ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jamaal Charles appreciation thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267294)

AussieChiefsFan 12-27-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9243581)
Yep, thats what i expected from day one and he has no excuse, the line has run blocked just fine all season.

Flipping the switch in garbage time isnt gonna cut it.

Also when Charles is softening the D by putting up 225+ on them.

boogblaster 12-27-2012 10:56 AM

He earned his paycheck this year .....

-King- 12-27-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9243565)
I'd still love to find a good compliment to Jamaal...used like we use Peyton Hillis...just not Peyton Hillis. Someone that is actually...good. Like, you know, maybe the cheaply signed Mike Tolbert that Carolina got. Mike Tolbert >>>>> Peyton Hillis

LMAO Tolbert sucks. He's having a worse year than Hillis.

aturnis 12-27-2012 12:33 PM

That is why Pioli is an idiot. In each of the last 2-3 drafts, there have been big, talented RB's available at a steal late. Vick Ballard comes to mind, as does MarShawn Lynch.

Hammock Parties 12-27-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9243812)
That is why Pioli is an idiot. In each of the last 2-3 drafts, there have been big, talented RB's available at a steal late. Vick Ballard comes to mind, as does MarShawn Lynch.

Um, Lynch was picked in 2007.

But you're right. Hillis and Draughn are garbage. We have no idea if Gray can play.

aturnis 12-27-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9243827)
Um, Lynch was picked in 2007.

But you're right. Hillis and Draughn are garbage. We have no idea if Gray can play.

Damn.. Ant believe he's been around that long. Dixon comes to mind. I know there are plenty of them out the producing. Can't really research on a phone though.

Hootie 12-27-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9243678)
LMAO Tolbert sucks. He's having a worse year than Hillis.

Tolbert is a perfect complimentary back to Charles.

Thig Lyfe 12-27-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9242412)

JC got conned. That kid is probably some street urchin hired by an eBay sports memorabilia dealer.

Rain Man 12-27-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9243980)
JC got conned. That kid is probably some street urchin hired by an eBay sports memorabilia dealer.

I hear that those guys will intentionally cripple kids sometimes to make them look more pathetic.

Thig Lyfe 12-27-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9243995)
I hear that those guys will intentionally cripple kids sometimes to make them look more pathetic.

Any time you see a kid in a wheelchair at a sporting event, he's fakin' it for a bowl of soup and bus fare.

AussieChiefsFan 12-28-2012 05:59 AM

"A running back who averages five yards a carry for his career is doing something extraordinary. Five yards a carry is better than Walter Payton averaged, better than O.J. Simpson averaged, better than Eric Dickerson averaged, better than Emmitt Smith averaged. A 5.0 average is what Barry Sanders and Gale Sayers had in their careers, and it’s currently Adrian Peterson’s career average as well. Going above 5.0 is the most rarefied air a running back can reach. For Charles to close out his fifth NFL season while carrying a 5.8-yard career average is remarkable."

-Michael David Smith of NBC Sport's PFT.

chefsos 12-28-2012 08:37 PM

I don't know if anyone noticed, but he did get the FedEx ground player of the week award. Kind of a no-brainer though, based on the numbers.

"The NFL announced Friday that quarterback Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers and running back Jamaal Charles of the Kansas City Chiefs are the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week for games played on Dec. 22-23.

Charles gained 226 yards on 22 carries, averaging 10.3 yards per carry and one touchdown in the Chiefs' 20-13 loss to the Indianapolis Colts."

http://www.nfl.com/voting/players-ai...nd/2012/reg/16

Q?

-King- 12-28-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9243837)
Tolbert is a perfect complimentary back to Charles.

In what way? Are we going to keep trying this big power back to compliment JC thing? Hasn't worked before so I don't see why people keep thinking it will work.

Deberg_1990 12-28-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9245407)
"A running back who averages five yards a carry for his career is doing something extraordinary. Five yards a carry is better than Walter Payton averaged, better than O.J. Simpson averaged, better than Eric Dickerson averaged, better than Emmitt Smith averaged. A 5.0 average is what Barry Sanders and Gale Sayers had in their careers, and it’s currently Adrian Peterson’s career average as well. Going above 5.0 is the most rarefied air a running back can reach. For Charles to close out his fifth NFL season while carrying a 5.8-yard career average is remarkable."

-Michael David Smith of NBC Sport's PFT.

It's pretty remarkable, but I'll bet Charles has half the carries those guys had their first 5 seasons. Charles didn't even play much his rookie year. Charles avg would decrease if he got 350 plus carries a year. Charles has never had a 300 carry year yet.

milkman 12-29-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9247346)
It's pretty remarkable, but I'll bet Charles has half the carries those guys had their first 5 seasons. Charles didn't even play much his rookie year. Charles avg would decrease if he got 350 plus carries a year. Charles has never had a 300 carry year yet.

You do know that he averaged 5.9 ypc when he was getting 20+ carries a game in '09 after he took over for LJ, right?