ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Sci-Fi geeks UNITE!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119615)

keg in kc 03-21-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
I still wish they'd move it to NBC, though.

I think the negatives might outweigh the positives brought by exposure if they did. Network execs like to tinker with shows. People complain about how BSG has been too 'soap-ish' with the love square. Imagine what a mainstream network might do with it...

I mean, how great would Battlestar Grey's Anatomy be...

Frazod 03-21-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I think the negatives might outweigh the positives brought by exposure if they did. Network execs like to tinker with shows. People complain about how BSG has been too 'soap-ish' with the love square. Imagine what a mainstream network might do with it...

I mean, how great would Battlestar Grey's Anatomy be...

Good point. We don't need to see Helo and the Chief go brokeback in the gear locker. :spock:

keg in kc 03-21-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Good point. We don't need to see Helo and the Chief go brokeback in the gear locker.

You mean you don't want to see Tigh grunting "who's your daddy?" from behind one of the boys in a back room on the Tylium ship?

That was revenge for the Tyrol/Helo image. Had to poke my mental eyes out. Bastard.

Frazod 03-21-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

You mean you don't want to see Tigh grunting "who's your daddy?" from behind one of the boys in a back room on the Tylium ship?

That was revenge for the Tyrol/Helo image. Had to poke my mental eyes out. Bastard.

:evil:

Lzen 03-22-2007 07:37 AM

Quote:

Awesome, awesome, awesome news for Galactica fans:

Season 4 has been expanded from 13 to 22 episodes, and there will be 2-hour 'event' in the fall or winter.

Excellent news. Although I hope they don't make any lame episodes. There have been a couple recently that I could have done without. I'm with you, Kyle, in the opinion that I don't need to see a space battle every week. However, I feel there have been some weak episodes lately (Chief and wife trapped in that hatch and the whole Appollo/Starbuck romance angle come to mind). This past Sunday's episode (which I just got around to watching last night) was much, much better. Can't wait until next week.

keg in kc 03-22-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Chief and wife trapped in that hatch and the whole Appollo/Starbuck romance angle come to mind

I really liked that episode, especially on second viewing. I thought it gave some insight into the Adama family dynamic, finally explained why Lee is like he is. I liked the look into the head of the Admiral, and the way I think he's wearing down. And they finally started to hit the Roslin/Adama thing they've been teasing almost the entire series.

I didn't mind the Apollo/Starbuck thing, but it just kept going and going and going. I guess the problem is that it was a little too realistic for its own good, because as much as I've heard complaints about how soap-ish it was, people do that kind of shit, they keep going back to the well even though they know it's poisoned.

I don't think it's over, either. Starbuck's going to show back up.

I did like that they've teased Sam and Lee getting along.
Quote:

This past Sunday's episode (which I just got around to watching last night) was much, much better. Can't wait until next week.
The week before, where they introduced Lampkin, was great, too.

I think Sunday's going to be a ride.

Lzen 03-22-2007 10:27 AM

I really like the Lampkin character.

keg in kc 03-22-2007 10:56 AM

Official announcement of what I posted yesterday. Apparently the 22 hours includes the movie (rumored to deal with Pegasus before they meet up with Galactica), so it'll be 20 episodes again.

SCI FI Boosts Battlestar Order

SCI FI Channel has increased its episode order for the fourth season of Battlestar Galactica to 22 from the original 13, including a special two-hour extended episode that will air during the fourth quarter of this year and be released on DVD by Universal Studios Home Entertainment thereafter. SCI FI made the announcement at its upfront press event in New York on March 21.

Battlestar Galactica will air its season-three finale on March 25 in its regular Sunday 10 p.m. ET/PT timeslot. Production will begin on the new season in May, with an eye to an early 2008 premiere.

The series is from NBC Universal Television Studio and is executive-produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick.

Lzen 03-22-2007 11:53 AM

Damn, that sucks that we will have to wait almost a year for the new season.

siberian khatru 03-25-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

I think Sunday's going to be a ride.

I'd say it was more like an acid trip.

Bowser 03-25-2007 09:03 PM

Ho. Lee. Shit.

Bowser 03-25-2007 09:05 PM

Keg must be on scifi.com looking at the extras. Heh.

keg in kc 03-25-2007 09:06 PM

Shit.

siberian khatru 03-25-2007 09:06 PM

It's one thing to have "All Along the Watchtower" as background music. It's quite another to have characters recite the lyrics. That's like breaking the 4th wall. When the 4 of them said those lines, I literally groaned.

trndobrd 03-25-2007 09:06 PM

Wow. The end reminded of 'Heavy Metal'.