ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Marcus Peters is currently the 106th ranked corner on PFF right now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318076)

ChiefGator 11-06-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 13871390)
Marcus Peters?? More like Marcus Ass, amirite?

I'll leave now.

I feel ya

Coochie liquor 11-06-2018 08:14 AM

What do you expect from Marshawn’s cuz? Marshawn is the epitome of bad interviews!

The Franchise 11-06-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrapethat (Post 13871552)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Eod3TJaWHg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:eek:...so glad we're done with him. NSFW of course. Best part at 1:35

I give it another year before the Rams are ready to get rid of him. Hopefully it's after they sign him to a large contract.

suzzer99 11-06-2018 08:44 AM

Marcus Peters still believes he’s ‘a top ****ing corner,’ but Rams need him to start playing like one

Quote:

The Rams had dug themselves out of a massive 21-point hole to tie the game at 35-35. And after surrendering a field goal to fall behind by three, they were still in position to get the ball back and make one last run with New Orleans facing third-and-7 from its own 28. Just one more stop and Jared Goff and the Rams would get the ball back with plenty of time to drive for a game-winning touchdown or force overtime with a field goal.

That chance never came, thanks mostly to Peters.

“Shit, third down and (seven), got up there in press coverage, he just beat me off the line,” Peters said of Thomas’ late TD. “Looked back, tried to make a play on the ball. Shit happens like that in football.”

Peters was asked if the issue was him trying to get a signal to a teammate just before the snap, But he refused to go there.

“Shit happens like that in football,” he said. “We were just trying to get aligned. It just happens like that. I got beat. Communication, regardless of all that, I got beat. Once the play starts you got to go out there and compete. And I didn’t.”
Quote:

Peters arrived in Los Angeles with the hype and pedigree and talent of one of the league’s premier press coverage corners, a guy who could wipe away one side of the field and, when challenged, ballhawk and force turnovers the likes the NFL hasn’t seen in years.

Coming into the season, Peters had 19 interceptions over the last four seasons, by far the most in pro football. The Rams were expecting that player when they traded for him. Or at least something close to it to complement the pass rush prowess of a loaded defensive line led by Aaron Donald.

That’s what they thought they were getting anyway. But Peters has been anything but.

This season, he has one interception. And the pick six happened during the opening week of the season against the Raiders, who, at that point in the game, were desperately trying to make something happen. Credit Peters for taking it to the house, but the reality is Raiders quarterback Derek Carr served it up to him on a silver platter.

Since that game, Peters has essentially been a weak link. A calf injury in Week 3 didn’t help. Nor did the ankle injury that sidelined Aqib Tablib the last six games. But Peters’ fall from one of the best corners in the league to one that opponents purposely and gladly pick on and attack has been shocking.

Peters insists his injury has had no bearing on his play. If he’s dressed for games, it means he’s fine.

“That was seven weeks ago,” Peters argued. “Things happen like that. If I wasn’t healthy, Coach [Phillips] wouldn’t have me out there.”
Quote:

“I’ve been playing shitty these last couple of weeks,” he said. “And that’s just being honest. But for me, I just continue to fight. That’s the type of player I am. Who gives a shit? You’re gonna get beat in football. You go out there and compete to the highest of your abilities. And shit happens.”
Quote:

“Like I said I’ve just had a bad couple of weeks. you feel me?” Peters said. “I own up to that and I step up. I know I’m a top ****ing corner in this league and I ain’t been playing like one. You feel me? I put that on me. You feel me?”
POTY (Pottymouth of the Year)

RunKC 11-06-2018 08:49 AM

Gonna be great when the Rams let him go and he’s forced to play outside of Cali for a middling team like the Lions, Titans or Bucs bc those will be the only teams willing to pay him.

Red Dawg 11-06-2018 08:59 AM

He's an unprofessional jerk. Any team with respect for their environment won't sign him. Lets not forget that not one Chief came out and said anything that defended Peters. Not one Chief disagreed and still none have said they miss him

Hoover 11-06-2018 08:59 AM

What I always liked about him was that when he made a mistake or gave up a TD, he would make amends for it and pick off the ball. He's a playmaker. But damn, he is a victim of his own ego.

The Franchise 11-06-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13873004)
What I always liked about him was that when he made a mistake or gave up a TD, he would make amends for it and pick off the ball. He's a playmaker. But damn, he is a victim of his own ego.

There's the rub with Marcus Peters. When he's on point....he's a top 3 CB in this league easy. When he's not.....he becomes a distraction and a nuisance.

cwhocares 11-06-2018 09:07 AM

Nothing wrong with the interview. He owned up to his performance. I can't imagine being in the spotlight like that and have to answer the same questions time and again. It's to bad Reid couldn't reach him and set him on the right track. Looks like he is headed for an implosion. He needs to pull his head out of his A**. That is sad to see because for the first 3 years he was here, he was a shut down corner.

Iconic 11-06-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhocares (Post 13873019)
Nothing wrong with the interview. He owned up to his performance. I can't imagine being in the spotlight like that and have to answer the same questions time and again. It's to bad Reid couldn't reach him and set him on the right track. Looks like he is headed for an implosion. He needs to pull his head out of his A**. That is sad to see because for the first 3 years he was here, he was a shut down corner.

This might be the worst take ever.

JohnnyHammersticks 11-06-2018 09:50 AM

Anyone who happens to realize that Marcus Peters isn't worth a flying **** and is a HUGE cancer with any team he's on has got to be a racist, right SJW's?

THANK GOD we got rid of that ignorant jackass. One bright spot for Marcus, they don't play the United States National Anthem before CFL games.

WhiteWhale 11-06-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 13873093)
Anyone who happens to realize that Marcus Peters isn't worth a flying **** and is a HUGE cancer with any team he's on has got to be a racist, right SJW's?

THANK GOD we got rid of that ignorant jackass. One bright spot for Marcus, they don't play the United States National Anthem before CFL games.

:facepalm: Save it for DC

King_Chief_Fan 11-06-2018 10:30 AM

USA Today said he was beaten early, late, and often.
Should Chiefs abuse him the same?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-06-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 13873204)
USA Today said he was beaten early, late, and often.
Should Chiefs abuse him the same?

Let's add "right on time" to the mix and call it good.

Flying High D 11-06-2018 11:39 AM

Where are they supposed to feel him at? Asking for a friend.