ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Burger King Thinks Mac N' Cheetos Is Something You Might Eat (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300516)

Simply Red 06-24-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12288187)
Likely not this time, but I'll be staying on that side of town in September for work and its a must stop.

Can you post pics of Texas Tom's food - somewhere, when you go?

ptlyon 06-24-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12287329)
I used to love the chili cheese burritos but as I've mentioned here in the past, they're not on the menu in SoCal.

That just sucks. Because of this thread in crushing a chili cheese burrito and a Mexican pizza right now. :thumbs:

Simply Red 06-24-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 12288226)
That just sucks. Because of this thread in crushing a chili cheese burrito and a Mexican pizza right now. :thumbs:

Nice!!

KCUnited 06-24-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12288206)
Can you post pics of Texas Tom's food - somewhere, when you go?

I'll certainly try and control myself better this time around to get a pic. We partied down last year at the World Series and I wound up Hassellhoff'ing some Texas Toms in the downtown Sheraton. Not my best moment.

DaneMcCloud 06-24-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 12288226)

Awesome!

mr. tegu 06-24-2016 02:02 PM

I wonder how much money they are making and how many customers they are getting just from all of the publicity. And not even people buying these, but just from people going there for other regular items since the brand is all over the place and on their minds.

sedated 06-24-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12288470)
I wonder how much money they are making and how many customers they are getting just from all of the publicity. And not even people buying these, but just from people going there for other regular items since the brand is all over the place and on their minds.

Surely none, didn't you read the thread - no one eats there, its gross.

DaneMcCloud 06-24-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 12288497)
Surely none, didn't you read the thread - no one eats there, its gross.

I can honestly say that I've eaten at Burger King one time since 1997.

We were on the road and it was the only place within 50 miles or so.

I had a burger and it wasn't bad. Small, but not bad. I used to love their chicken sandwiches back in the 80's but at some point in the early 90's, they changed something because they no longer tasted the same.

The nearest BK to my home is 2.3 miles. Google Maps says it'll take 13 minutes right now for me to drive to that location and it's not even a drive thru, so I'd have to find street parking.

No wonder I haven't eaten at a BK in a decade.

Baby Lee 06-24-2016 03:29 PM

I eat at BK relatively often, by which I mean I don't eat out that often, but when I do BK is one of the more regular places I go.

But it's on the strength of their basics. Whopper, fry coke. Value CB, fry coke if I'm not so hungry. I like their beef better than most regular FF places, except Wendys. But Wendy's are fewer and more far between.

None of the stuff they put on that long bun has ever appealed to me [long chicken, long fish, double burger patty, etc.]. Same for chicken fries, chicken rings, etc.

The only thing that changed things up was the 'angry' whopper. I'll buy most anything that makes stuff spicier. Chipotle mayo, jalapenos, that's about all that's changed up in my BK order over the years.

DaNewGuy 06-24-2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12288575)
I eat at BK relatively often, by which I mean I don't eat out that often, but when I do BK is one of the more regular places I go.

But it's on the strength of their basics. Whopper, fry coke. Value CB, fry coke if I'm not so hungry. I like their beef better than most regular FF places, except Wendys. But Wendy's are fewer and more far between.

None of the stuff they put on that long bun has ever appealed to me [long chicken, long fish, double burger patty, etc.]. Same for chicken fries, chicken rings, etc.

The only thing that changed things up was the 'angry' whopper. I'll buy most anything that makes stuff spicier. Chipotle mayo, jalapenos, that's about all that's changed up in my BK order over the years.

Oh shit I forgot about the extra long fish sandwich. My girl works next to a BK so when I had to wait and pick her up id snag 2 of those. Quite tasty in my opinion

TimBone 06-24-2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 12287797)
Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere but this should be added to the Burger King list of terrible ideas
http://cdn1.thecomeback.com/wp-conte...to-594x356.png

"Let's take our Whopper and put it on shittier bread!"

Pepe Silvia 06-24-2016 03:36 PM

Gosh Damn Burger King makes me wanna puke.

Pepe Silvia 06-24-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12288156)
I'll be in KC for some Royals games next month and will for sure hit Texas Toms on Linwood. My plan is to keep it simple with a Buck-a-roo basket if they'll sub me out the fries for tots and the hamburger for a taco burger.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/...pss2ehrjdn.jpg

I like their deep fried burritos.

TimBone 06-24-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12288177)
Good looking out on those nachos. You'd think Chicago would be a good nacho town, but it's really bad. They like to do that baked cheese on top shit instead of wet nacho cheese, so nachos is on my KC list.

EDIT: Dang, looks like that place is permanently closed.

Shredded cheese instead of wet melted queso on nachos is like choosing Grbac over Gannon.

Dayze 06-24-2016 03:38 PM

Burger King wearing their Bad Idea Jeans