ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Are "Begging" To Get Out Of 1st Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272119)

Marcellus 04-15-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9589935)
It'll give them more time than just having Alex Smith suck for three or four years. If you take the chance with a QB in the first round, something you haven't done since I was born, and you fail, you'll get another chance because at least you took that chance for the first time in three decades. If you fail on a retread QB, like the last regime failed bigtime on Matt Cassel, then didn't pull him when he clearly didn't deserve the job, THEN you find yourself with banners flying in the sky and fans wanting blood.

But people here say Alex Smith was traded for because he is the "safe" move and ensures 8-8 and job security.

AlexSmithDynasty 04-15-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589543)
Your job as a shitscraper doesn't compare to what Albert does for a living. Stop trying to equate the two.

LOL you're so clever, nice assumption but wrong unfortunately. I'm sorry about your insecurity that you have to lash out like this, I know you're an older person who isn't really happy with his life and this internet communication is one of your few outlets. I understand from your nearly 50,000 posts that you don't really have a whole lot else going on and I hope you stop being so miserable one day.

DTLB58 04-15-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589759)
Chiefs sandwich a shitty year and having the first pick, between an generational Qb and generational pass rusher. Typical.

If Smith is as bad as all the Geno supporters say we may still have a chance at Clowney.

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9589935)
It'll give them more time than just having Alex Smith suck for three or four years. If you take the chance with a QB in the first round, something you haven't done since I was born, and you fail, you'll get another chance because at least you took that chance for the first time in three decades. If you fail on a retread QB, like the last regime failed bigtime on Matt Cassel, then didn't pull him when he clearly didn't deserve the job, THEN you find yourself with banners flying in the sky and fans wanting blood.

I understand

But Dorsey and Reid haven't been fans of the Chiefs for 30 years and aren't taking that into account. They are going by their evaluation of Geno Smith not 'fixing history'. Andy Reid has drafted a 1st round QB recently as well as in other rounds ... he's not a 'QB hater'. If they don't draft Geno Smith it will be because they don't think he's good enough.

Personally i think Geno Smith has the potential and would draft him.

But then again i also thought Jimmy Clausen had the talent too. :shrug:

Tribal Warfare 04-15-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9590005)
If Smith is as bad and frail as all the Geno supporters say we may still have a chance at Clowney.

FYP

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9589921)
which was also twisted because Tyson Jackson has turned out to be a solid player.

Not worth the high pick, but solid

If Alex Smiths is 'meh' and Geno Smith turns out to be great then Reid and Dorsey will both probably get fired eventually for it.

Their evaluation about Geno Smith MUST be right.

If they think Geno Smith sucks then they should pass on him.

Getting a good player is more important than getting a certain position.

Tyson Jackson is a pile of shit. He ranks as the second lowest 34 DE of the past four years drafted or UDFA.

Geno has everything you want in a NFL QB prospect. Size, arm, awareness, work ethic, accuracy, experience, etc. And he doesn't act entitled or elitist like guys like Sanchez, Clausen, Stafford, etc. He just wants to play football. His skill set reminds me of Aaron Rogers and his "IT" factor is on the level of another QB that I really liked because of his intangibles in Colin Kaepernick. Dude gets it on the field. You see a guy who is driven, who wants to make every pass perfect in order to win. I noticed it the first time I saw him play as a sophomore. You knew this guy was going to be special.

Geno Smith is going to be a player in this league. I think that the current Chiefs team is an absolutely perfect fit for him. And I think it's a perfect situation to come into. He doesn't have to start. He can learn the system, the league and work on his small mechanical issues. In two years, when Alex Smith's contract expires, Geno is going to be full on ready to take charge of this team.

And Geno is the best player in this draft. He not only plays the most important position on the field, but he did so at the college level better than anyone else available this year. His numbers last season were virtually identical to Luck and Griffin's last year in college (while playing in the same conference as Griffin). I truly don't know what else you could possibly want in a high ceiling NFL QB prospect. Geno has all the tools.

If Dorsey is a man true to his word of drafting the best player available, Geno Smith will be wearing a Chiefs uniform in 2013.

BossChief 04-15-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9589872)
Bunch of people said the same thing when they passed on Mark Sanchez.

It was meltdown city.

Taking a QB just to take one is stupid.

If we pass on Geno and he turns out to be great THEN they are idiots.

05: DJ over Rodgers
08: Albert over Flacco
11: Baldwin over Kaepernick
12: Stephenson over Wilson

Geno is arguably a better prospect than all of those guys were at the time, too...Rodgers is debateable.

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590043)

Geno is arguably a better prospect than all of those guys were at the time, too...Rodgers is debateable.

Reid/Dorsey didn't have anything to do with those picks.

People are holding a grudge against Dorsey/Reid that occurred under other GM/HC's

RealSNR 04-15-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9590000)
LOL you're so clever, nice assumption but wrong unfortunately. I'm sorry about your insecurity that you have to lash out like this, I know you're an older person who isn't really happy with his life and this internet communication is one of your few outlets. I understand from your nearly 50,000 posts that you don't really have a whole lot else going on and I hope you stop being so miserable one day.

I'm 32. I'm not old.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

You do realize KC isn't the only team to pass those guys up for lesser players right? And some teams ****ed up even worse.

Hindsight is 20/20. I didn't see anyone on CP clamoring for any of those guys. **** we were ELATED when we got DJ.

Yet there is constant talk of how GMs need to listen to CP. difference is hindsight.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9590051)

People are holding a grudge against Dorsey/Reid that occurred under other GM/HC's

And if they pass on a potential Pro Bowl level QB because they signed a retread (list every starting Chiefs QB since Blackledge other than Brodie Croyle), they you can add their names to the list of dickhead GM's/Head Coaches who ****ed over this franchise.

GordonGekko 04-15-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

I honestly had my doubts about Rodgers, came from the same system that produced Joey Harrington and Akili Smith. Honestly it's been one of the things I've been so completely wrong about, and made me realize that you have to keep trying drafting QB's because eventually one will hit and it will be huge.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9590051)

Some people.

Not all.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590057)
You do realize KC isn't the only team to pass those guys up for lesser players right? And some teams ****ed up even worse.

Hindsight is 20/20. I didn't see anyone on CP clamoring for any of those guys. **** we were ELATED when we got DJ.

Yet there is constant talk of how GMs need to listen to CP. difference is hindsight.

I consistently said that I wanted the Chiefs to draft Kaepernick. In fact, I was probably the only one here who did.

penbrook 04-15-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590066)
I consistently said that I wanted the Chiefs to draft Kaepernick. In fact, I was probably the only one here who did.

Scott Pioli even had Kaepernick work out for him.