and sweet all the time and the spark usually stays. It's a silly game to have to play but unfortunately required for men if they don't want their old ladies getting bored and out shopping for something with the new car smell.

Quite possibly the stupidest thing I've read on the Internet, and that's saying something. A long-term permanent relationship is supposed to be about love. Love is not about "being a bit of an ass" under any circumstances.

Phobia 01-04-2011 03:17 PM

Frankly, I've no idea how to respond with my relationship wisdom on this thread without seeing pictures of the gal in question.

ChiTown 01-04-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7320719)
Quite possibly the stupidest thing I've read on the Internet, and that's saying something. A long-term permanent relationship is supposed to be about love. Love is not about "being a bit of an ass" under any circumstances.

Then you are doing it wrong.............

Donger 01-04-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7320719)

I don't agree. I would argue that most, if not all, women require drama. Obviously with varying levels from a lot to a little, but I've never known one who was fine with none. Women are CONSTANTLY thinking and/or worrying about things. I don't understand it (and don't really want to), but to ignore it is folly.

tooge 01-04-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7320729)
Frankly, I've no idea how to respond with my relationship wisdom on this thread without seeing pictures of the gal in question.

What he said! CP is slacking.