ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

cookster50 07-18-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 10751965)
Anyone need a PS4 beta key?

I'll take one.

The Franchise 07-18-2014 01:24 PM

Is the difference huge between the PS3 and PS4 versions?

007 07-18-2014 02:33 PM

holy crap. I didn't know your profile carried from one playform to another. Just got on my PS3 and my character from the PS4 is there. SWEET

I wonder if it would carry to xbox too.

keg in kc 07-18-2014 03:52 PM

So apparently all the destiny app stuff is available through bungie.net. This is me: http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/46...43009214848613

Valiant 07-18-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10752509)
I got a rare shotgun, too. Weird. Tons of other loot, too. My warlock has uncommon in every slot except feet and class armor. Used the vault to give weapons to my hunter so now at level 3 he has a real nice uncommon pulse rifle he's continuing to level, a nice machine gun and a level 6 sniper rifle he'll get in a couple hours. Then later if I want to do some explore missions I can give them back to the warlock.

Really loving this game. I know bungie says it's not an mmo, but it's totally an mmo. I've got the freedom to do basically whatever I want for as long as I want, and there's plenty of not-so-hidden grind with all the factions to level. And I had a ton of fun exploring last night, looking for dead ghosts and loot chests (and riding a pike, which I had no idea you could do in pve). Can't wait to dive back in today, see how I like the Hunter class, and then tomorrow try out the titan. And I haven't even tried the strike yet.

I'm glad the beta stops at 8, cause if it didn't I'd just spoil more of the game for myself. Although I have a feeling they up the level cap next week.

I wanna get to the moon! That one locked mission is just there, taunting me...

Mmo, I don't think you know what that means.

keg in kc 07-18-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10753483)
Mmo, I don't think you know what that means.

I've only played 6 of them for thousands of hours in the last 15 years. Definitely no idea what mmo means.

(I'm referring more to style of game, however - this seems to me to be heavily influenced by them).

Shogun 07-18-2014 04:14 PM

Crucible is pretty fun, if you have good weapons. got in as the only level 5 in a game full of 7s and 8s and held my own.

keg in kc 07-18-2014 04:29 PM

If I did crucible I'd probably be the first player ever to hit -100 k/d. LMAO

Shogun 07-18-2014 05:53 PM

Alright so im really good at crucible so far lol

Also just spent the last hour + doing the Devils Den with 2 guys i met randomly. We had a blast. That was the best time I've had playing a video game in a long time. Monsters so hard to kill! Super rewarding.

keg in kc 07-19-2014 07:47 AM

Haven't done the strike yet not sure if I will this week. Although I did find the devil walker in the explore area yesterday and killed him. Slowly. This morning I spent about 3 hours just doing random missions and looking for loot chests and dead ghosts on the explore map. Had tons of fun. Got my grimoire score up to 400. Slowly getting better in combat although my aim is still off more than I'd like. Still, made it through all the story missions on a hunter with just two deaths yesterday, so a marked improvement over my warlock on the first day. Both classes are fun, though I prefer the warlock so far. Going to give the titan a go later.

Crazy fun game...

BigBeauford 07-19-2014 10:54 AM

The Hunter's Knife throw is pretty OP in PvP.

Shogun 07-19-2014 11:03 AM

You can kill him a lot quicker if you aim for his legs with somebody and have somebody else destroy his turret. did this with 3 guys just a minute ago and only took 5 to 7 minutes on him.

keg in kc 07-19-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10754702)
You can kill him a lot quicker if you aim for his legs with somebody and have somebody else destroy his turret. did this with 3 guys just a minute ago and only took 5 to 7 minutes on him.

Yeah, that's what I did. 'Cept I was by myself. Would've gone much faster if I hadn't repeatedly run out of heavy and special ammo, was using a pulse rifle most of the time. Hadn't actually planned to do it but a scouting mission took me there.

Mav 07-19-2014 12:05 PM

as an xbox guy, I hate you guys..

jiveturkey 07-19-2014 01:33 PM

Partnered up with some random kid and he showed me showed me a bunch of loot boxes we also knocked out all of the earth missions. I really wish that I could carry more sniper ammo (it has the flame icon).